Autopsy Round 2 - 3 Things you Learnt vs Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

1. Tippett in ruck makes our midfield so much better.
2. Heeney is going to be seriously good.
3. We can hit targets on rebound or turnover only.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lloyd is a gun - Was so clever, always moving into open space. Got ignored a lot too.
Goodes for sub from now on
Agreed. Leave Rohan in the forward line
Towers is solid. couple goals, good pressure
Hanners is the key
Mcveigh is underrated on this board. Slotted back in, right on point.
Heeney is a future star
EDIT: Port love to duck

1- a lot can change in our week
2- mcveigh doesnt need reserves he can make an instant impact
3- reid is better back but was it more he was out of the way of the forwards? Still needs work
4 parker was not right
5 jetta plays to about 50% of his capabilities
6 smith rampe grundy are pillars of our defence with ted as support still not sold on shaw
7 goodes should look in the mirror and consider wether he retires next week
8 henney heeney heeney

1. Rampe is our messiah.
2. Heeney is superb. Looks to have played at least 50 games.
3. That wasnt even the best I have seen them play. Imagine us at 100%?

1. Rampe has gone to another level
2. Kills me to say it but Goodes out made us heaps better structurally.
3. Suck eggs commentators, started the Port cheering an hour before the game then reluctantly started giving the boys due credit once it sunk in that we are #$%@(@&% awesome.
4. Reid will get there as a defender, someone needs to get him on the angry pills just before the start of the game.
5. Bird was fantastic.
6. Hanners 1 Cornes 3000000
7. If Wingard kicked that Buddy goal they would still be showing the replay and crapping on about how good he is.
8. When we win the clearances we will NEVER EVER EVER get beaten again.

Jack is back. was awesome through the middle, got the ball moving forward. Kept attacking and managed to kick a goal
Heeney & Lloyd = the future. seeing them combine for a goal was good to see. Both are classy players, both have great composure. Heeney has an allround game, and LLoyd is cool under pressure, takes the time to size up his options and makes the right decision more often than not.
The calls to drop Shaw were premature. He's doing a great job and didn't look off the pace at all today.
I thought Macca was quite rusty but worked his way into the game
Jetts was great early and got back to his 2012 best at times
Hanners was amazing, also back to his best today. He really drives us forward when he's on. really important player for us.

1. We look even better than last year
2. Our best is miles ahead of the next best
3. Super balanced team now
Um, Hawthorn?

1. Not really something learnt but the difference between our best and worst is staggering. And that's why the GF and the first three quarters last week are so incredibly frustrating when we know they can produce this kind of performance
2. Rohan's better up front where he's got more license to run without worrying about an opponent
3. Again, something not really learnt but Buddy is a fantastic team player - way beyond what he's credited for. Fast becoming when of my favourite players (and not because of his goal kicking). Worth mentioning Tippett as well in that regard.

1. Supporters ready to call time on a career - April experts
2. Rohan's pressure was key in a lot of moments super impressed when he brings that game. Shame the quarter started before Lingy could highlight the second effort that went unrewarded.
3. Pyke potentially a liability with the slow hospital handball. However he learnt quickly that Ryders ruck style is jump early and use his knees to prevent the other ruck getting any lift. Thought he combatted that well.

Apropros of anything else Ken Hinkley is an incredibly impressive man.

When you juxtapose his pressers against some of the other crap you hear you can see why Port rate him so highly and you have to wonder how the system could have kept him as an assistant for so long.

1. You can tell from the first passage of play if our pressure and tackling game is on.
2. We shouldn't pigeonhole any of our players into positions. We have a versatile bunch, capable of playing different roles as required by Horse.
3. Heeney. That is all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1. My man Reid played well (except losing the bet)
2. Jetta is back!!!!!!!!
3. When our insides do the work we don't need a 3rd.
4. Goodes was ordinary again. He surely has to be the one out for McGlynn.
5. People rave about their attack but Buddy's defence for a forward is the best in the league.
6. Port dive around like 7 year olds worse than Joel Selwood!

1. If we can bring this for the next 24 weeks, life will be peachy.
2. Rampe is amazeballs, if only AJ was playing.
3. Jetta showed something tonight. I think he will be epic this year

Goodes played an eighth of the game, got six touches looked shabby but the calls for him to be dropped are premature.

Its worthy of discussion based on his recent form

1. Rumours of Ted's decline are exaggerated

2. Kennedy is still our most important midfielder

3. Rohan has a tendency to stuff up the simple things at times but makes up for it with his second efforts. Still see him as a tall wingman but I prefer him forward to back

Its worthy of discussion based on his recent form

Absolutely worthy of discussion but his form is the total of one game. NAB cup counts for very little. Certainly looks to be moving better than last year regarding his knee where he couldn't kick 40+. Extremely difficult tonight to come on when the team is on top and to make an impact, if anything it seemed like he was trying too hard to get into the game, his own standards probably causing pressure. When it's one of the biggest names in Swans history surely he gets a chance from supporters. If the coaches make the call fair enough but after 3/4 of a game in the wet and a 1/4 tonight calling time on his career does seem premature like the other chap suggested. Think it might be a bit of management or Longmire trying a few things which is positive

Absolutely worthy of discussion but his form is the total of one game. NAB cup counts for very little. Certainly looks to be moving better than last year regarding his knee where he couldn't kick 40+. Extremely difficult tonight to come on when the team is on top and to make an impact, if anything it seemed like he was trying too hard to get into the game, his own standards probably causing pressure. When it's one of the biggest names in Swans history surely he gets a chance from supporters. If the coaches make the call fair enough but after 3/4 of a game in the wet and a 1/4 tonight calling time on his career does seem premature like the other chap suggested. Think it might be a bit of management or Longmire trying a few things which is positive

I think he was average last year, yes he lifted for finals but there were concerns

He had moments in the nab, started well v gws, but started well last week, but he seems to struggle on defence still

But he was on a hiding to nothing in a way tonight anyway and i wouldnt make any changes for next week probably.

But he needs to stop playing for bloody frees and needs to be able to chase and put pressure on

Which he hasnt done since 2013

We have a year and a bit to look at
Geez you're going early this week.
Enjoy the win a little more. Goodes' performance tonight was neither here nor there, the team looked better without him starting.
But when he finds form he will be huge asset for us. He has to play 2's to get some form.

Geez you're going early this week.
Enjoy the win a little more. Goodes' performance tonight was neither here nor there, the team looked better without him starting.
But when he finds form he will be huge asset for us. He has to play 2's to get some form.

I loved the win, i didnt say drop him, i just said his future is worth consideration

I suspect the club feels the same

They will want to bring mcglynn in

Remove this Banner Ad

Back