Unofficial Preview Round 6: St Kilda Vs Brisbane - Westpac Stadium NZ @ 7:45 NZST

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd hate it if Seb was dropped. He earned his spot through hard work in the VFL, but he's just not suited to being sub.

Give him a full game next week, and give Eli the green vest.

Really looking forward to this match. Hopefully we put on a good contest for the New Zealanders.

I'd hate it if Seb was dropped. He earned his spot through hard work in the VFL, but he's just not suited to being sub.

Give him a full game next week, and give Eli the green vest.

Really looking forward to this match. Hopefully we put on a good contest for the New Zealanders.

eli is one of the last people i want in the vest. he's punching out some serious miles. dropping him will seriously effect our run and spread and defencive efforts

Sav has to be on that plane in some capacity. Even as travelling emergency. Has to be in NZ. Offer him up for special comments or an interview or something at least.

Like Seb but don't think Eli will drop to being the sub, and no-one else really deserves to be sub. Would either go in Sav out Seb if we think he'd benefit from a full game in the 2's, or just go with no change anywhere providing everyone comes up. Could swap Ross and Templeton. Keep everything else constant.

it will be interesting to see how dunstan goes...quick turn around. 75% TOG, numbers down...maybe alternate the sub with ross

18 touches in 75% game time. Not bad.

As said elsewhere, get the kids to experience New Zealand. Then give em a rest when we come up against the Hawks in a couple weeks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you wanna do that why not just start one?
Not rated as best 21, definitely worth having Steven and Joey in the middle to start. If you want to sub off a defender, send a player back and the on baller on the field. Example: Billngs is having an off game. Send Steven into Schneids' role, Schneids deeper and sub on Ross.

I really hope that doesn't happen. What kind of message does that send? You must earn your spot.
I understand your point:thumbsu:
But if Savage is one of a group of players on the borderline of being picked, then just for PR of the NZ game its a smart idea to pick him.
But if his form for Sandy was poor he doesn't deserve a game.

Who gives a s**t about Bruce's hairstyle? He's there to play football, not win beauty pageants. Respect is earned, not given out for haircuts.

Surely we live in a world where people are allowed to go with something other than a cowlick or child-raping military style. Frustrates me the most when ex-hippies start spouting that nonsense.

One change for mine - Sav for Eli. I know he racks up the miles but we need to think long term and 7 touches shows he might be getting a little worn out running so hard defensively.

Fish for Gwilt if he's hurt and can't get up.

Seb needs a full game. Not a sub type at all.

Dunstan can have an impact as sub. Think Luke Parker in the 2012 GF. Need to keep him fresh for a full game against the Hawks as well.

The Lions will welcome back Merrett and would be wise to play him forward I think. No ways he keeps up with either Roo or Stanley.

Curren to Adcock.

Robertson will come to Joey. I'd then send Joey to Redden to create the congestion for their best inside player, just like we did this week on Watson.

Not sure how our backline will look. Delaney to Brown is a given but the Lions don't seem to play a second key forward.

Lisle is playing back and pinch hitting for West.

Paperone plays the lead up role but Gwilt is a better matchup than Bruce. Maybe 'The Do' gets a chance to free wheel next week?

Going to be another cracking game though. Our defence to offence transition is awesome to watch in full flight.

If Eli does come out I think Milera deserves a shot before anyone else. Has been getting touches and kicking goals, pretty much exactly what we want Eli to do. If they want to go with another marking option than any of Lee/Siposs/Dunell I could live with.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back