Autopsy Round 8, 2024: St.Kilda v North Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Afl umpiring is well below the standard it should be.
It was at times tonight....IMHO....appalling.

Rule NO-1 at a game is don't get too triggered by it....there's absolutely nothing we can do about it.

And you come
Across that way
Adam Sandler Genius GIF

Is ridiculous all the King bashers, when he's fit & healthy he's great. Comes back from injury, which he's had his fair share of. Has a poor game and the daggers come out to cull him. Fickle lot.

In fairness to them King gives them a lot of ammo with his general demenor and what looks like a lack of defensive effort

But some are way to emotional about it and forget about the facts and that he is still developing.

King is out of form and down on confidence.

Need to get him using his athleticism get him moving more.

Development is not linear, Same is happening to Pou as well.

They might need a spell in the ressies to get the confidence and swagger up, maybe they need a week off and maybe they might play through it and suddenly they are back in form.

Don’t want to have an argument but you realise Sinclair & Billings were best mates at Scotch and Windy & Mitch are Haileybury & Mentone Grammar?

Reality is almost all the gun kids are on sports scholarships at elite schools. Ps Sinclair & Billings paid full fees.

I don't think scholarships have anything to do with what I posted. That's a matter more for the parents than the kids.

And of course it's not all private school kids. Some of the guys I went to school with ended up perfectly well balanced.

But a lot of them had their life handed to them because of their family situation or their personal qualities - being attractive or good at sport or whatever - and then when they inevitably met adversity couldn't cope. I hope that's not Max but from the outside that's what he looks like to me.

Just watched the presser, fmd who's the reporter :tearsofjoy:

What modern journalism has become always fishing for controversy.
"
Will this become a rivalry game because of what happened preseason"

"Did you say anything about Wilson staying on" - yeh I did, 'good contest' lol

"Will you play north in finals in a few years" :dizzy:

how much do they get paid because I've been looking for a career change and a passed grade 3 in flying colours.
Some kid making the most of the opportunity with an otherwise empty room.

Not commenting on who you thought were more down to earth - just saying Billings and Sincs had very similar backgrounds- one is a 2 time AA - the other hasn’t lived up to what we all hoped for.
One also has stress fractures and broken legs when he was set to peak and the other has had a relatively clean bill of health.

Obviously North are the bottom side but I didn't get the sense they were atrocious today.. maybe I'm looking at it through rose coloured glasses but they weren't the worst side I've seen today.
Agree there BTS.

At times,North looked pretty damn good.

Don’t want to have an argument but you realise Sinclair & Billings were best mates at Scotch and Windy & Mitch are Haileybury & Mentone Grammar?

Reality is almost all the gun kids are on sports scholarships at elite schools. Ps Sinclair & Billings paid full fees.
Players who went to private schools

• Toby green
  • Josh Kelly
  • Marcus Bontempelli
  • Jack Sinclair
  • Petracca
  • daicos
The list is endless is a misconception that these guys have it easy. Let me say this. To become good or even make it to AFL you have to work exceptionally hard more then any of us know. You cannot just use your ‘connections’ or ‘private school’ your way into AFL.

I don't think scholarships have anything to do with what I posted. That's a matter more for the parents than the kids.

And of course it's not all private school kids. Some of the guys I went to school with ended up perfectly well balanced.

But a lot of them had their life handed to them because of their family situation or their personal qualities - being attractive or good at sport or whatever - and then when they inevitably met adversity couldn't cope. I hope that's not Max but from the outside that's what he looks like to me.
Seriously, turn it up. Max ruptured his ACL in his 18th year. No ‘adversity’ though. Has played with big injuries including a bung shoulder last year. No ‘adversity’

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A solid win. Kicking better inside 50. Good return performances for Webster, Wood and Hayes. Immediately we look more settled and experienced. Phillipou was unsighted in the second half. It’s concerning but he’s very young.

King is a bigger concern. I expected a lot more from him today but I feel he’ll be able to work into it over the next few weeks. He needs continuity. Hayes and Membrey will take some pressure off him but he’ll still get the best key defender so it’s up to him to work through it.

I rarely say much in autopsies of games. But that last quarter was thought terrible.

Max needs either to go back to the seconds or something else. Lack of confidence

I went to a prematch function in Launny a few years ago. Billings parents were there in outfits they probably dropped 1K ea for

Membrey's Dad was there in his Yakka truckie work clothes

I know who Id rather have chatted to
Sainter66....your getting me into "flashback mode"

Incredibly....I was only talking to some people tonight at the game who sit next to us, about that very function.....they were also there that afternoon/night.

That was the best pre match function that I've ever been to and they all said the same thing.

Right next to the ground and it was absolutely packed.

I had to stand outside one of the double doors and occasionally stick my head around the corner to hear what was being said inside.......and there were heaps of us standing outside..

It was crazy...lol.

I thought Members Dad was an absolute classic.....I remember him well.

Hmmm yes, I totally agree with you bunch of armchair coaches that the best way to treat a player coming back from injury, having a bad game and down on confidence is to s**t on him for nearly 8 pages straight, question his integrity as a person and invent dumb as s**t trade scenarios due to that terrible crime of not having a good day in what was a fairly decent win.

Can’t expect North to bend over every week and cop 69 point losses. We needed to get back on track, improve some areas and get the win. Work to do still, players are coming back

Maybe they want to see Mitch show a bit more there before they give him more time?

Most matches he gets a bit of a run in the middle, (10-15 mins) and generally he doesn't do much.

No doubt he can be a good mid in the end if he wants too but I reckon he has as much learning to do in that space as he does as a forward and he wants to be a forward.

We get bullied in the midfield all the time.

We need a contested beast in there.

We have one... but he spends very little time there.

Back him in. In a year, we'll be really glad we did.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back