Shield Round 9 NSW v Victoria, Albury, 2-5 March 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

as much as we all dislike NSW we need our biggest state producing players and this is just awful watching this team, i know the Aus players are away but are there others missing? a few of these wouldn't get a game for Tas or SA
Half those sides are NSWman who couldn't get a game for NSW in front of these guys to be fair :).

as much as we all dislike NSW we need our biggest state producing players and this is just awful watching this team, i know the Aus players are away but are there others missing? a few of these wouldn't get a game for Tas or SA
Tremain is injured, I think Sangha has a niggle too?

He's got genuine pace. He's going to go for runs a hell of a lot but he will pick up wickets as a strike bowler. Hack is really harsh.
He's quick but sprays it and his FC average shows his quality. Do not rate at all.

This is the worst pitch I've seen at Shield level.

Day 2 and it's incredibly hard work for both bowlers and batters. Exactly what you don't want in a pitch.

I don't blame the curators. It's tough in the country to provide FC quality pitches. Should be somewhere in the city.

Chandrasinghe, after his century on debut has averaged 11.8 in his past 12 innings, including a score of 67. Those people who have been watching him, how's he travelling?
Bit like Renshaw early doors cant score to save himself

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is the worst pitch I've seen at Shield level.

Day 2 and it's incredibly hard work for both bowlers and batters. Exactly what you don't want in a pitch.

I don't blame the curators. It's tough in the country to provide FC quality pitches. Should be somewhere in the city.

To be fair the pitches at blacktown/bankstown/NSO/Drummoyne are always dull as anything too. The SCG is barely used for domestic Cricket these days and even then some of the pitches were a joke. NSW need to lift.

Might be over today the way the team from the crappy side of the river is batting.

To be fair the pitches at blacktown/bankstown/NSO/Drummoyne are always dull as anything too. The SCG is barely used for domestic Cricket these days and even then some of the pitches were a joke. NSW need to lift.
I might be in the minority but I don't mind pitches that are roads to start and go to spin. I feel like a lot of the issues in Aussie cricket stem from the fact that curators feel the pressure of putting juice in it early

Remove this Banner Ad

Back