Preview Round 3 v Sydney MCG Sunday March 31st 4pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Match comittee haven't learnt from last week...

No genuine contested ballwinner last week and we got mauled. Same this week.

McAuliffe needed to come in or Dusty and Bolton need to play as mids.
I knew this would happen, they want to see a decent body of work from him before deciding to debut him but our season could be over by then.

Last edited:
Every chance he will be, teams won’t be finalized until tomorrow and with Broad and Young back think he’ll come out.

Also happy with Sonsie over McAuliffe. If you’re allowing Ross another shot at Hopper’s role inside, need another mid who can rotate through high half forward for rotations and getting Baker, Dusty and Shai midfield minutes.

Predicted Ins: Young, Broad, Sonsie, MRJ
Outs: Tresize, LeFau, Banks, Dow

Banks as sub.
Broad's in the 22.

8 on the Interchange

Sonsie, Dow, Banks, Rioli

LeFau, Naismith, Miller, Young

Maybe one of Miller, Young
Sonsie.
one of Naism, LeFau

MRJ they love. straight IN

It's not about winning and losing. This is what Yze doesn't undestand. He seems delusional if he solid his coaching gig on this list competing for wins.

If you look at the fixture we would be favourite in one game for the rest of year. Vs West Coast in Perth. Underdogs in every single other game.

So play the kids who deserve to play. Stop playing older plodders who have no future with the club

Its risky to go that young now. If we do that and get absolutely smashed, then what? You cant really bring the older players back once theyve been taken out of the team and checked out. Why would players like Baker etc even consider sticking around if we are getting smashed every week.

Also the young players wont last the season even if start well. Play our strongest team for the first 15 odd games. We may get 4 wins at most. At that point retire off the oldies, and play all the kids the last 8 weeks. Its a long season to get through. I really dont see us finishing above 16-17th regardless.

Next year the list will be a lot younger and even more so in 2026. This year was always going to be somewhat awkward given our lack of draft picks last season. Its meant too many older players stayed on the list.

Its risky to go that young now. If we do that and get absolutely smashed, then what? You cant really bring the older players back once theyve been taken out of the team and checked out. Why would players like Baker etc even consider sticking around if we are getting smashed every week.

Also the young players wont last the season even if start well. Play our strongest team for the first 15 odd games. We may get 4 wins at most. At that point retire off the oldies, and play all the kids the last 8 weeks. Its a long season to get through. I really dont see us finishing above 16-17th regardless.

Next year the list will be a lot younger and even more so in 2026. This year was always going to be somewhat awkward given our lack of draft picks last season. Its meant too many older players stayed on the list.

I see your point but Baker is gone anyway. Just bought a new multi million dollar house in Perth. It's in the news

Just got to accept it. When a Perth club pays a massive contract for him we should get another early pick for him

Definitely crazy we have lost Hopper and Prestia and not replaced them with any inside mid. To be fair, there's like 2 young inside mids on the list thanks to Matt Clarke (yet people still praise this clown of a list manager).

One is a VFL plodder in Dow who should never play again. The other is McAuliffe who they won't name.
Not entirely true. Ross was finally moved into the middle and did very well.

I'm already melting that McAuliffe isn't named but if Dow keeps his spot and Sonsie doesn't play I'm off Yze.

I know that but that's the only replacements we have for them atm, do we have anyone else? I'm aware of what you're on about i'm not camparing them.
Let the vets do the hard yards against the too sides.
Bring the cubs in against fellow cellar dwellers is my guess at this stage

Starting to think Yze was an AFL plant.
Home Run Mic Drop GIF by Xbox

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Problem there is some of our vets are nearly cooked and always out injured so we have no choice but to blood the kids.
True.
But against the Swans they made right call in regards too Mcauliffe.
No issue with Sonsie

Sack Yze

If this club can't see that McAuliffe should be in the side then we might as well not even bother.

Extraordinary, reckon Newman who runs the mids is doing an internal sabotage on Yze for not getting the main job.

Not entirely true. Ross was finally moved into the middle and did very well.

I'm already melting that McAuliffe isn't named but if Dow keeps his spot and Sonsie doesn't play I'm off Yze.
I’m disappointed he isn’t named but the more I think about it it probably makes sense

In previous years we have seen draftees with better resumes struggle to play afl level in the middle and most need to be played either as a forward or a back

His form in the vfl if we include the practice games has been a little inconsistent and he didn’t look super ready during the pre season match sim yet

I’m sure he will get a crack but understand that the club are being patient as well
Especially because we currently don’t have our best midfield in that can protect him to an extent as well

No point throwing him to the wolves

BacksDylan Grimes2Nathan Broad35Nick Vlastuin1
Half-BacksJayden Short15Tom Brown30Daniel Rioli17
CentrelineKamdyn McIntosh33Tim Taranto14Marlion Pickett50
Half-ForwardsSeth Campbell44Shai Bolton29Rhyan Mansell31
ForwardsNoah Balta21Dustin Martin4Tom Lynch19
FollowersToby Nankervis25Jack Ross5Liam Baker7
Interchange from:Tyler Sonsie40Thomson Dow27Sam Banks41
Maurice Rioli10Mykelti Lefau42Sam Naismith24
Ben Miller46Tylar Young45
In: Maurice Rioli, Sam Naishmith, Nathan Broad, Tylar Sonsie, Tylar Young
Out: Judson Clarke (omitted), James Trezise (ankle)

Melt away kiddies

Angry David Ortiz GIF

Dow, Rioli & Lefau >>>> McAuliffe, Sonsie & Cumberland

Captain America Lol GIF by mtv

Remove this Banner Ad

Back