Autopsy Round 21 vs Adelaide - Roast, Toast and Changes

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure if it's been mentioned or not, but cotchins beautiful masterpiece of a goal (still have a boner) was only possible because of a brilliant block by lids that got cotch free from Douglas. And after the goal cotch went looking for lids to say thanks. I love richmond. What a club.
yes lids is brilliant at this, rather than scrap with his tight checking opponent... he will bring it on himself to read the play and make a beeline for cotchins opponent and clear a path for cotchy, often does this when hes been scragged by parasites like croowley and picken. almost the complete player now is lids.

I guess what I'm saying is that from the contests we were shown in the telecast (presumably all of them), I didn't see Morris win many. It is possible for a forward to have a quiet night simply because:
  • was playing a decoy role;
  • didn't get much supply;
  • was having an off night;
  • was competing with Tex, Pod, Jenkins, Cameron for opportunities.
I'm happy to pump up Morris' tyres when he plays well (thought he had some good games early in the season) but I didn't see this as a great effort from him. Happy to look at individual examples of Morris beating Betts in a contest though if you can point to them!
not sure what your one about mate spesh with the decoy bit but morris didnt try anything flash, just stuck with eddie and barely gave him a sniff.

Thoughts of bringing Hampson or big o in I would like to have maric as the sub or to sub him off at half time needs a rest imo. Other then that in conca out Lennon. Set grigg up to tag montagna or Steven and tag one of the Sydney mids. He did well tagging last night

not sure what your one about mate spesh with the decoy bit but morris didnt try anything flash, just stuck with eddie and barely gave him a sniff.

Sometimes a team's game plan or coach instruction involves a "decoy" forward presenting leads in order to draw attention away from the actual target of forward thrusts. This clears out the forward 50 for the actual target. That is what is meant by "playing a decoy role".

Anyway, if you can point out three examples of where Morris actually beat Betts in a contest throughout the game I will concede that he had a good game. But so far nobody has :|

Sometimes a team's game plan or coach instruction involves a "decoy" forward presenting leads in order to draw attention away from the actual target of forward thrusts. This clears out the forward 50 for the actual target. That is what is meant by "playing a decoy role".

Anyway, if you can point out three examples of where Morris actually beat Betts in a contest throughout the game I will concede that he had a good game. But so far nobody has :|
coupla things, betts is no decoy... so no brainer there, betts kicked 2 goals so he beat morris twice for sure other than that morris didnt give away any frees but earnt 3, and had the ball more times possession wise than eddie, and forget this one on one or contested crap, eddie didnt even take a mark, eddie tries to lose defenders in heavy traffic so morris stuck with him well and ran off him a few times. morris gave eddie a little touch up. :p

Yeah I think after last weeks game where Dimma gave him a look of sadness the defensive coaches did some work on him during the week and stripped him back to the basics
Wasn't going around like a bull in a china shop
Betts spent the first three quarters trying to play for soft free kicks,but Morris outsmarted him and got 3 himself

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Crows could say the same about Newman
He will be on our list next year, I'm tipping he will be squeezed out of the side by mid season. However it's his leadership which is invaluable to us

OMFG!

I had us done.

That mark by Chappy, that snap by Gordo and that Dusty Magic.

I AM A BELIEVER!

What about Griff floating back taking a mark then defending when the ball came back in. I loved that from the big guy too...starting the chain that I think finished with Dusty's goal (correct me if I'm wrong ?)

What about Griff floating back taking a mark then defending when the ball came back in. I loved that from the big guy too...starting the chain that I think finished with Dusty's goal (correct me if I'm wrong ?)
Yep. Also had the long bomb in that led to Gordon's goal.

after watching again, edwards really is our best at creating overlap run. Its insane how good he is at drawing 2-3 blokes in at him then dishing off over the top to a runner
Possibly the best game I've seen him play. Hit the scoreboard, was clean, provided run; brilliant.

yes lids is brilliant at this, rather than scrap with his tight checking opponent... he will bring it on himself to read the play and make a beeline for cotchins opponent and clear a path for cotchy, often does this when hes been scragged by parasites like croowley and picken. almost the complete player now is lids.
i really want for us to play finals because of the obvious and so players like lids and cotch will be rated even more highly

Remove this Banner Ad

Back