Preview Round 18: West Coast Eagles V Richmond @ Patersons Stadium 25/07/2014 - 6:40 PM AWST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thomas clearly deserves his spot in the side above McDonough, Arnott, Helbig and the rest. If Dimma is going to make wholesale changes to the list at the end of the season, then yeah, OK, play the young players. That's just what you do in that situation. However, Hardwick said this week that there will be no drastic changes to the list whatsoever. This is pretty much the list going forward. That is why he is not playing kids willy nilly.

Thomas has done more than the others to earn a recall, and Gordon is no different. The players are playing to win, they want to get back to their winning ways. The team wants to keep building and actually play some decent footy in the last few rounds of the season. It's not about giving games to youngsters just because the season is shot.

Isn't that one of the reason's why we have a Richmond VFL side now? To improve the development program of our youngsters? The young players missing out on a senior spot are in a much better position than what they were in previous years at Coburg anyway.
Thomas hasn't done anything to earn a recall - he hasn't played since his last god-awful AFL game.

Maybe he does, but the amount of times he's been caught utterly unaware thinking he can just take a stroll in the park is annoying. Plus he hospital handballs often.

He's not alone there this year though is he? I've been at games where I've shook my head wondering what the gameplan was when watching the likes of Deledio and Shane Edwards handball to a flat footed player with someone on them. I put that down to whatever the gameplan was earlier in the year... Now that we've gone back to a style similar to last year I personally reckon that he'll be a valuable member of the team. Time will tell...

Just posted this on the Eagles board. Good luck tonight, hopefull no injuries. Interested in any thoughts on matchups, as I´ve probably got a bit wrong, especially for you guys.

My attempt at the match-ups:

FB Schofield Mackenzie Hurn
FF Edwards Riewoldt Lloyd

HB Ellis Brown Sheppard
HF Martin Vickery Deledio

C Masten Hutchings Gaff
C Foley Cotchin Ellis

HF Smith McGovern Darling
HB Houli Chaplin Grimes

FF McGinnity Kennedy LeCras
FB Newman Rance Batchelor

R Naitanui Priddis Shuey
R Maric Miles Conca

INT Butler Sheed Cox
INT Morris Vlaustin Thomas

S Tunbridge
S Gordon

The highlighted are the key concerns for each team IMO.

Im putting down a bet that Thomas will be subbed at ht for gordan ... Can only hope ....
You can only hope that one of our players plays so poorly that he's subbed at half time!! Why not hope he plays a blinder and helps the Tigers to a good win!

Just posted this on the Eagles board. Good luck tonight, hopefull no injuries. Interested in any thoughts on matchups, as I´ve probably got a bit wrong, especially for you guys.

My attempt at the match-ups:

FB Schofield Mackenzie Hurn
FF Edwards Riewoldt Lloyd

HB Ellis Brown Sheppard
HF Martin Vickery Deledio

C Masten Hutchings Gaff
C Foley Cotchin Ellis

HF Smith McGovern Darling
HB Houli Chaplin Grimes

FF McGinnity Kennedy LeCras
FB Newman Rance Batchelor

R Naitanui Priddis Shuey
R Maric Miles Conca

INT Butler Sheed Cox
INT Morris Vlaustin Thomas

S Tunbridge
S Gordon

The highlighted are the key concerns for each team IMO.

Not a bad attempt, i rekon Batchelor will take Darling and Grimes will take LeCras when hes forward

I can't underestimate the sentimental Dean Cox retirement effort. Clubs so often get up for these, I do not see us winning in WA with their whole team hell bent on doing it for Dean.
And you may be right, we may not win and if we do it will be a good effort. Really hope, and expect, that we give it all we've got, can't ask for more than that.
Go Tiges!!!!

And you may be right, we may not win and if we do it will be a good effort. Really hope, and expect, that we give it all we've got, can't ask for more than that.
Go Tiges!!!!
No doubt, over there we were probably underdogs before the Cox news anyway, so any good result would be a great effort, I just hope to see continued improvement and would love to see Lloyd do well again. Rance beating Kennedy would be another good scalp too.

I can't underestimate the sentimental Dean Cox retirement effort. Clubs so often get up for these, I do not see us winning in WA with their whole team hell bent on doing it for Dean.
They don't have a midfield, if our defense plays well then we'll coast it in ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would of thought that would be in round 22 against Melbourne in what will be Dean Cox's last game in perth, he's not retiring in this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back