Status
Not open for further replies.
Lobbe > Mumford
Rohan > Ambrose/Taylor

Or

Webster > McDonald
Rohan > Ambrose/Taylor?

Current team is:

B: Mitchell, McVeigh, Enright, Suckling, Webster, Laidler (Georgiou, Langford)

M: Ablett, Watson, Rockliff, Beams, Tyson, Polec, Ellis, Aish (Langdon, Dunstan)

R: Lobbe, Sandi (King, Currie)

F: Danger, Wingard, Martin, Mitchell, Caddy, Higgins (Rohan, JKH)

Still have 29 trades (used 1 last week).
Why trade Lobbe? Just scored a 105.

Plenty of great options on the bubble this week mate, I would have seen it as a great excuse to jump on someone you don't have.
Other than the polec ellis dunstan tyson locks that everyone will have by now, I'm not seeing great options.
I'm holding michie until someone better than taylor/cunningham etc comes along- possibly kelly... or even michie himself if he gets out of rooseys bad books.

Why trade Lobbe? Just scored a 105.

Depends on whether he thinks Lobbe is likely to be in the top 3 rucks at the end of the year compared to Mumford. If he thinks Mumford will be one of the top rucks at the end of the year, and not Lobbe, then missing him at this price could hurt.

Other than the polec ellis dunstan tyson locks that everyone will have by now, I'm not seeing great options.
I'm holding michie until someone better than taylor/cunningham etc comes along- possibly kelly... or even michie himself if he gets out of rooseys bad books.

I obvious don't know what your team looks like, so yes - they are who I was referring to. If your content with your position, hold tight a week and bring one of Buckley and Kelly in next.

EDIT: Or watch out for MCrouch...

Hey guys, I'm still trying to decide between P.Ambrose & L.Taylor for F6. I'd take Taylor anyday but I'm pretty worried he will be named sub. I'm playing footy tomorrow so won't be able to wait around for the sub to get named. Help!
Taylor by a country mile. Use your F7 or F8 if you're that worried.

Decided not to jump on the MThomas wagon... he will make value, don't know how much - and I think that is highly variable on him continuing this current form (iffy) and Jackson not stealing points (even more iff). That, and I can see Buckley/Kelly matching his cash output when they bubble next week.

So throwing around a couple of ideas ($238k), and since I back myself to give good advice and apply none to myself, I ask the board. A problem I've worked myself into:

Caddy -> Zorko
Higgins -> Zorko

I would much prefer to do Higs to Zorko (always nervous about his body, think we are yet to see the best of Caddy etc) but it would leave me with 50k for next week (not enough for a Kelly trade if needed). Caddy trade would give me more/ enough to trade someone to Josh Kelly if I want (moving Taylor forward in process for Z Merret). Decisions, decisions...

Depends on whether he thinks Lobbe is likely to be in the top 3 rucks at the end of the year compared to Mumford. If he thinks Mumford will be one of the top rucks at the end of the year, and not Lobbe, then missing him at this price could hurt.
Possibly, however look at the opponents of each so far, Lobbe: Warnock/Kreuzer, Jacobs vs Mumford: Pyke, Hickey. Not saying that Lobbe will end up the same however given the relative strengths of their direct opponents so far and Mumford's history of missing games, I dont think imo itll be a huge margin between them that warrants trading.

Decided not to jump on the MThomas wagon... he will make value, don't know how much - and I think that is highly variable on him continuing this current form (iffy) and Jackson not stealing points (even more iff). That, and I can see Buckley/Kelly matching his cash output when they bubble next week.

So throwing around a couple of ideas ($238k), and since I back myself to give good advice and apply none to myself, I ask the board. A problem I've worked myself into:

Caddy -> Zorko
Higgins -> Zorko

I would much prefer to do Higs to Zorko (always nervous about his body, think we are yet to see the best of Caddy etc) but it would leave me with 50k for next week (not enough for a Kelly trade if needed). Caddy trade would give me more/ enough to trade someone to Josh Kelly if I want (moving Taylor forward in process for Z Merret). Decisions, decisions...
I Traded Wright to Zorko.

