Preview Round 23: Sydney Swans V Richmond Tigers @ ANZ Stadium 30/08/2014 - 4:40 PM AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Listening to Dimma's press conference, he states how risks need to be taken in regards to team selection particularly the inclusion of Vickery. Above there was a mention of Vickery to be included this week which Chaplin stated on SEN. Personally, I don't see it working. Lack of forward pressure from playing to tall will kill us. Only change I will make would be Lennon for Martin.

Would love to see us line up like this;

B Chris Newman, Alex Rance, Dylan Grimes
HB Bachar Houli, Troy Chaplin, Steven Morris
C Brandon Ellis, Trent Cotchin, Shaun Grigg

HF Nathan Gordon, Ben Griffiths, Brett Deledio
F Shane Edwards, Jack Riewoldt, Ricky Petterd
FOL Ivan Maric, Anthony Miles, Dustin Martin
I/C Nathan Foley, Jake Batchelor, Reece Conca

SUB: Nick Vlastuin

Key Match Ups

Rance VS Franklin

Obviously the most talked about match-up leading into the game. Really matches up well on Franklin, felt he got the better of Franklin last time although he still finished with 4 goals albeit from free-kicks. Really competes well so Franklin will be in for a long day.

Chaplin VS Tippet

Everyone seems to be losing their s**t over this match-up but I’m willing to back Chappy here. Is playing into his 2013 form and what he lacks in strength against the giants he makes up for in smarts. I really rate Tippet’s athletic ability but will back Chappy in a contest. Hopefully Batchlelor or Grimes can provide a third man up in contests.

Riewoldt VS Richards

Richards can not only beat his man, he can also control the defence. Whether we rely on Jack to take the chocolates or play a team role. Jack has had an up and down year and we all know Jack is at his best when he is running and jumping at the ball. If he tries and engages in a wrestle I think Richards will have him covered.

Morris VS Jetta

Don’t think this Match-up will happen but with McGlynn not likely to play would love to see Morris given this role. Morris was really down on form this year and needs to go back to his role of beating his opponent. A role like this would see Morris thrive and I don’t see Jetta coping well with the attention.

So many other match-ups are likely to occur eg. Grigg a run-with role, also maybe Petterd to run with Kennedy again. Grimes would most likely match up on Goodes. Would love to see Deledio go to Malceski, give him something to worry about.

ummm.....cant confirm it but mail doing the rounds that Tippet wont front for this game
Now this is the kind of rumor you should spread.

Bumped into jack and Grigg today. Jack just loves tiger fans and when I told him I'm a 20 year member he just lit up( and the fact I know a mentor of his), and just said wished him and the boys good luck. He did ask where I will be watching the game as he mentioned kel Moores' as a possible destination.

I wouldn't think Vickery would play unless Martin can't. We need that extra forward target.

both-jpg.30745

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Griff and Vicks can play together this week, play Griff further out and let him roam giving us a long option as Sydney wont let us run the ball through the middle as much.
I Liked what Dimma said in the dissection regarding our sideways and backwards movement vs StKilda, said its been addressed and we will play more direct this week.
Agree...both should be in...Might have to use Ty or Griff and as floating down back at times maybe alternating to stem the influence of Kurt& Buddy...conversely they will be used as danger forwards along with Jack

Well it wasn't tanking in that tanking means trying to finish last. But they wanted us to finish 4th. Carlton beat them twice that year and would have finished 4th if we lost.

I think they named Alessio at CHF that day and played Lucas in the backline. It was a weird team. Then the very next week they went back to a normal setup and spanked us.

Maybe someone could ask Hardwick. He played in both games.

Don't remember Lucas playing back.... Wellman went to Richo and I can't remember who has Ottens. Fletcher didn't play. I think Lloyd kicked 4 or 5 to half time, so somebody forgot to tell him!

It could equally be argued that losing to us spurred them into action ;)

This is one game i would allow Morris to do his ninja potentially wrecking knees kamikaze style attack on the ball...as long as he does it far enough away from there goals.

And against opposition players only.....?

ummm.....cant confirm it but mail doing the rounds that Tippet wont front for this game

Can see this happening, he was subbed out last game. Seems we are managing him for finals.

this has been a great thread. positive and smart. i'd like to know thoughts on how we win. for me, 3 players are absolutely crucial in terms of winning their matchups: rance must show once more why he is the premier defender in the comp with his role on buddy, lids must continue his stellar run of form especially forward where I don't think Sydney have a matchup for him and ellis must work his tail off to be the link man between defence and attack

this has been a great thread. positive and smart. i'd like to know thoughts on how we win. for me, 3 players are absolutely crucial in terms of winning their matchups: rance must show once more why he is the premier defender in the comp with his role on buddy, lids must continue his stellar run of form especially forward where I don't think Sydney have a matchup for him and ellis must work his tail off to be the link man between defence and attack

Rekon you're spot on with those 3, i'd probably add Dusty too, we need him to be dangerous forward

Not much a mention of the importance Maric will play in this game... think he will be crucial. With the likeliness of repeat stoppages, Maric will be crucial to winning the battle...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back