Unofficial Preview Round 6: St Kilda Vs Brisbane - Westpac Stadium NZ @ 7:45 NZST

Remove this Banner Ad

Dunstan 18 disposals 7 marks... I think some of us are getting a bit excited. He doesn't need to get 30 disposals a game. He was quiet but he used the ball well.

Eli just the seven touches but if you go and watch the replay he was one of our best at applying pressure when the ball was in the oppositions hands.

Ross came on at the 15 minute mark in the final term. 4 Disposals, 2 marks and tackles. If he played a full game that would equal approximately 21 disposals and 11 marks and tackles. No point bringing him in for 15 minutes of footy and then just dropping him.

Don't think anyone really deserves to be dropped. Maybe just one change to freshen up a youngen. Mav played well but as I said in another thread I don't think he should come in based off one game when he played poorly last week.

I'd personally like to see Fisher in for Gwilt, Gwilt did play on but no point risking him as he's really starting to hit some form. Give him a week off and bring him back the following week.
If fish isn't ready I'd still like to see one change, just not sure who.

Agreed, but neither are possessions.

Agree. He was solid though and did what coaches asked him to do. Turned it over few times, but if anyone has been to Eureka Stadium thats pretty common thing to do out there.

Agree. He was solid though and did what coaches asked him to do. Turned it over few times, but if anyone has been to Eureka Stadium thats pretty common thing to do out there.

Well good to hear he's doing the right things. It's great to see the club in a position where blokes are knocking on the door but at the same time it's hard to squeeze them in. Show's terrific depth for such a young side. I would still give him another week unless someone was a bit sore.

i think the one thing we can all agree on is we cant drop any of dunstan, eli and billings. every game we get into them is invaluable. we need to get 50 games into them ASAP, whilst they are playing their role and doing well we should just keep going

might be something simple like OUT: schneider (suspension) IN: savage. like for like

Jack Billings hasnt made the 'best' so far this year in VFL... It's an overrated way to rate players games.

I get your point but...

http://www.saints.com.au/news/2014-03-15/young-saints-stand-out-for-zebras
Frankston 2.7 3.8 8.10 10.14 74
Sandringham 0.2 0.5 2.9 5.11 41
Goals: Billings 2, Dennis-Lane 2, Holmes.
Best: Billings, Ross, Holmes, Delaney, Shenton, Bruce

http://www.saints.com.au/news/2014-04-05/billings-stars-in-zebras-win
Frankston 4.6 6.10 10.16 11.21 87
Sandringham 2.2 10.4 11.5 17.5 107
Goals: Billings 5, Lee 4, Dennis-Lane 3, Milera 2, Bennett, Weller, Shenton
Bests: Billings, Lee, Weller, Cockie, Cook, Shenton

http://www.saints.com.au/news/2014-04-14/vfl-sandy-draw-with-box-hill
Sandringham: 14.20 (104)
Box Hill: 15.14 (104)
Best: Ross, Cockie, Simpkin, Milera, Weller, Lee, Billings
Goals: Ross 3, Lee 3, Shenton 2, Milera 2, Murdoch, Dennis-Lane, Siposs, Schneider

Jack Billings hasnt made the 'best' so far this year in VFL... It's an overrated way to rate players games.
Did you check that first or did you see it and just make it up?

just on billings, i made the comment from the VFL highlights packages that i thought his intensity was lacking and that he tended to coast through games. i am starting to wonder if its because the VFL games are a bit below him. maybe its not enough to challenge/stimulate him?
Spot on mate, too easy for him. ;)

I get your point but...

http://www.saints.com.au/news/2014-03-15/young-saints-stand-out-for-zebras
Frankston 2.7 3.8 8.10 10.14 74
Sandringham 0.2 0.5 2.9 5.11 41
Goals: Billings 2, Dennis-Lane 2, Holmes.
Best: Billings, Ross, Holmes, Delaney, Shenton, Bruce

http://www.saints.com.au/news/2014-04-05/billings-stars-in-zebras-win
Frankston 4.6 6.10 10.16 11.21 87
Sandringham 2.2 10.4 11.5 17.5 107
Goals: Billings 5, Lee 4, Dennis-Lane 3, Milera 2, Bennett, Weller, Shenton
Bests: Billings, Lee, Weller, Cockie, Cook, Shenton

http://www.saints.com.au/news/2014-04-14/vfl-sandy-draw-with-box-hill
Sandringham: 14.20 (104)
Box Hill: 15.14 (104)
Best: Ross, Cockie, Simpkin, Milera, Weller, Lee, Billings
Goals: Ross 3, Lee 3, Shenton 2, Milera 2, Murdoch, Dennis-Lane, Siposs, Schneider

Check the official ones that get sent into VFL, not ones from saints website and you'll find he isn't named. Saints add players to back up their articles.

Did you check that first or did you see it and just make it up?

I checked mate, isn't named in official best in first two games of season. Wouldn't just say it!

I checked mate, isn't named in official best in first two games of season. Wouldn't just say it!
Fair enough mate, I just thought I remembered seeing him in there and I was pretty confident after K backed it up. ;)

As you were...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Something I thought was a bit strange but within 5 minutes of Seb being subbed on he was puffing hard and looked to lack leg speed. Thought it was bizarre at the time and the only the I can think of is a huge adrenaline dump and just didn't judge the game/tempo right. Not saying he should be dropped necessarily just thought it was a bit strange.

Something I thought was a bit strange but within 5 minutes of Seb being subbed on he was puffing hard and looked to lack leg speed. Thought it was bizarre at the time and the only the I can think of is a huge adrenaline dump and just didn't judge the game/tempo right. Not saying he should be dropped necessarily just thought it was a bit strange.

i noticed that as well

i think the pace of the game, run and spread are ross's biggest issue. i was worried about OP with him

Fair enough mate, I just thought I remembered seeing him in there and I was pretty confident after K backed it up. ;)

As you were...

It's one those mysteries we've found over the years... Few standouts not being named in there has always been bit odd.. Guess so much happens during game that coach(es) that do it can easily skip over somoene when asked 5mins after game!

I noticed that as well. It was pretty much his first contest and he looked to be struggling, not sure what was going on there.

I noticed that as well. It was pretty much his first contest and he looked to be struggling, not sure what was going on there.

That's just Seb though, bit like Harvs always looked to be struggling but he just kept going and going and going...
and going and going and going :D

Gwilt was more winded than injured I think?

Bruce was tweeting about dreams coming true.

I'm loathe to pop these kind of bubbles.

Only forced changes.

Especially v another young side, where kids can continue to build confidence re similar aged opponents.

Savage for Ross perhaps, I agree Seb needs to bump out someone like jones, not be a sub.

The weather forecast has some chance of rain. So smaller forwards will be critical.

Another issue is if Schneider gets rubbed out. AFL match highlights have focused on that.

Savage or Milera should come in if we are to add in another small forward.

doubt he'll get rubbed out. Wasn't high enough impact, nor was it that fierce.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back