Round 2 Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's it. But how long will it last? Gawn although expensive is still the 13th highest scoring player so far and won't drop much in price.

Can Nank and Witts go 90+ all year? That's the big question.
Answer no but they are stepping stone.

Every year SC serve up a line or two that are lacking. Rucks seemed obvious.

This year it suggested go heavy in the mids.

Answer no but they are stepping stone.

Every year SC serve up a line or two that are lacking. Rucks seemed obvious.

This year it suggested go heavy in the mids.
Yeah I went heavy in the mids. Beams is my M7.

Still started with Gawn though. Good luck getting him in mate if he actually starts firing out those 170's

Yeah I went heavy in the mids. Beams is my M7.

Still started with Gawn though. Good luck getting him in mate if he actually starts firing out those 170's
Cash cows though.

A combo of Nank (sole ruck) nice JLT, Witts ( Rocket loves him, he was number one ruck going into the season, fat Nicholls) & Sandi (if he lasts for a nice price wise) or he breaks down. It's cash & points or at worst a bit of sideways trading.

Rookies looked like s**t, you had to do some thing diff.

Seems all the teams who went cheap in the ruck are killing it ATM.

If Nank and Witts keep it up we're doomed :D

Im 633 overall atm and started with Gawn. Big dilema for the week is how to get WHE - seems like I haven't missed any of the other must have rookies.

Attachments

• 149114394081063088042.png
    149114394081063088042.png
    299.8 KB · Views: 11
  • Screenshot_20170402-193744.png
    Screenshot_20170402-193744.png
    320.8 KB · Views: 9
That's it. But how long will it last? Gawn although expensive is still the 13th highest scoring player so far and won't drop much in price.

Can Nank and Witts go 90+ all year? That's the big question.

Nankervis is a keeper but in the forwards not ruck.

Witts and Sandilands are stepping stones for me to upgrade to Gawn and Grundy or maybe Goldstein.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

6136c7709a6b87021270869597c059d5.jpg

This year can GAGF already

Would it be worth trading Roughead or O'Meara down to Hoskin-Elliot to grab some cash and jump on a guy with a -87 breakeven?

I'm in the same dilemma and going Roughy. Still struggling with the idea of going JOM > Murphy. Higher ceiling and more favorable scoring history of 100+ average across multiple years.

Cash cows though.

A combo of Nank (sole ruck) nice JLT, Witts ( Rocket loves him, he was number one ruck going into the season, fat Nicholls) & Sandi (if he lasts for a nice price wise) or he breaks down. It's cash & points or at worst a bit of sideways trading.

Rookies looked like s**t, you had to do some thing diff.
I started Gawndilands with a Witts bench . After Nroo went down Nank came in to fill a void.
Thought all along that R3 had to produce money this year as other positions are not going to produce much.
Really get the feeling that a lot of teams are going to run out of cash generation at some point and full premo will become unrealistic for many.

Finished on 2167, sitting at 50480. Two weeks outside the top 50k hurts my fragile ego.:(

Laird, Tuohy, Steele, Hannebury, Sandilands and Ryder were all disappointing. Surprised I scored as high as what I did given this lot. Got to stick with Hanners and hope he turns it around. He looks terrible though.

Docherty, the Geelong boys, Fyfe, Beams and Gawn all justifying their selections. Higgins delivering in spades, happy I rolled the dice, at least until he fractures his skull combing his pretty hair.

Thoughts for this week...
...to Nank or not to Nank? To WHE or not to WHE?

Ryder and Roughead the 2 who could be in the gun. Will certainly be tempting, especially as it would leave me with 205k in the bank. Delicious

I started Gawndilands with a Witts bench . After Nroo went down Nank came in to fill a void.
Thought all along that R3 had to produce money this year as other positions are not going to produce much.
Really get the feeling that a lot of teams are going to run out of cash generation at some point and full premo will become unrealistic for many.
I originally had Witts at R3 but eventually went with preuss, which looks like paying off. However, this week I've moved nank forward to bring in Witts anyway as he is scoring okay and going to make a heap of money if he can keep it going. I agree with you. Looks like cash generation is going to be a real issue this year. Could be more sideways trading this year than ever before.

Slipped from 2000 to 20,000. Oh well....there's still that mathematical chance of a top 10 finish.
Just a lazy 300 from a POD Captain to get back in amongst it. Might go with Otten(c)

Ranking doesn't matter too much at this stage. Last year I was 54000th after round 1, 33000th after round 2 and spent the entire last 2/3s of the season in the top 100.

This year started with a disastrous 70000th last week, come in to a respectable 20000th this week, no reason to think I'm not on track for a great year!

Get on the right rookies, don't torch trades, and surge through the byes with canny trading.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back