Game Day Round 4: ANZAC Day vs Gold Coast Suns

Remove this Banner Ad

Dixon a big in, but also a big gamble given his supposed lack of fitness. It shows how desperate they are to chalk up a win in this week. I hope our boys are up for it more.

I remember a couple of years back (or was it last year?) the suns had a big win against us at Manuka and Dixon killed us.

I remember a couple of years back (or was it last year?) the suns had a big win against us at Manuka and Dixon killed us.
Kicked 6 goals in a 7 goal win. I was trying to remember the stupid matchup we had on him...

Dixon, who spent time in the ruck and up forward, comfortably had the better of Bret Thornton in the ex-Carlton utility's first game for the Giants.

Kicked 6 goals in a 7 goal win. I was trying to remember the stupid matchup we had on him...

Dixon, who spent time in the ruck and up forward, comfortably had the better of Bret Thornton in the ex-Carlton utility's first game for the Giants.
That says a lot. Our backline is much better equipped to handle him now.

Was also just reading the Stewart article in the smh. I didn't realise he was an eligible father and son pick but they overlooked him (was probably bigger news at the time, but I managed to miss it). Cheering for him even more now just to see Eddie's blood pressure go up an extra few notches!

That says a lot. Our backline is much better equipped to handle him now.

Was also just reading the Stewart article in the smh. I didn't realise he was an eligible father and son pick but they overlooked him (was probably bigger news at the time, but I managed to miss it). Cheering for him even more now just to see Eddie's blood pressure go up an extra few notches!
Would love to see this guy flourish, if just to see Eddie's head explode. He probably is a bit lucky to be getting a game at this point, given what we have heard about form in the NEAFL. However, it is always a different prospect when you are a tall coming into a settled AFL mid-field scenario. He could suddenly look a lot better at AFL level.

I'm not normally a fan of gimmicky guernseys but i really love the look of our anzac one - i think i'll add one of those to the collection.

The suns one not bad either (but won't be adding one of those to the collection).

Don't really like the SUNS Anzac guernsey

483373-3be76c98-e71e-11e4-9321-13d21702e16c.jpg

It's got a big lemon slice in the middle

Its amazing how often i see that line in posts or out and about. Would be great to see the melt though
We all get stuck into Eddie. It's a national pass time! The game needs charaters like him around, so long as he isn't in a position execute his "black and white" ideas outside of his beloved Pies.

As has been mentioned elsewhere, the Pies could have done much better out of the establishment of GWS. Over our existence they could have picked up a heap of elite talent along the way. It's all water under the bridge now, but it must quietly naw away at some of these big clubs.

Last time we play last year lynch kicked 5 but we have 13 players different on from last years team

Pumped for this one folks !!

Hope we fill the ground today. 15k would be lovely. Surely the canbarians will get behind the ANZAC side of things. And would have enjoyed actually seeing a win.

You heading down Jaffa Fan ?

Pumped for this one folks !!

Hope we fill the ground today. 15k would be lovely. Surely the canbarians will get behind the ANZAC side of things. And would have enjoyed actually seeing a win.

You heading down Jaffa Fan ?
Arrived here yesterday, looking forward to it, must win game today. You?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Am I reading this correctly? Your son passed away?
He was "only a cat" if you can have 2 legged kids. My wife and I cant, so he was our eldest boy (of 2)
He was only 12.
But he was a fully paid up GWS Giants member and more importantly a most loved member of my family.
Used to watch nearly all of our games on TV with me when we were in Melbourne. He could handle my yelling, my dog couldn't.

He was "only a cat" if you can have 2 legged kids. My wife and I cant, so he was our eldest boy (of 2)
He was only 12.
But he was a fully paid up GWS Giants member and more importantly a most loved member of my family.
Used to watch nearly all of our games on TV with me when we were in Melbourne. He could handle my yelling, my dog couldn't.

Well mate let's do it for the little fella !!!! Goooo giants

Kelly named as sub. Could do some real damage when he comes on later in the game

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

hey everyone. Hows the weather at startrack? Is it raining down there as forecasted?

Geez Taylor Adams is such a similar player to Toby Greene. Tough, gets a lot of it, can't kick!

We won lotto getting Heater for him...sure didn't seem like it at the time but worked out well.

When we go back to the draft our focus needs to be speed and an accurate kick!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back