Previous Matches Marcus Ashcroft medal Winners

GC 124 - 116 Brisbane Jarred Brennan
Brisbane 123 - 61 GC Simon Black
Brisbane 111 - 46 GC Tom Rockliff
GC 48-59 Brisbane Gary Ablett
GC 92-94 Brisbane Johnathan Brown
Brisbane 116 - 83 GC Matthew Leuenberger
GC 114 - 61 Brisbane Gary Ablett

"Should" be a good match. Lions forwards haven't proved themselves yet and I'm hoping this is the match they do

Brisbane by 3

Why they call this QClash and not the Big Pine Grapple, I will never know.

The QC Clash!! Wait, no that is Essendon and ASADA.

The Q-Clash! There we go, that's the one.

IDR663.gif

Marcus Ashcroft medal. You've got to be shitting me no?

A good ordinary player at Brisbane who then went and worked for the suns and they name the medal after him. Brennan and Rischitelli must be feeling stiff they didn't get the medal named after them.

They couldn't have waited 10 or 20 years and then named it after someone? In fact maybe wait that long to have a medal at all. Voss-Ablett medal sounds much better.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A good ordinary player at Brisbane who then went and worked for the suns and they name the medal after him. Brennan and Rischitelli must be feeling stiff they didn't get the medal named after them.

They couldn't have waited 10 or 20 years and then named it after someone? In fact maybe wait that long to have a medal at all. Voss-Ablett medal sounds much better.

Excuse me?

He played 318 games, played in 3 premierships...Rischa wont make 300 and Brennan has been done for a while now.

Louis Herbert is a late inclusion and will make his debut for the Gold Coast Suns starting as the substitute.

Claye Beams the Substitute for the Brisbane Lions.
Super pumped for my doppelganger, Hopefully he can come on and tear the Lions a new one today.

Super nervous about this one. Nut up or shut up Suns, No Excuses.

Excuse me?

He played 318 games, played in 3 premierships...Rischa wont make 300 and Brennan has been done for a while now.
I don't often agree with Brisbane supporters but if 300 games and 3 flags aren't good enough for a medal I don't know what is.

Maybe not a 'star' but very good player with a lengthy career, nothing ordinary about him as a footballer.

No worse than the Ross Glendinning IMO. I like the Voss-Ablett medal too but probably not going to happen while Gazza is still around.

Hoping for a good game, tipped Brissie but GC may be fired up for this one if they still think they can make the finals.

Marcus Ashcroft played 300+ games and won 3 premierships. And you're comparing him with Brennan and Rischitelli? Haha :')

Excuse me?

And what exactly has he done for the Suns? Worked a job, done ok, but hardly anything vital to date.

There's 10 or more multiple premiership players (Voss, Black, Aka, Brown, Lynch, Leppitsch, Lappin, the Scotts, Chris Johnson, Shaun Hart, Mal Michael, Darryl White) who will go down in Brisbane history as great players from that era, sure they haven't played 300 but some of those are leagues ahead of Ashcroft. Would you make a Shaun Hart medal for Port v Bris? If not why make one for Ashcroft just for the sake of it?

If Ashcroft ends up a vital and long term member of the Suns plays a role in earning sustained success for the club then fair enough. But we won't know that for 20 years.

And what exactly has he done for the Suns? Worked a job, done ok, but hardly anything vital to date.

There's 10 or more multiple premiership players (Voss, Black, Aka, Brown, Lynch, Leppitsch, Lappin, the Scotts, Chris Johnson, Shaun Hart, Mal Michael, Darryl White) who will go down in Brisbane history as great players from that era, sure they haven't played 300 but some of those are leagues ahead of Ashcroft. Would you make a Shaun Hart medal for Port v Bris? If not why make one for Ashcroft just for the sake of it?

If Ashcroft ends up a vital and long term member of the Suns plays a role in earning sustained success for the club then fair enough. But we won't know that for 20 years.

Your own argument means none of these players could qualify either. At least Ashcroft HAS a connection to both teams now.

The AFL chose to have the medal to promote a rivalry and to honor Ashcroft and his efforts while at the Lions and for his efforts to help establish the Suns. Seems fine to me/Suns supporters.

I would opt for the Karmichael-Fev Medal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back