Game Day Round 6 vs. Port Adelaide, MCG, 1:45pm Sat 20/04

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I was you I'd be happy to have a wedding as an excuse for not watching the game.
Might very well be an excellent excuse to not have to catch the last quarter haha

McInnes is still developing. Remember, he was drafted as a midfielder but it’s clear he belongs forward. That takes time.

Ollie Henry will have a solid career. Think he’ll be good to very good, not elite.

What we need is 195cm+ forward who can mark and they don’t come cheaply or grow on trees.
Ollie is bordering on elite already. I was only suggesting he would be the closest thing to a KPP in our side because without McStay we are bereft of anyone capable of announcing their presence in a key forward post. Ollie would currently be better in that KPF role than anyone else currently available to us.

This Henry wankfest is crazy. It only takes the simplest football mind to see another medium forward isn’t the solution here.
I think you might want to watch henry a bit closer. He would most certainly be an asset to our forward line regardless of size. He sure is at least one big solution to our forward line. I think you chose the wrong player to use as an example, he'd be our best forward

No changes. Sidebottom back starting on a wing and Lipinski to be the sub in this game.

Guys who you thought were on the fringes to start the season (Mitchell, Frampton, WHE, Noble) have been some of our better performing players to start the season. I really hope we just keep playing McInnes and let him grow into the level.

I think it will take another 6 goal bag from Richards to push a change this week. Obviously if Pendlebury is not right to go, Fin comes in for him as the next midfielder up.

Pendlebury needs a rest. Poor again today, quick fumbly and handballed the pill to a Hawks player twice. Offers very little defensive pressure

He will enjoy a rest, we have the bye next week.

Pending his rib injury he will be back starting the midfield against Port Adelaide.

When asked why Sidebottom was sub pregame McRae mentioned it was Lipinski's 100th game out of blue, makes me think he was hinting he would have been sub if not for 100th game as it was unprovoked. I dont really know what Lipinski offers currently, he did one nice kick into our forward line but he is slow and has little impact

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No changes. Sidebottom back starting on a wing and Lipinski to be the sub in this game.

Guys who you thought were on the fringes to start the season (Mitchell, Frampton, WHE, Noble) have been some of our better performing players to start the season. I really hope we just keep playing McInnes and let him grow into the level.

I think it will take another 6 goal bag from Richards to push a change this week. Obviously if Pendlebury is not right to go, Fin comes in for him as the next midfielder up.
Well Mitchell, Frampton and Noble were all named in our best tonight.

I think you might want to watch henry a bit closer. He would most certainly be an asset to our forward line regardless of size. He sure is at least one big solution to our forward line. I think you chose the wrong player to use as an example, he'd be our best forward
I think you need to watch our games a little closer. Henry isn’t going to speed up our ball movement or bring the ball to ground in a pack.

Still can’t believe no criticism of Howe.
Can jump still, but barely run, getting beaten more consistently.
Admittedly so are our other backs but he’s really struggling.
The body has taken its toll.
Frampton the only good Defender we have at the Moment

I see big problems that we need to quickly fix. I don’t think we have the cattle. McCrae has to roll the dice and hope it pays off. Malthouse flipped the whole team after rnd 10 and we won the flag. From my memory, to that point we were 5-4-1.
Malthouse tapped a few guys on the shoulder (Medhurst, Fraser, Lockyer, Dick) and it totally turned things around.

Too early for ins and outs before the bye. Having said that you can bet it’ll be the same vanilla change. One in one out and rotate the sub.
I understand why we do that because we have no one banging the door down to get in and the one who does never gets a full game to prove himself (Finn)

I’d never thought I’d be this frustrated by our team/list after a premiership. We are a couple of injuries away from being WCE, I say that because our VFL players are showing no form and therefore not getting AFL experience. Look how much losing Big Dan has done to us throw in a few mids and another key back injury and we are giving Freo a very good draft pick this season.

Having said that I’d like to see Sullivan, McRae, Allen, TJ and one of Steene or Begg get some game time in the AFL. TJ looks the most likely long term and for port I’d bring in Sullivan and McRae for Pendles (inj) and Lipinski his turn to be rotated out.

I see big problems that we need to quickly fix. I don’t think we have the cattle. McCrae has to roll the dice and hope it pays off. Malthouse flipped the whole team after rnd 10 and we won the flag. From my memory, to that point we were 5-4-1.
Malthouse tapped a few guys on the shoulder (Medhurst, Fraser, Lockyer, Dick) and it totally turned things around.
Dick wasn’t tapped on the shoulder he injured his shoulder.

This really isn't the same thing. We had younger, better replacements at the time and had just recruited two players in crucial roles.

Still can’t believe no criticism of Howe.
Can jump still, but barely run, getting beaten more consistently.
Admittedly so are our other backs but he’s really struggling.
The body has taken its toll.
I love Howe, but tend to agree. He was loose man for much of it and just seemed to be going through the motions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back