Game Day Round 18, 2019: Cats v Hawks, 1.10pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We’ve got them on toast, should be much further ahead. However if we maintain this discipline in the second half, we should hold them off.

First ten minutes crucial here. They’ll come hard.

The 9 behinds is frustrating but it doesn’t need to come back to haunt us. We’re 23 points up with half the game to play. Just continue to play better and we’ll win.
Spot on. Rushed kicks out of packs, hard against the boundary line or from just outside 50. Its not like they were all 30m directly in front. Nothing but positives for mine. Playing very well. All the best Jars.

Loving your handballs this game Scully, huge improvement.

Dominated the first half and really should be 7-8 goals up to be honest. Conversion in the second half was poor and we really grinded out our second goal in the second term only to let Hawkins kick the weakest of goals. Early on the year that would be demoralising and players would drop their heads. To the boys credit, they went and got one back and we almost had another after the siren.

Loving Lewis in the forward line, works hard back towards goal and is using the space well. Need too see Breust hit the scoreboard just to create more headaches for the Geelong defenders.

Clearances are the only other area where we are struggling but our gameplan does well to negate this in general play.

Rushed kicks out of packs, hard against the boundary line or from just outside 50. Its not like the were al 30m directly in front. Nothing but positives for mine. Playing very well. All the best Jars.

Loving your handballs this game Scully, huge improvement.

Scully has been running into traffic. Hasn't flinched today.

Hard to complain about the first half the only thing u could say is we should b further in front. Nash's role is unique. He follows Lewis, tob in if the geelong players body them out he punches... actually he just smashes the pack, if they don't he pulls out and let's them mark. Clarko has invented the defensive tall forward.

Dominated the first half and really should be 7-8 goals up to be honest. Conversion in the second half was poor and we really grinded out our second goal in the second term only to let Hawkins kick the weakest of goals. Early on the year that would be demoralising and players would drop their heads. To the boys credit, they went and got one back and we almost had another after the siren.

Loving Lewis in the forward line, works hard back towards goal and is using the space well. Need too see Breust hit the scoreboard just to create more headaches for the Geelong defenders.

Clearances are the only other area where we are struggling but our gameplan does well to negate this in general play.
It's 1 bloke getting the ball out of the middle ATM that's Kelly. He is easily their most important player this year. They actually got 2 easy goals that qtr from a structure breakdown leaving Kelly by himself streaming into the 50.

frustrating - could of put them away big time

You have to wonder how deliberate it has to be to be deliberate - I think we copped a similar one this year and got pinged.

Been a good game from the group. Hopefully they can go on with it from here although I do expect a different Geelong to come out in the second half. They’ve all played so well as a team - coming together as we build towards 2020

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cats will come hard early in the third especially from the centre. Danger will look for running shots deep so we can’t give him space. Even if they score early we need to rebound back and maintain pressure and not drop our heads. We had some tough misses I wish we converted but can’t rest on our laurels. Maybe look at burgoyne to start in the midfield or we go big
In the centre to stop a clean clearance

Scully has played his best half in brown and gold. Let's hope he keeps it going.

Howe has looked fantastic at half back. Credit to the poster that suggested this a month back.

Big Boy and Sicily are putting on a clinic in their roles. Frawley shows why he is close to our most important player. Hopefully those that have potted him for years are now vocal advocates.

Hanrahan is just silk in everything he does. So much Bruest about this kid.

Gunston and Bruest are getting involved.

And, our Twin Towers are what makes ******* footy so good to watch.

Still, long way to go...

Really hoping the kicking at goal doesn't come back to bite.

Impey is a big loss. Mitch Lewis, please announce yourself to the comp.

Need to get our skates on early in this quarter and bang a few through the middle.

You pull an all nighter B&G? Your firing up early!
Nah stats just hit a nerve, just because I bite at stats people automatically call me out as not liking the player that it references.
Example of stats gone bananas. Local top class high standard under 18's game yesterday, top of the table team have a nice win over a finals aspirant. Coach starts by rattling off a stat, today we had 50 forward handballs from stoppages, a season high for the team, then next breath lays praise on bumps junior starring a chain of play that resulted in a coast to coast goal from the back pocket, without doubt the single best bit of football for the day. How did it start? A front and square attack in the footy, a shimmy through the contest followed by a five metre back and lateral handball that put a flanker six metres in the clear.
So what was more important, one of the 50 forward handballs or one telling backwards handball that provided something special.
Stats blerk.

is it at least a good sign impey was walking or could it still be an acl?
It could still be an acl. You get instant pain when you rupture acl then after a few minutes the ligament dies and you are pain free.

I dont think and hope it isnt an acl but we we wont be seeing the imp for a while

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back