Review Round 18, Fremantle vs GWS Giants, Sunday August 2nd, 2.40pm AWST, Domain Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Freo will have some changes over there. I feel Fyfe may get rested. Had a problem with a corky that that idiot Mitchell purposely gave him in the hawks game

I also think an old head (Pav, Sandi or McPharlin) may have a rest as they have played every game so far

Biggest thing against this Freo side is the Giants forward line. There are a few injuries in freo's backline and McCarthy and Cameron will kick a few between them. If this happens we may see a Debut with Langdon, Blakey and Weller tearing up in the WAFL

If Sandilands plays and his taps are not nullified it's all over

Also Leon has to put some work into the "Freo blast" which is the first quarter fast starts. We havn't seen it for 7 weeks but it's dangerous if it rears it's head

Freo desperately need to win this to keep WC at bay so I don't expect them to take the giants lightly

However my boys over there have not been in great form so I think it will be closer than a lot if tipsters think

Freo by 30

Feel free to ask me any freo related questions this week guys

Freo will have some changes over there. I feel Fyfe may get rested. Had a problem with a corky that that idiot Mitchell purposely gave him in the hawks game

I also think an old head (Pav, Sandi or McPharlin) may have a rest as they have played every game so far

Biggest thing against this Freo side is the Giants forward line. There are a few injuries in freo's backline and McCarthy and Cameron will kick a few between them. If this happens we may see a Debut with Langdon, Blakey and Weller tearing up in the WAFL

If Sandilands plays and his taps are not nullified it's all over

Also Leon has to put some work into the "Freo blast" which is the first quarter fast starts. We havn't seen it for 7 weeks but it's dangerous if it rears it's head

Freo desperately need to win this to keep WC at bay so I don't expect them to take the giants lightly

However my boys over there have not been in great form so I think it will be closer than a lot if tipsters think

Freo by 30

Feel free to ask me any freo related questions this week guys
Surely the corky won't come into it? He played the last two rounds with it!?

I'm not as high on Williams as many other seem to be. From where I was sitting it seemed Williams had the job on motlop in the first half, and I don't need to tell you guys how that went.

I don't think Barrett gets his shot because there are no inside mids due to go out (it seems Steele has lifted his midfield time in lieu of Shiel, and I don't think he deserves to be dropped).

I do think WHE deserves his shot and subi seems like his kind of ground. He hasn't been setting the world on fire in the NEAFL but I don't think that was what he was being asked to do. He needed to run harder both ways and that often doesn't show statistically.

Leon has to be seriously thinking about Patton now too. He seems to be most of the way back now (92% ToG) and you'd think parking him at FF would be more effective than the resting ruck. If he's ready to go I'd like to see:

In: Patton, WHE
Out: Palmer (hamstring), Williams (omitted)

Griffin/Tomlinson to spend more time back to help out - the freo forwards (Pav aside) aren't going to be the primary problem. Service from the middle will be what scores their points so I see Griffen and Shaw as our two most important players this week. If they can combine for 15 or so intercept possessions the damage could be limited.

I'm not as high on Williams as many other seem to be. From where I was sitting it seemed Williams had the job on motlop in the first half, and I don't need to tell you guys how that went.

I don't think Barrett gets his shot because there are no inside mids due to go out (it seems Steele has lifted his midfield time in lieu of Shiel, and I don't think he deserves to be dropped).

I do think WHE deserves his shot and subi seems like his kind of ground. He hasn't been setting the world on fire in the NEAFL but I don't think that was what he was being asked to do. He needed to run harder both ways and that often doesn't show statistically.

Leon has to be seriously thinking about Patton now too. He seems to be most of the way back now (92% ToG) and you'd think parking him at FF would be more effective than the resting ruck. If he's ready to go I'd like to see:

Griffin/Tomlinson to spend more time back to help out - the freo forwards (Pav aside) aren't going to be the primary problem. Service from the middle will be what scores their points so I see Griffen and Shaw as our two most important players this week. If they can combine for 15 or so intercept possessions the damage could be limited.

Agree from a structural perspective he would be in but Camerons taking a long term perspective with his return.Another game at least in twos

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With no Fyfe now all we have to worry about is Sandilands, Mundy, Barlow, Hill, Neale, D Pearce and Walters.

4263203.jpg

With no Fyfe now all we have to worry about is Sandilands, Mundy, Barlow, Hill, Neale, D Pearce and Walters.

4263203.jpg
Freo arent nearly as invincible as earlier in the year and with Fyfe out a well as Ballantyne, Johnson etc its an opportunity to show we have improved. Maybe not win but be real competitive.Not like otter trips to WA.Surely this time we can use our pace and run and carry to our advantage on a big oval.Having said all that its funny with Freo its not so much the players your playing against but Lyons system

4263203.jpg
Can't believe you'd include D pearce in this?
He is the biggest hack to ever run onto a football field.
Never have I seen anyone butcher the ball and continually make terrible decisions when the heat is on. His efforts in the 13' GF were laughable. You should be glad he's lining up this week.

For whats is worth guys, I reckon you're a significantly more talented outfit than this purple bag of pretenders.
They're well oiled machine, I'll give them that, but in terms of talent alone they're a middle of the road team at best.

With Fyfe, Bala and Johnson now all out and potentially more to be rested this game surely evens up a touch despite the awful record GWS holds in the west. Freo have absolutely no depth so the players they replace them with are very, very mediocre.

The midfields for mine now break even.
The GWS fwd line is significantly better and should pose many problems to an undersized and decimated Freo back line.
Backlines seemingly break even.

Hoping GWS show a lot more this time in perth, winning this certainly isn't out of the realms of possibility

I must admit when u look at there backline without Johnson and Dawson been out most of the year its nothing great on paper.Cameron has got to be slightly tempted to play Patton or Stewart and Mccarthy.Also The ground should suit our run and carry its more the away hostile ground factor and there seasoned bodies.Age and inexperience not lack of talent is the issue when u compare the sides.Hope Giants come really switched on as we could be a slight chance.This would be Freos weakest side for the year.They were lucky to beat Tigers:eek:-Houli) and havnt been playing great

Agreed that it wasn't Zac's best game but he has had a month of good ones and I think its pretty harsh to drop him on the back of 1 bad one. He should of earnt some credits in my view, another poor one and he would be under pressure to keep his spot, think its important to show some faith at this stage, confidence is the key.

For whats is worth guys, I reckon you're a significantly more talented outfit than this purple bag of pretenders.
They're well oiled machine, I'll give them that, but in terms of talent alone they're a middle of the road team at best.

With Fyfe, Bala and Johnson now all out and potentially more to be rested this game surely evens up a touch despite the awful record GWS holds in the west. Freo have absolutely no depth so the players they replace them with are very, very mediocre.

The midfields for mine now break even.
The GWS fwd line is significantly better and should pose many problems to an undersized and decimated Freo back line.
Backlines seemingly break even.

Hoping GWS show a lot more this time in perth, winning this certainly isn't out of the realms of possibility

How'd you guys go against GWS then?

Smashed them I suppose.

How'd you guys go against GWS then?

Smashed them I suppose.
No lost by 10 points I think it was. They played with a lot of vigour, it was quite impressive really. Unlike the gutless display from your mob.

They have a good, talented list. Logic says if we can beat you by a lazy 80 points and they can beat us, then they're every chance against an average fremantle line up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back