Unofficial Preview Round 23 Sydney v Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORE IMPORTANTLY, IS THIS MAN EVEN HUMAN?

So much love!

Dan Menzel was amazing.

But if Parker comes back from a broken bone in that amount of time to contribute to a successful finals campaign, that would be right up there in AFL lore. If we somehow won the GF it would be one of those stories you tell your grand kids. :thumbsu:

No pressure. :$

Last edited:
Are we even bothering to call this a danger game or have the Suns already turned their minds to planning their Mad Monday celebrations? Given Gold Coast's already long injury list this could get ugly if the Swans click like they did against the Saints.

Are we even bothering to call this a danger game or have the Suns already turned their minds to planning their Mad Monday celebrations? Given Gold Coast's already long injury list this could get ugly if the Swans click like they did against the Saints.

My thoughts are if we don't take this opportunity to build on our form with another statement performance, or worse cough up a loss, there'll be a mushroom cloud emanating from my bay at the scg.

My thoughts are if we don't take this opportunity to build on our form with another statement performance, or worse cough up a loss, there'll be a mushroom cloud emanating from my bay at the scg.

Not just your bay...

Expecting the only change to be McGlynn in for Smith tonight. Longmire keeps mentioning Ben as a senior player who they want back in the side.

If indeed they want him back, surely they need to play him this week and see what he does. If he breaks down, that's that. If he nails it, he's back in. If he doesn't break down but struggles then he can be the one to make way for Smith against Freo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just breaking that North may rest 10 or 11 players against Richmond tomorrow night.

So we'd better not slip up against the Suns, because the Tigers might run up a cricket score.

Just breaking that North may rest 10 or 11 players against Richmond tomorrow night.

So we'd better not slip up against the Suns, because the Tigers might run up a cricket score.

This resting of players is a really bad look.

2 or 3...sure. But dumping half the list is a joke. Especially when the result directly affects the finals make-up and the finals standings of teams.

Freo has a special case in that it cannot improve its position, but North actually improve their chances by throwing a game. It's awful.

This resting of players is a really bad look.

2 or 3...sure. But dumping half the list is a joke. Especially when the result directly affects the finals make-up and the finals standings of teams.

Freo has a special case in that it cannot improve its position, but North actually improve their chances by throwing a game. It's awful.
Freo also can't lose their position and won't affect Port making or not making finals.

North are just ******* idiots.

Surprised there isn't already a "you can't drop x or more players week to week not including injuries" rule tbh

Perhaps, but he's always had a love/hate relationship with the media. Even in his Brownlow years he was criticised by many. The AOTY upped the ante. I don't imagine that's enough to stop him playing altogether. Goodes will always use whatever platform he has to promote his ideals. Right or wrong, good on him for wanting to make a better country.

How can that ever be wrong?

Who gives a s**t? North are in the finals and they can do what they want. It's not their responsibility to worry about Adelaide's ladder position.

It's just a matter of principle I guess.

I don't think it's fair to manipulate results by throwing games.

What if a gambler approached the team and offered them an inducement to throw a game during the year (no harm no foul right?). Rest a few players. Nudge nudge wink wink. Who cares, right?

Personally, if Richmond and Sydney were equal 8th (us 9th on percentage). And Richmond was both gifted a win and percentage and it kept us out of the finals I'd be disgusted.

It's just a matter of principle I guess.

I don't think it's fair to manipulate results by throwing games.

What if a gambler approached the team and offered them an inducement to throw a game during the year (no harm no foul right?). Rest a few players. Nudge nudge wink wink. Who cares, right?

Personally, if Richmond and Sydney were equal 8th (us 9th on percentage). And Richmond was both gifted a win and percentage and it kept us out of the finals I'd be disgusted.

It'd be our fault for relying on other results. Not whoever was playing Richmond who had earned themselves the luxury of being able to rest players. Touch s**t to us.

As it was tough s**t to the Crows last year, when we played Dean Towers in the ruck against Maric for a good portion of the rd23 game, might I add.

The match fixing analogy is completely inappropriate. There, a team is losing a game it should be expected to be competitive in. It's unfair to other gamblers (who are operating with imperfect information), and it's unfair to the club's supporters, who are expecting their team to put themselves in the best position possible at the end of the year.

Here, all the information is out in the open (so all ppl in the gambling market have the same info), and the club has already secured its spot in the finals, so if makes no difference to the supporters. Seriously, ask NM fans if they give a s**t. Most won't. Any objection will be a tactical one in term of its impact on finals ("you don't flirt with form"), not a sense of feeling betrayed by the club for not trying to win every game just because.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back