Review Round 7, 2023: Northern Bullants v Box Hill Hawks, 6 May 2023, 2.05pm @ Preston City Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Ramsden, Mackenzie and Butler pushing hard for selection again.

A few players will want to put in big games tonight.

Absolutely! Long did himself no harm, Stephens best game for BH so far, and DGB was good in patches. Thought Bennetts also did some nice things. We have a solid core of youngsters ready to take a shot when their time comes

They really were terrible all day
The lovely boundary umpire on the other hand😍
I think she had her own cheer squad
She had bigger quads than half our boys and boy could she run
They really were terrible all day
The lovely boundary umpire on the other hand😍
I think she had her own cheer squad
She had bigger quads than half our boys and boy could she run

Sorry but the comments and photos are pretty creepy, if this was my daughter I wouldn’t be happy seeing photos of her put up on big footy!

And just as I type this DGB is fighting like 3 Bullant players 😂
The father of one of Ants defenders that DGB was hassling in the last went off his nut. 😝 he was wearing a Cats cap so a few had a go back at him

I don’t mind Denver in the forward half. His defender will sure know he is around. His leading patterns were okay too.

Coach told him to enjoy himself in the forward line at 3/4 time

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mackenzie, Butler, and Ramsden make the VFL look like the under-12s. They're playing like they're prime Sam Mitchell, Breust, and Corey McKernan, respectively.

Wind picked up in the second qtr so there was a big advantage to scoring end of the ground. It was a nightmare kicking for goal from the right hand pocket against the breeze.

Ramma had a great game and he should have dominated as he was the tallest guy out there by atlest half a foot most of the time if not all game

Most have already covered CMAC2 and butsy so i will leave it there

Surely Sam whispers in Chad Wingard’s ear before tonight’s game that Butler is breathing down his neck and Luke Brooooooost is back next week.

10 clearances too (equal team high). Just as dominant a performance as Meek the week prior. We suddenly have a lot of competition which is very healthy for our list.

Agreed. Worth bearing in mind it was a much weaker opponent. But you can only beat whoever’s on the field.

I ventured out to Cramer st yesterday, second vfl game in person for the year. Ramsden was exceptional. Thought he was stiff to get dropped after 1 week and he played like he thought the same. McKenzie really powerful, going to need all the tricks as his pace might be questionable at next level. Can’t understand why dgb and blank don’t play afl, as KP players they need to play have good days and bad. Wasting time at VFL level. Butler had some luck but it was just reward for being hardest working player on the ground. Mightn’t have all the tricks but work ethic afl standard. With the exception of Morris throw a blanket over the majority other Hawthorn players who regardless of age are good vfl players but won’t play in a good Hawthorn senior side.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back