Jul 11, 2006
Chermside
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
See Below
02GCNM21MRP297361836.JPG

Thread going up early due to me being interstate for the next two weeks

A heartfelt thank you from myself and SUNS for sticking with us through the ups and downs this year (Thankfully more ups for a change)

Looking forward to 2023 already but lets take care of business and get ourselves a Round 23 win!

Cheers
BRM

Last edited:

It’s been a good week for me, heading out to Metricon to find out we had 20,000 members, great way to spend my Monday morning 🥱.

And then watching this tonight on the couch by myself because my wife and kids couldn’t be bothered after 11 years of watching the ☀️ be pathetic. They have not bought into the narrative that we have improved and it is difficult to try and convince them otherwise especially when you don’t believe it yourself.

I’m actually starting to hate football, it’s the only thing in my life it gets me angry, and I’ve tried to tell myself that it’s passion and the will to see football thrive in Queensland but the reality is I don’t think they deserve my passion or loyalty. I’m sure many on here will berate me for this and good luck to you but that’s the way I feel

We have won 1 of the last 5 games, when finals were in our grasp. Officially the worst loss of the year to a team that has been at the pointy end of the ladder our entire existence, culture v words

Massively important dead rubber game, can tie our best season ever with a win and will finish with around 100% percentage of we can pick it up.

North coming home with a wet sail and should almost be favourites with the likes of LDU hitting some serious form.

Massively important dead rubber game, can tie our best season ever with a win and will finish with around 100% percentage of we can pick it up.

North coming home with a wet sail and should almost be favourites with the likes of LDU hitting some serious form.
What a great season that we are hanging the term “best season” on a win against a rubbish team. Let’s all have a hug afterwards if it happens

Not a dig at you kreglze

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haha na I get it, tossing up whether I want to go to the AFL game next week, or go to the VFL instead and see those lads play for a finals spot.

Statistically it will be our best season if we win, however, there is a lot of improvement needed.

Haha na I get it, tossing up whether I want to go to the AFL game next week, or go to the VFL instead and see those lads play for a finals spot.

Statistically it will be our best season if we win, however, there is a lot of improvement needed.
I’m kind of the same, keen to see the reserves play finals football

I’m actually starting to hate football, it’s the only thing in my life it gets me angry, and I’ve tried to tell myself that it’s passion and the will to see football thrive in Queensland but the reality is I don’t think they deserve my passion or loyalty. I’m sure many on here will berate me for this and good luck to you but that’s the way I feel
I went and sat in the car at quarter time and waited for the boys.They left at half time.They really should follow a team like Sydney that always repays your support

I get so annoyed at their failings, and have done for the past 11 yrs, and not just the players, that because I have a high blood pressure problem, I take the easy way out and don't watch any of our games anymore......watch the highlights if we have a good win, but they're few and far between.
I know I know........but I'll still re-new my membership every year that I'm still able to.
Watched a great game tonight Melb v Carl, thoroughly enjoyed it and didn't care 2 hoots who got over the line, (but glad Carlton didn't).....but I can't do that with a Suns game.......so I'm better off not watching.... and the TV stays intact;)

I get so annoyed at their failings, and have done for the past 11 yrs, and not just the players, that because I have a high blood pressure problem, I take the easy way out and don't watch any of our games anymore......watch the highlights if we have a good win, but they're few and far between.
I know I know........but I'll still re-new my membership every year that I'm still able to.
Watched a great game tonight Melb v Carl, thoroughly enjoyed it and didn't care 2 hoots who got over the line, (but glad Carlton didn't).....but I can't do that with a Suns game.......so I'm better off not watching.... and the TV stays intact;)
I may have to do the same

I've done that this year. Watched replays or on delay. My mental health thanks me for it. It's not worth watching if you get angry and depressed after a bad game which in our case has been far too often. Also get a few hours back in my life every week not having to sit through that crap. My wife is certainly happier for it too.

Pretty simple with this one. Go and get the win so we can officially claim 2022 is our best season ever and we can carry that into next year. 10 wins and 3 losses by less than 10 points so we were very close considering 12 wins is going to qualify either the Dogs or Carlton for finals this year. It would also mean our record since the halfway point of the season will be 5 wins - 6 losses so that basically kills the second half of the season fadeout criticism. 5 wins - 6 losses before the bye and after the bye.

Just get the win, boys.

Pretty simple with this one. Go and get the win so we can officially claim 2022 is our best season ever and we can carry that into next year. 10 wins and 3 losses by less than 10 points so we were very close considering 12 wins is going to qualify either the Dogs or Carlton for finals this year. It would also mean our record since the halfway point of the season will be 5 wins - 6 losses so that basically kills the second half of the season fadeout criticism. 5 wins - 6 losses before the bye and after the bye.

Just get the win, boys.
Agree.

Unfortunately, North are now healthy and found their mojo. I watched 2nd quarter against Crows and they were impressive. LDU on fire.

I predict a loss considering we will be missing 8-9 best, Anderson and Rowell are running on fumes in the middle (beaten badly there in first half again), it's an away game and we are mentally struggling (Rankine situation, no finals).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back