Preview Round 7: Sydney vs. Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just to set the record straight, we lost the grand final because we simply werent good enough in the clutch moments. Sydney wanted it more and we relied too much on individual brilliance rather than putting in a well balanced team effort like you guys did.

Yes we did waste a lot of oppotunities and had we kicked straight it wouldve been a different outcome, but that doesnt mean we deserved to win. One of the biggest misconceptions in football is the old "had we kicked straight" excuse, crock of s**t in my books, bad kicking is bad form and if you're good enough you slot them through.

For me the key to this game is spreading the hawks defense. If we pump it in long , the human spoiling machine and lake will have a field day. We need to create as many 1v 1 contests as possible. Goodses needs to be a big marking target this week. Also someone like ROK or Kennedy need to push forward hard and provide strong targets. If we can take the focus away from Reid who I think will get Gibson and diversify our forward entries. It will keep the hawks defense guessing and not cut off so many attacks. Will need jetta breaking lines on the overlap to catch out a hawks defense that zones off and goodes to kick 3+

Now that the Buddy maneuver has been given the green light, I think out oversized forward line should be able to put it into action to great effect.

I just read the game thread on the Hawks board and Hawks fans are very arrogant. They seem to believe that they are definitely going to win this game and if they don't it is because Vlad favours us or something. I am fine with them being confident as the Hawks are a great side but showing us (the Swans as a team) a little bit of respect would be nice.

What's the weather like in imagination-land? Cloudy?

Not only could I find almost none of the above, pretty much every poster thinks we are going to get beaten. Where on earth did you pull this from?

LOL @ the weather being a contributing factor to their GF loss according to one poster over there. Apparently the conditions forced it to be scrappy - I hate it when the Sun & Clouds make the ball wet.

Do you honestly believe that a wet windy day was not beneficial to Sydneys style of play?

You don't do you.

Better team won.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do you honestly believe that a wet windy day was not beneficial to Sydneys style of play?

You don't do you.

Better team won.

Not at all, we are a dry weather side

We won cos of talent simple as and mental strength

How did the myth start that we play well in the wet...

I think most footy media and press is vic based fair to say? I think they read we can tackle, see we have hard at it players and watched some highlights from a 2002 game and decide on an opinion of sydney, then opposition fans take it as gospel

But we, the heavy favorites in the game were not a wet weather side.

You can say what you want, but I dont think Longmire was upset when he saw the weather forecast.
Ummmm... Ok mate.

What we are trying to convey to you is the simple fact (despite what the media might have you believe) we are in no way a wet weather side. As such, weather did not play a hand in any advantage or disadvantage to either team as we are no better in the wet than the Hawks.

You will, I guess, disagree as I may do the same had we lost. The old "man the Hawks always play us better in the wet" might've gotten a run... But let me just state it once more, as clear as i can possibly make it... ahem...

The Sydney Swans (SMFC) are not currently (2013) or in the year of 2012 a good wet weather side. In fact, we are not better in the wet, I would suggest we are worse in the wet and have no kind of advantage in such conditions.

You can say what you want, but I dont think Longmire was upset when he saw the weather forecast.

It's not indoor cricket. Sometimes you'll have to face some conditions like a breeze or a light drizzle. Being the "heavy favourites" I could only assume Hawthorn can adapt reasonably to all conditions.

The Swans are not a good wet weather side, and it barely rained on grand final day anyway. We were better and won the game, excuses are for losers.

None of that will affect the result this Saturday. The grand final is over and this is a new game.

I don't know what that means but I'm very glad to hear it!

Last year I got tired of all the negative comments about our team, so i photoshopped the Rodney\I get no Respect avatar around the midway point of the season as my reply to the BF collective. He became my little lucky charm as it were given the way the rest of the year went, the 23rd man if you will.

And it perfectly captures the feeling among swans supporters. You always have the best avatars dude. :thumbsu:

Cheers.

People still take SHAKESPEAR and StevenWellerHFC seriously :p

Yeah nah, it's not just them. Not by a long shot.

A large number of posters over there believe that only bad luck is to blame when they lose to Sydney. When you have a couple of people blaming the weather for a grand final loss you know all is not right.

Unfortunately in reality the flag is ours and someone will have to take it from us.

Ok i will say longmire was upset when he saw the weather forecast if i can say what i want.

As for heavy favourites meant very little given hawthorn are favourites just about every year even now despite geelongs form etc

Last year I got tired of all the negative comments about our team, so i photoshopped the Rodney\I get no Respect avatar around the midway point of the season as my reply to the BF collective. He became my little lucky charm as it were given the way the rest of the year went, the 23rd man if you will.

Cheers.

Thought that was you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back