Toast Round 8 = Carlton 79-85 Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

In my life time Carlton just continue to be the joker, the team easily mocked, a loser club. We are winners and far superior in every way and once again have proven it tonight
I am obviously older than you. Growing up, over half my family followed Carlton. Two of my late uncles were involved with the club from early 70's to late 90's. Even if half the stories were true then, they cheated their way to the 1979, 87 and 95 flags. The evidence of their systemic salary cap cheating should have had them stripped of the 1995 flag. I hope their misery continues

On SM-N975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I am obviously older than you. Growing up, over half my family followed Carlton. Two of my late uncles were involved with the club from early 70's to late 90's. Even if half the stories were true then, they cheated their way to the 1979, 87 and 95 flags. The evidence of their systemic salary cap cheating should have had them stripped of the 1995 flag. I hope their misery continues

how did they cheat in 79? there was no cap then.

It was very dull, and then Hodge is moaning about Pendles' kick from the next centre clearance claiming it's deliberate.

We deserve better than the rubbish that Ch7 produces.
My god I’m listening to Crunch time this morning and Hodge is having a major whinge about the Pendles kick, ffs. This flog won’t let it go.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone figured out how Cerra got a free kick for planting a hand in Elliots face in the 3rd quarter? I legit think the umpire forgot who hit who high. Never seen that before.
We never get the rub of the green on the 50/50's or the obvious ones. It has to be blatantly obvious to be rewarded a free.

Don’t if it’s been mentioned but Jamie Elliott was massive for us halving contests against whoever they put on him. Both he and Mihocek were crucial despite not hitting the score board. Praying they don’t get too banged up pre finals. Have only seen Begg a couple times in the twos, hope he’s using a Brody as motivation.

My god I’m listening to Crunch time this morning and Hodge is having a major whinge about the Pendles kick, ffs. This flog won’t let it go.
Pendlebury’s kick was for space to kill time rather than trying to find the boundary. Very smartly weighted. Even though it trickled over the line the lead up player just got close enough. Despite Hodge’s angst last night there’s no rule saying a player has to kick the footy forward.

Very gracious B_1864

I would barrack for Satan against Carlton
I know you would Walter - I have read your searing account of the aftermath of the 1979 and 1981 Grand Finals, which I credit for (a) helping me understand that Collingwood supporters are people too, and (b) warming the cockles of my heart...

Collingwood were the better side last night, margin might have flattered us in the end. We just have to get better... but there is plenty of scope for improvement. I think we have a return fixture later this year (again - is that 3 years in a row?) - see you then.

Hahaha oh wow, Carlton board is rolled gold tonight.

“Not the end of the world.

6 day break with the injury list we have.

They're missing 1 decent player and had 8 days rest.

Expected loss.”

And a lot of mention of umpires.

Strongly recommend for a laugh
Saad?? they miss his 5 metre sideways kicks??

Yessssssss

And a sincere fk you to all my Carlton mates who have been riding me all week.

I was silent, I was humble, we were victorious…

That is all
Same, i've heard all week that they are gonna smash us, from Carlton, neutral and Pies supporters. Some of the rubbish i've heard from Carlton supporters, it goes beyond just friendly banter, they get very personal.

McKay has a chokehold on Frampton ffs

Frampton did have his arm around him, but what take priority in this case, a high contact or an arm around a player? the high contact should, but in the heat of the moment, play on.

Voss out-coached

Hopefully he will keep slamming their premiership window on his nads
Watching the replay and i saw footage of Crazy Vossy going apesh!t at a player, then you see footage of Fly when one of our players makes a mistake, you can see he is disappoint, but he remains calm and in control, Voss might want to act like Fly, but he isn't fly. Out couched and they have no anwsers other than kick it to McKay or Curnow, Owies got a couple of goals because we were too concerned about McKay and Curnow, but i'd rather he kick a couple than letting McKay and Curnow off the leach.

It's hard to agree with their assessment of HH:

"...
Harvey Harrison: C

Rotated at half-forward and kicked a goal but didn’t have a say on the contest.
..."
I thought he played a very similar game to Sully and Sully got a A-, oh well, they both had a great game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back