Shield Round 6: South Australia vs Victoria, Adelaide Oval, 28th Nov-1st Dec

Remove this Banner Ad

A Century in the first shield game and then nothing.

Wont score another run until the last shield game of the year when he will get another hundred and that will lock him in for 2024/25.

He's been doing it for years.
Having him as captain is an absolute joke. Not that there's anyone else up to it either of course.

No, I mean the one in the 2nd innings that even the most biased shield commentators, the Victorian cheerleaders squad, all conceded was nowhere near his glove and hit his forearm.
Of course you counter it by saying "No YOUR commentary team is more biased".
Can you show us these catches please.
I really can't be arsed going that far back but there was one he claimed 3-4 years ago against Tassie that showed to be a half vollie on replay but again no third umpire to overturn.
Careys dismissal of Bairstow was also controversial... and it was out......
Yes, and all the replays clearly showed it was out. That one wasn't in dispute.

No, my counter was that even the Vic commentators admitted it was off the arm and not the glove, you just chose to ignore that because it didn't suit your narrative. And yes, Adam White and Mcgain are painful to listen to when they are in full Victorian cheerleader mode, much worse than any other state's when it comes to blind bias.

I really can't be arsed going that far back but there was one he claimed 3-4 years ago against Tassie that showed to be a half vollie on replay but again no third umpire to overturn.

Yes, and all the replays clearly showed it was out. That one wasn't in dispute.
So there is no evidence whatsoever of Lehmann claiming catches that weren't out.

Glad you have put that to bed.

The dearth of batting talent in SA (whether home-grown or imported) is truly dire. Not one batsman averaging above the low 30s, and the season averages would make interesting reading. The player with the highest FC average is Manenti in the mid 30s, and he's supposed to be a bowler. Laughable.
McSweeney is not from SA but he is a very good talent and having a good season, about to captain Australia A too. Hunt I am confident will regain his form again. Drew has talent but again is inconsistent.

Having him as captain is an absolute joke. Not that there's anyone else up to it either of course.
That's the issue. SA cricket has been in dire straits for years and the SACA don't give a toss as long as the rivers of gold keep flowing in from the T20 pyjama games.

One just has to have a look at the districts scores to see that there is very little talent coming through. .......

No, my counter was that even the Vic commentators admitted it was off the arm and not the glove, you just chose to ignore that because it didn't suit your narrative. And yes, Adam White and Mcgain are painful to listen to when they are in full Victorian cheerleader mode, much worse than any other state's when it comes to blind bias.
I didn't see the second one, I was playing cricket at the time. So we got one. We lost two today. More than balances it out of our favour, no?
So there is no evidence whatsoever of Lehmann claiming catches that weren't out.

Glad you have put that to bed.
Just because I don't have the time to go digging for it doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Looks like a new ball wicket really. We're bowling a lot tighter than the SACAs

McSweeney is not from SA but he is a very good talent and having a good season, about to captain Australia A too. Hunt I am confident will regain his form again. Drew has talent but again is inconsistent.
McSweeney's been the standout for sure. Not convinced the other two will ever be anything more than mediocre. Can only hope.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Could be. I don't know if he has any experience or ability to captain, but he's certainly the only batsman who's performed this season.
He’s captaining this upcoming Prime Minister 11 game against Pakistan and I think has done so for Australia A as well, so clearly thought of as captain material.

That's the issue. SA cricket has been in dire straits for years and the SACA don't give a toss as long as the rivers of gold keep flowing in from the T20 pyjama games.

One just has to have a look at the districts scores to see that there is very little talent coming through. .......
Yes, regularly see sides being bowled out for less than 100.

I didn't see the second one, I was playing cricket at the time. So we got one. We lost two today. More than balances it out of our favour, no?

Just because I don't have the time to go digging for it doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Looks like a new ball wicket really. We're bowling a lot tighter than the SACAs
You made probably the worst accusation that can be levelled against a cricketer (that he is a cheat) without any evidence.

I'd hate you to be on jury duty if I was an innocent defendant.

You made probably the worst accusation that can be levelled against a cricketer (that he is a cheat) without any evidence.

I'd hate you to be on jury duty if I was an innocent defendant.
Actually, fair play. It's a good point.

Also the fact you equate a court of law with a sport is crazy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back