Game Day Round 7, 2024 : Hawks v Swans, 4pm MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, Chol has no brawl in him. He’s an open space player, not a contest maker. Apparently death, taxes and Chol being muscled out of a contest are the only certainties in life.
Don't blame Chol - blame the dickhead that keeps playing him as the only Key Forward...

Righto...

Lost at selection with Ramsden as sub.

Too short all over the ground.

The lads are mostly trying their guts out, and there are few passengers - but my oh my...

Any chance of Weddle forward and Hardwick back.

Ramsden on for the useless lazy Connor feckin McDonald.

Any feckin chance of ONE of our players going near Gulden?? McDonald watched him run past on 3 occasions FFS!

Chol - improved in 2nd quarter - but lads, Chol is being expected to ruck, play full forward, take marks down the line and is the only target forward over 6ft 1"

Sam Mitchell has had (another) selection mare.

We are actually playing better than the score suggests.

Make the changes above, and with Chol, Ramsden, Weddle and Gunston up forward, we might take a mark.

If the boys keep cracking in, we can still give them a game.

McDonald stays at Box Hill for the duration after this BS performance

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Highlight of the day is seeing Buddy, Lewis, and Roughead kids and family all out on the ground together.
What a generation we were trully blessed to witness! Great move by the club to get them around the faithful.
And the highlights package - when going to the footy each week was a joy.

The game is a lot closer than the score suggests is the only saving grace to the performance. I thought we were on top of them in general play the last quarter. We were able to lock it in our forwardline for a significant time.

We've been shafted by the umps inside 50 only for it to sail over the top for an opposition score. There's been close to a 36 point turn around (Newk not getting the high fend off free, Chol with his brainfart, Gunston with his 'front on push').
The game is a lot closer than the score suggests? Sheesh….i must be watching a different game. We are dead set shite

The brain fade is really the only thing Chol has done poorly.

He's been sold up s**t creek without a paddle as the lone KPP (Gunston isn't a KPP, hell I don't think he's even an AFL standard player anymore) and we are doing him no favours with the delivery.

He's competing 2 on 1 against a strong KPD combo.

At least he has got on his bike and tackled/chased. I'd have a dozen more players in the gun before Chol based on that first half.

Highlight of the day is seeing Buddy, Lewis, and Roughead kids and family all out on the ground together.
What a generation we were trully blessed to witness! Great move by the club to get them around the faithful.

I wonder if they stay great friends and the kids grow up together for holidays etc will it help long term and they will all want to play football together if they are all good enough.

We have a side that gets their hands on the ball only to use the worst skills in the comp by a mile and turn it over every time. Also cannot defend at all, ever. Our defence system is a total joke, yeah yeah guard space guard space with dogshit pressure and efforts and have the opposition pick their way through into the forward line with ease all day long every day . SYDNEY are pretty much the same age/list profile as us. Sam is getting embarrassed.
I’ll agree with you on the skill level. The age/list profile bit to a degree, Sydney have experienced leaders that drive the ship and can take up the slack when the young types lose their way ( we do not). The system is built around a work rate that is either too much effort for this crop, or they aren’t quite capable of just yet. It’s not all diamonds, but it ain’t all coal at the moment either.

Gah ah well. I expected Sydney to win - they are in red hot form and list is perfectly setup to challenge deep into finals. Horse also has coached for many millenia, so Sydney are always well structured.

We had to be at our best, but like last year, if we're off - we will get blown away.

I think we just need to re-adjust our expectations a bit. We probably outperformed our young list last year and we're underperforming the same way this year. The fluctuations of youth.

We are still a while away, and we just need to look for positives and green shoots, who will lead this club forward (unlike Norf who are in an even deeper pit):

- Meek is a massive win for this year, he is really leading even when not leading hitouts, he's having impact

- Moore is just such a club spirit leader for us. Strong, leads and just always busts a gut. Has been slightly better on ball use today than others.

- Frenchie, despite some ambitious plays, continues to emerge as real key cog

- Day is playing - that's a win in and of itself

- Finn is looking more and more a natural footballer and seems to be more settled at the level, rather than just a tagger. We need him to develop that game, otherwise he just wont be enough.

.... aaaand we hoepfully play out the second half a bit better :)

It's painful, but we need to just understand we are just nowhere near Sydney currently. They have players at slightly older ages, but with a good 50 games more under their belt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back