Round 8 Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What score is Dangerfield on?

Not even Carlton's recruiters would **** up multiple first round picks, all of those players outside of Lucas and Watson that you've listed are 2nd rounders and below, Garlett was off the rookie list. Maybe only Melbourne given their history would have farked it up with a dozen first rounders in each draft.
But I'm not sitting here talking pot shots at another club, so Melbourne is largely irrelevant.

But I'm not sitting here talking pot shots at another club, so Melbourne is largely irrelevant.
Your club is one of the ones who could be the biggest victim of all from these new clubs, you're hardly built on a solid foundation right now. I'd rather see a strong Melbounre with its tradition and history than a Melbourne dying with these new soulless franchises successful.

Yeh was really tough for them at the drafting table, impossible how they did what they have done.
If Carlton hadn't rorted the salary cap, they may well have had multiple round 1 draft picks themselves.

If Carlton hadn't rorted the salary cap, they may well have had multiple round 1 draft picks themselves.
The financial penalties hurt the club alot more than the lost draft picks, nor were they ever going to hoard them considering clubs would only get one priority pick in those days and not ten.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The financial penalties hurt the club alot more than the lost draft picks, nor were they ever going to hoard them considering clubs would only get one priority pick in those days and not ten.
Goddard says hi

:p:p

Your club is one of the ones who could be the biggest victim of all from these new clubs, you're hardly built on a solid foundation right now. I'd rather see a strong Melbounre with its tradition and history than a Melbourne dying with these new soulless franchises successful.
No. My club is a victim of making stupid draft picks in the past ten years. Morton, Watts, Scully, Trengrove. We've got no one to blame but ourselves. I didn't believe in bringing in GC or GWS, but they're here, and bitching and complaining about it won't change a thing. The other clubs (all 16 IIRC) agreed with the draft concessions to GC/GWS. If anyone's to blame, it's them. It is what it is.

i realise id be one of the few that feel this way.
but id love them to just kik out all the post 1990 clubs go back the vfl.
bring back the biff and 2$ pies at the g.
vfl always had the best players anyways. why do we need the gc?

No. My club is a victim of making stupid draft picks in the past ten years. Morton, Watts, Scully, Trengrove. We've got no one to blame but ourselves. I didn't believe in GC or GWS, but they're here, and bitching and complaining about it won't change a thing. The other clubs (all 16 IIRC) agreed with the draft concessions to GC/GWS. If anyone's to blame, it's them. It is what it is.
They "agreed" with the AFL, they were hardly going to go against them were they. What would happen to North or Melbourne or the other clubs do you reckon if they didn't agree?

FWIW Syd, Bris and WCE were in the comp in 1990.

They "agreed" with the AFL, they were hardly going to go against them were they. What would happen to North or Melbourne or the other clubs do you reckon if they didn't agree?
Why did they agree though? That's the point. Collingwood, Carlton, Essendon, Richmond - all the big clubs agreed too.

Cool I like that idea, then WCE can beat up on your sorry arses, ha, ha.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back