• Brodie Smith

• Elliott Himmelberg

• Patrick Parnell

• Lachlan Sholl

• Tom Doedee

• Reilly O'Brien

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyway, stopped it right on a good frame, this was adjudicated no front on contact.
Yep. Then the commentators say "great spoil avoiding front on contact" lol. Morons.

As for the crows , I think we look good when we go the handballs and play on through the middle and take the game on, but for some reason we can't do it for 4 quarters. If I was being optimistic I would say it's because we have 4 players with over 200 games and the rest haven't even played a hundred, if the stat they said over the weekend is accurate. Hopefully this is just a preview of what's to come when we are more mature and can play 4 quarters.

If I was being pessimistic I would say Nick's doesn't have a game plan and we get forced into chipping the ball around way to much and forced to play the opposition's gameplan.

I don't know which one is accurate, only time will tell, but all in all it's been a shitty start to the season.

And how much of those patches was entirely of our doing, and not the opposition switching off?
Once GWS woke up we got demolished in R1.
When the game was on the line we were down by 45 at HT today.
That’s a pretty unfair interpretation. So when we’re playing well, the opposition are just switched off. When the opposition are playing well, we’re just s**t?

With the exception of the 3rd quarter, just about every other Crows goal was answered by an immediate Richmond centre clearance, target hit and goal.

Our midfield doesn't know how to assert a momentary ascendancy and our backline are in full panic mode when ball come in quickly when numbers are even.

While I'm at it, this was adjudicated no hold (happens fraction of a second earlier), no chopping of the arms and no high contact in the marking contest

View attachment 1640884
The amount of chopping the arms Richmond got away with made me think the rule doesn't exist anymore.

Just re watching the game trying to pick up on the errors we were making, especially in light of Nicks comment in the presser that we were trying too much and over doing things and that was what was costing us. Anyway, as an aside, I did wonder about the potential front on contact against rankine in the third straight in front of goal during the game and thought it was a bit rough not to be given to us, but then again there were several poor decisions we werent given earlier too, so no surprise.

Anyway, stopped it right on a good frame, this was adjudicated no front on contact.

View attachment 1640845
There was a worse one. Last quarter, Marlion hit Himmelberg with a front on bump to his head. The ball spilt and Richmond got a goal out of it.
Himmelberg was pissed and went stright up to challenge Pickett about it. See if you can get a shot of that one.
Of course the umpire saw nothing.

Just on the umpires - how much of a prick is that little twat Chamberlain. When we got to 1 point in it, he couldn't wait to pay a free kick in the centre square. Couldn't blow his whistle fast enough.

There was a worse one. Last quarter, Marlion hit Himmelberg with a front on bump to his head. The ball spilt and Richmond got a goal out of it.
Himmelberg was pissed and went stright up to challenge Pickett about it. See if you can get a shot of that one.
Of course the umpire saw nothing.

Just on the umpires - how much of a prick is that little twat Chamberlain. When we got to 1 point in it, he couldn't wait to pay a free kick in the centre square. Couldn't blow his whistle fast enough.
Yea, that one was plain as day. Freaking had his head over the ball and got hit front on and umps let it go.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What??
"We" don't do what here any more, please?

I was replying to John Who, who had commented:
"I might be wrong on this, but I think McLeod started out as a forward and later was shifted to the midfield ".
Sarcasm my friend… Nicks doesn’t make changes like the ones Blight pulled. In fact he really doesn’t make changes.

With the exception of the 3rd quarter, just about every other Crows goal was answered by an immediate Richmond centre clearance, target hit and goal.

Our midfield doesn't know how to assert a momentary ascendancy and our backline are in full panic mode when ball come in quickly when numbers are even.
I think this is the crux of the problem

And I'm not blaming the youngsters in there but there is a disconnect somewhere.

Coaching or leadership to recognize a pivot point.

I think this is the crux of the problem

And I'm not blaming the youngsters in there but there is a disconnect somewhere.

Coaching or leadership to recognize a pivot point.
Just for those asking ' what would you do'

Instruct the ruck after the 3rd goal to punch the ball out of the area. No dropsies. Don't allow their midfield to get their hands on it.

Yes we need someone good enough to do that but that's the 1st instruction

2nd instruction is for the fastest winger to run into defense at the bounce.

Then there are players forward in set positions so if we manage a blind kick it is aimed at these pre-determined areas.

Just some small things but at least we have a plan

Just for those asking ' what would you do'

Instruct the ruck after the 3rd goal to punch the ball out of the area. No dropsies. Don't allow their midfield to get their hands on it.

Yes we need someone good enough to do that but that's the 1st instruction

2nd instruction is for the fastest winger to run into defense at the bounce.

Then there are players forward in set positions so if we manage a blind kick it is aimed at these pre-determined areas.

Just some small things but at least we have a plan
With the good teams Burgoyne or Hodge or Selwood just gets the clearance

They stop the opposition's momentum just by being good themselves

We don't have players who can stamp themselves on a game at a key moment, at the centre square coal face anyway.

With the good teams Burgoyne or Hodge or Selwood just gets the clearance

They stop the opposition's momentum just by being good themselves

We don't have players who can stamp themselves on a game at a key moment, at the centre square coal face anyway.
Well Laird is elite

Or so Ive been told

The midfield needs improvement but we leak easy goals more than any club in the league. We need to fight a lot harder than we are to keep goals out. Doedee and Smith have been two of the most disappointing.

1) Instruct the ruck after the 3rd goal to punch the ball out of the area. No dropsies. Don't allow their midfield to get their hands on it. Yes we need someone good enough to do that but that's the 1st instruction
2) 2nd instruction is for the fastest winger to run into defense at the bounce.
Both are great suggestions!
1) maybe try to punch to one of the forward corners of the 50m square provided both wingmen are awake and in on the plan?
2) another great idea, but I'd want that wingman to be Dawson, not Sloane (too slow) or Sholl (too small).

When Nicks is sacked mid-season, please apply for the job. :thumbsu:

Both are great suggestions!
1) maybe try to punch to one of the forward corners of the 50m square provided both wingmen are awake and in on the plan?
2) another great idea, but I'd want that wingman to be Dawson, not Sloane (too slow) or Sholl (too small).

When Nicks is sacked mid-season, please apply for the job. :thumbsu:
Which is why I said ' fastest'

If the wingers arent awake then thats a failure of the coaching staff. Its why its the 3rd goal in a row. Everybody should know the plan is live

Just hypothetically imagine if we had taranto and hopper in our midfield yesterday...richmond see they need new mids and just go out and grab 2 topliners in the one trade period
To get those two we’d have had to trade four first rounders, blow our salary cap, AFL media would be screaming how did we manage to do that and we’d end up get done by the AFL for draft tampering or some other bs.

We don’t get to play by the same rules that the big Vic teams do.

Back