I think you should do it too. You have the money!!!

Yes you will lose money (from Caddy/Higgins) as they will appreciate in price. But Zorko too may not be this cheap again. As long as Zorko is one of your keepers, do it...

But who to trade Higgins or Caddy???? Toss of the coin really. I would probably trade Higgins because of the injury risk.

Anyone keeping michie? Unsure what to do with him.

I have, wanted to do other trades/ not enough cash. Keeping an eye on Josh Kelly, he won't be the sub this week, bookmark it.

Possibly, however look at the opponents of each so far, Lobbe: Warnock/Kreuzer, Jacobs vs Mumford: Pyke, Hickey. Not saying that Lobbe will end up the same however given the relative strengths of their direct opponents so far and Mumford's history of missing games, I dont think imo itll be a huge margin between them that warrants trading.
Agree.

I am very cautious about Mumford. Thinking about trading Ryder but I dont know who to. Nic Nat, Minson are viable options. Could wait a week or I could do the Higgins -> Wines trade.

You seem to be forgetting that part of my Roughead > Zorko trade was done to enable me to get Swallow in next week..
Hats off to you backing yourself Judd_Magic. I don't agree with you and think it's ridiculous but that's okay, you've got to make judgement calls.

To suggest, however, that you had to make the trade to get Swallow in is just plain wrong. Looking at your team there are so many ways you could have generated the same amount of cash (85k) without trading out a proven Premo.

Agree.

I am very cautious about Mumford. Thinking about trading Ryder but I dont know who to. Nic Nat, Minson are viable options. Could wait a week or I could do the Higgins -> Wines trade.
Mumford did play 22 games last year (including finals) - that's not too bad. He also appears very fit at the moment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have, wanted to do other trades/ not enough cash. Keeping an eye on Josh Kelly, he won't be the sub this week, bookmark it.
Ill probably trade Michie to Kelly next week

I have enough $ to do 1 of the trades below

JKH > XEllis (move Taylor to fwds)
or
Daisy > Wines (unfortunately I can't do Daisy>Swallow with a single trade)

Which do you think is the better trade or would I be better off not trading at all this week?

Hats off to you backing yourself Judd_Magic. I don't agree with you and think it's ridiculous but that's okay, you've got to make judgement calls.

To suggest, however, that you had to make the trade to get Swallow in is just plain wrong. Looking at your team there are so many ways you could have generated the same amount of cash (85k) without trading out a proven Premo.

This ^

Anyway let's play this round out before locking in trades for the next round. What happens if Swallows injures himself - or is moved back into defence and scores a 60?

Would you trade him in then?

Probably don't 'need' to make these trades but what the hell.

Webster and Higgins to Georgiou and Zorko.

Completes the forward line with Parker/Zorko as F5/6

He's never played more than 19 games in any home and away season.
Not saying he will of course, but if he did keep up his current scoring rate (at say 120 points per round average). If you have coverage with a Currie, Hale, Derrickx, for those three matches he goes missing you will likely still perform very well.

This ^

Anyway let's play this round out before locking in trades for the next round. What happens if Swallows injures himself - or is moved back into defence and scores a 60?

Would you trade him in then?

Probably would since his price wouldn't have gone up by as much as expected. McKenna did say not long ago that Swallow will be sent to defence on occasion to do shutdown job if/when required.

Not saying he will of course, but if he did keep up his current scoring rate (at say 120 points per round average). If you have coverage with a Currie, Hale, Derrickx, for those three matches he goes missing you will likely still perform very well.
If I was carrying a mcevoy or some other injured ruckman he would be the logical trade, however taking out Lobbe's first half in round 1, he's hardly an underperformer.

I went caddy to zork over higgins to zork purely on money making potential.
Even if caddy averages 90 from here he'll only make 100kish where as higgins can score less and make more (provided he strings a few games together obviously.)

Is Luke McDonald a must get?

Already have Webster, georgiou, Laidler, Langford in my defence with Langdon in mids.

If I was to get L-Mac it would be at the expense of Webster?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back