Preview Round 22 – GWS Giants vs West Coast Eagles, Saturday 18th August, 4.35pm, Spotless Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Last home game for the year and a chance to lock in a top 4 finish. Guessing with the Bledisloe cup game there'll be direct trains to the city after the game at least. Just a sea of people going the other way as for last time this happened.

We need to get the inside 50 entries right against their defence, and a good day for running goals from Lachie, Sculls and Devon. Tipping Devon to have a day out.

Best way to defend Kennedy and Darling is to leave them cold and lonely at the wrong end of the ground.

Get it done guys

#theresagiantinallofus

No grievances at all against the clubs. Nor was it a jibe at other posters on here (not sure who is and isn't associated with whatever junior club). Can I assume you are with one of them?

I've worked with both and they are both very good clubs. They actually worked together last weekend to provide one of the most touching experiences I have ever witnessed in all my years involved in footy when the u17s sides came together to play for a cup in memory of one of the young Glenmore Park players (and raised a bit of money for a youth mental health charity in the process). Quite a number of good GWS academy boys running around in that game too.

But back to the thread topic ... this wind is looking pretty persistent - could play a little bit of havoc in this game.

Hi guys. Got free tickets to the game today for my first game at Spotless. Driving up from Wollongong. What is parking like?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought our last home game was in Sydney, not bloody Canberra. Blowing a gale and freezing.
:pOn a scale of 1 to Manuka I give it a five. Was worried I'd got the day wrong because it wasn't cold enough. Then I got up in the stand in the wind and I realised my error.

Yeah some people talking about 60pts win :huh: been seeing something different in our form than me
I know its only qtr time and there is plenty to go but i think we are so far off Adelaide and Sydney its not funny

Thing im noticing though is exactly what we thought might happen. And that is McGovern and the defence brigade are walking it out of there too easy.

The inside 50 count is massively scewed in our direction but not scoring

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

10-3 free kick count. And 1 of the 3 was a mark anyway. Took the mark stat off Lids and made their free kick count less appalling (only just)

I would be demanding number 17 never officiate a giants game ever again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back