Preview Round 3, 2015: Hawthorn v Western Bulldogs, 19 April 2015 @ Aurora Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to see:

Out - tall forwards simply trying to bring the ball to ground for the small crumbers
In - big forwards willing to take a grab and throw their weight around

This isn't the only bad habit creeping in, also Breust needs to take marks in front of his eyes
and not always on his chest above his right tit.

Thank you... Not a single mark in our F50 in the 1st half on Sunday.
Absolutely cannot happen again.

True but In 2012 we were 5-4 and went on to take the minor premiership ... so can be done , but I think the general consensus was that we played our best footy too early in September that year

Yeah that is true but then you have to spend to much petrol just trying to get top 4, I honestly think getting off to an 8-2 type 1st half of the season is pivotal to winning a premiership.

The biggest loser from todays game between Essendon and Hawthorn was the Bulldogs.
lol I wrote on the board last week when they were in front by a bit, come on Bombers don't beat the Hawks the week before we played them, then switched over to a relief to see the Hawks back in front, then seen the final score and well.... the phrase sounds like clucking bell come out....

Last edited:
Ok, just heard a few people say the hawks dont put players to hard tag...cheers
That might've been true quite a few years ago but ever since Shiels and now Langford have become main stays in the side we always have at least one of them doing a job. They tend to get a lot of ball going the othervway also so I reckon that makes them more dangerous than your pure shut down taggers like Crowley.

That might've been true quite a few years ago but ever since Shiels and now Langford have become main stays in the side we always have at least one of them doing a job. They tend to get a lot of ball going the othervway also so I reckon that makes them more dangerous than your pure shut down taggers like Crowley.
Ok thanks, and agree, Wallis was doing that well last year before injury so i know what you mean.

We always tag. Usually shiels and or Langford have jobs on people. They get a fair bit of footy themselves but they definitely play stopping roles.

I think quite often we don't tag at all. Start with a bit of wait and see type mentality with a Langford/Shiels contingency plan if required.

I'm certainly more confident about taking on the Bulldogs than Essendon.

Essendon our bogey team really and match up well on us. Will be good to get Jesus back in the team for Key Position depth.
On what planet are Essendank our bogey team?

Certainly not here on earth.

I'm certainly more confident about taking on the Bulldogs than Essendon.

Essendon our bogey team really and match up well on us. Will be good to get Jesus back in the team for Key Position depth.

Far from it, if any team it would be Richmond now or north melbourne. Used to be Geelong. Essendon are just a rival

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All the best all, hoping for a game with no injuries. Not confident at all understandably but am looking forward to seeing how our young guys go against the best. Hopefully we can stay competitive but at worst it will be a great learning curve of how far we need to go. Anyway as I said all the best, love the way the Hawks play :thumbsu:

I'm genuinely surprised people are worried about this game. Have you seen their backline?

If we can't beat bloody Footscray we may as well pack up our shit and go home. We're the reigning B2B premiers coming off a poor performance, expecting anything less than a ten goal victory is tantamount to disrespecting to our wonderful club and awesome team.

So you think that makes them a bogey side?

In that case then Richmond supporters can say " The Hawks are our bogey side"
It's also how the push us and even when we have been ontop of our game they still beat us... That's what makes a bogey side doesn't necessarily mean they have to dominate us for them to be a bogey side....

So who would u say then?

It's also how the push us and even when we have been ontop of our game they still beat us... That's what makes a bogey side doesn't necessarily mean they have to dominate us for them to be a bogey side....

So who would u say then?
So what do you say about being on top of our game and beating them by 11 goals easing up last time we played?

So you think that makes them a bogey side?

In that case then Richmond supporters can say " The Hawks are our bogey side"

Well if it was 5-5 v Swans, Freo, Cats etc that would be expected. However, we've been a class above the Tigers for the entire time so 9-1 or 8-2 might account for the odd upset but no way they should have beaten us 5 of the past 10 times when the quality of the teams are considered.

Are they a bogey side? Perhaps not. But they've certainly given us more trouble than they've had a right to.

Well if it was 5-5 v Swans, Freo, Cats etc that would be expected. However, we've been a class above the Tigers for the entire time so 9-1 or 8-2 might account for the odd upset but no way they should have beaten us 5 of the past 10 times when the quality of the teams are considered.

Are they a bogey side? Perhaps not. But they've certainly given us more trouble than they've had a right to.
And I think this is because their coach learnt a fair bit whilst he sat in the Hawthorn box. Which is also why I am concerned about what the doggies may do - Beveridge and his boys may trouble us more than they deserve to based on last year, simply because our Clarko may not have as many surprises up his sleeve.

That's the point we have been the better side the whole time yet they still manage to beat us half the time

Good luck guys, the Bulldogs are not a team that I dispise, I think you guys have so much young talent and will be a force in the coming years, stringer, macrae and bontempelli are all amazing talents and I'm such a huge fan of Lin Jong hope he will be a good player for years to come for you guys. I have a feeling Langford will go on bontempelli looking foward to that match up. Who do you think Wallis will play on?
Hopefully no injuries and a good game of footy
Am I on the Bulldogs board?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back