Round 3 Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I had a terrible first two rounds! Was ranked way back at 27k. Pretty s**t compared to being ranked 24th at this stage last year.

I'm at about 6k now. Slowly falling back as the WC v Freo scores tick over.

It's a a marathon!! Still plenty of time to make up points

Finished on 2122. Would be 2200+ if Bartel wasn't so useless. Moves me to around 8k overall, so I've got some sort of platform to launch from now.

1931 what a week....
boyd out
bont out
hibberd 66
simpson 77
barlow 55
parker 61
griffen 68
mumford 82
gray 71

what the hell is wrong with all them !!! 4 players over 100 :drunk:

Didn't break 1800, thanks to Bartel, Parker and captain Barlow. Bring on the trades. Oh and kolajazznee your a campaigner.

Fyfe couldn't give me the 21 points i needed from him in the last to give me the league win... not his fault though, Malceski and Bartel will be held accountable..
1979 all up. Still can't crack the bloody 2k! Would've done it easily if Wines didn't go down :cry: or the Bont played or if Bartel even stuck around for 1 qtr...

2075. Kind of meh about the score, my best score so far, didn't trade any starting players last week so can't complain.

Gibson, Griffen, Parker, Bennell are killing me.

Made 7 spots to be ranked 99.

2017 - Not a bad score considering the week I had.

Bont out - McCarthy's 60odd
Bartel - subbed on 8
Parker and Treloar spudding it up in the midfield

The ticks
Neale 162 - you beuty
Hodge 159 - absolutely amazing
Lewis 152 as Captain - sublime
Pendles - 105
Martin - 108
Newnes - 94

On the chopping block are Shepard, Menzel or Bartel (if injured)

Want to downgrade Sheppard to a rookie, play Oxley on the field and upgrade Menzel to a forward maybe?

Otherwise I might downgrade the Menz as well and see if I cant bank some cash to go Newton - Rocky soon

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So close to clicking on the delete team button.

Today was a shocker.
Lewis :)
Bartel :(
Clark :|
KK :(
Barlow :(

Finally a great week, after a few miserable rounds to start the season. Dodged most of the bullets besides the Bont (and KK).

Lachie Neale was a star, Beams repaid the faith, Lumumba finally showed up, Grundy was a great pickup and Swanny was back to his piggish ways.

Gained 19,951 places to be 4,581. Season back on track.

2018 but should of been 2099 as Bont didn't play and I had the E on Clem Smith (who didn't play) instead of Cripps for some reason so copped a donut. Awesome games from Hodge, Lewis (c) and Neale made up for it. Slipped a bit in the rankings to 1065 but should get back in there next week.

Bontempelli/Adams (who usually score a combined 200) were both withdrawn, but I still did decent w/ two men down.

2001 was my score, 5819 points overall. Hodge & Neale <3

Both my trades scored lower than the guys I kicked out and I dropped over 300 points on last weeks score

4151427.jpg

My scores have steadily been increasing.
1830 - wk 1
1968 - wk 2
2017 - wk 3
Hoping to continue that trend. My overall rank is currently sitting at 5,234. A few big weeks could see me push up towards the top thousand.

If my players could stop getting injured that would be a great help.

Rockliff (inj in the 3rd on 79)
Bartel (inj in 1st on 8)
Have not only been two forced trades that I didnt need to make but two big hits to my overall score. An extra 40 - 60 from rocky and an extra 80 from bartel would have me signifcantly higher on the rankings already.

My attempt at going young and unique in the midfield has backfired with Treloar and Parker spudding it up for two weeks. I'll leave them until I have a completed side but theyre not helping my ranking.

From now on confirmed guns only like Barlow, Rockliff, Sidebottom, Heppel and perhaps Ebert will be the only ones I contemplate getting in.

Side after Trades

Hodge, Docherty, Newnes
Ibbotson, McIntosh, Oxley

Lewis, Pendlebury, Treloar, Parker
Neale, Rich, Cripps, Ellis-Yolmen

Naitanui, Bellchambers

Bontempelli, Martin, Swan
Menzel, Salem, Honeychurch

My current sides consists of
Def - 3 Premium 1 Mid 2 Rookies
Mid - 4 Premium 1 Semi 1 Mid 2 Rookies
Ruck - 1 Semi 1 Mid
Fwd - 3 Premiums 1 Mid, 2 Rookies

I plan on forgetting about Rucks for the time being, which may be a mistake, but I feel until Kreuzer comes back, where I'll trade Bellchambers to Kreuzer, that Nic Nat and Krooze should be able to hold up well enough while I upgrade the rest.

My midfield is my first target to complete. Ellis Yolmen is currently the only rookie demanding selection. Its is my intention to upgrade Ibbotson to Barlow/Heppel as soon as possible by sending Saad to the backline.
Saad, currentlt my mid emergency, is putting up scores that are sufficient in a very week backline. Malceski not firing, Simpson having up and down weeks mean I feel comfortable playing Saad and Barlow moreso than playing say Simpson and Cripps.

Once that trade goes through my midfield of 5 Premiums, Neale, Rich and E-Y should be stable enough to begin improving the rest of my field.

The forward line will be my first target with Gray and Dalhaus demanding a spot in my side. Menzel should provide a stable leap pad to of these players.

I will probably attempt to get 5 forward premiums before I add anyone to my backline. I trust McIntosh, Saad and Oxley a lot more than Salem, Honeychurch and Clark and I trust Gray and Dalhuas a lot more than Simpson etc.

Round 6 positional changes may through a spanner in these plans if Boyd or aomeone similar gains dpp in defence. As will the return of Rockliff. I think you can afford to wait one week for him to drop 30k or so but no more.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back