Round 23 Announced

Remove this Banner Ad

It should do if Essendon need to win to make the finals, both sets of fans would show up for that.

If the Bombers are locked in it's a dead rubber and 55k max.

Could be Judd's last game which would boost numbers considerably. If so, the bean counters at Carlton would like Judd to make his announcement prior to the game, that's for sure.

Another f%^&ing Sunday Twilight game for the Dogs.. I know we're at the bottom of the ladder but for god sake!! No one likes that shithouse timeslot and none deserves to constantly be playing at that time. You can't take kids to it, sponsors get no exposure - and guess what... it rounds out the last 5 rounds where the Dogs have the pleasure of playing in 4 Sunday Twilight slots.
F#$king C%^^ts the AFL - I hate you

To all other club supporters - how would you feel if your club was made to play 85% of your games in the Sunday Graveyard shift? Welcome to the life of a Dogs supporter. We are never on Free-To-Air TV either. I reckon we've had about 4 games this year on FTA.

ARRRRGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seems about right, Collingwood v Hawthorn was always going to be the Friday night game with Hawthorn a definite finalist and Collingwood a huge crowd draw, only other option was Fremantle v Port Adelaide IMO but neither of those teams would draw as high a crowd so that game is shunted onto Saturday. The other Saturday games all feature at least one team that is likely to make the finals (Essendon, Sydney, North and Geelong). Unfortunately for possible finalists Gold Coast and Adelaide, they get to possibly go into finals on a short break playing on Sunday but with neither of them locks in the 8 at this stage it makes the most sense to have them be the lowest priority. Western Bulldogs v GWS was always going to get the terrible Sunday twilight slot since neither are in finals contention.

Another f%^&ing Sunday Twilight game for the Dogs.. I know we're at the bottom of the ladder but for god sake!! No one likes that shithouse timeslot and none deserves to constantly be playing at that time. You can't take kids to it, sponsors get no exposure - and guess what... it rounds out the last 5 rounds where the Dogs have the pleasure of playing in 4 Sunday Twilight slots.

To all other club supporters - how would you feel if your club was made to play 85% of your games in the Sunday Graveyard shift? Welcome to the life of a Dogs supporter. We are never on Free-To-Air TV either. I reckon we've had about 4 games this year on FTA.

Quit your complaining.
Rather Sunday Twilight than Saturday Afternoon.
Can never go due to local football and/or work.

Takes 2 hours to get home...pass.
That's it?
Sheesh.

Typical AFL looking after the Pies and Hawks and burying the ladder leaders on Saturday twilight. That was probably worked out over a cheeky port at Gil's dinner.

Typical AFL looking after the Pies and Hawks and burying the ladder leaders on Saturday twilight. That was probably worked out over a cheeky port at Gil's dinner.

You play on Sunday in round 22. Did you want a 5 day break?

Saying you'd rather Sunday Twilight over a Saturday afternoon game is like saying you'd rather a turd sandwich over a steak sandwich.
Saturday afternoon is a terrible time slot

Lol if you were playing a finals side you wouldnt haev that timeslot.
Its really your fault for being crap. If you were in the finals hunt you wouldnt have a game then.

How do you think crows fans feel? We're right in the hunt and get a sunday afternoon game. Luckily its at home.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hands down the best time slot.
If you don't play or aren't involved in your local footy club then sure.

For the hundred of thousands (purely guessing number) of us that do/are it sucks.

No doubt the Dogs have been shafted when it comes to timeslots this year, but when it comes to the floating round, the last few timeslots need to go to matches involving teams not in contention for finals spots (to as great a degree as is feasible), and Bulldogs v Melbourne is the game that fits the bill for that. Complain all you like about the timeslots in the other rounds - it's a fair criticism, in my view - but it makes sense to put this game in the Sunday twilight slot.

No doubt the Dogs have been shafted when it comes to timeslots this year, but when it comes to the floating round, the last few timeslots need to go to matches involving teams not in contention for finals spots (to as great a degree as is feasible), and Bulldogs v Melbourne is the game that fits the bill for that. Complain all you like about the timeslots in the other rounds - it's a fair criticism, in my view - but it makes sense to put this game in the Sunday twilight slot.
Melbourne play on Saturday......

North v Melbourne got that timeslot, last H&A game of the season, a few years ago when neither was in contention but both were thought to be up and coming. It was a cracking game that everyone who saw it enjoyed a lot. Wouldn't be surprised of Dogs v Giants went the same way.

I'm hoping for this type of game, both sides up and coming and throwing everything at the other as it's the last game of the season. I for one will be going, might need to see if I can get the Monday off work......

The endless Sunday afternoon games are getting tiring though. Come on afl, just one Fri night game next year would be good :)

Why don't they run a Thursday night game to clear the schedule a bit for Sat/Sun?

Typical AFL looking after the Pies and Hawks
nicolascageconfusedemotions.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back