Captains Round 9 VC/Captain

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only real VC options for me are Parker & Gray. Have to work tomorrow and will need to make a quick decision on Gray B4 the GWS game. Maybe even before the end of the game. Might be the safer bet to just go Parker tonight I think. Captain Fyfe/Pendles. Actually wouldn't mind if the gave Mitch Clarke or Jack Lonie a rest this week. Would make the choice very easy

As I just posted in the round 9 discussion thread, it's a dry track up here tonight. The forecast rain never eventuated. Been dry since midday. Significant for those thinking of VC'ing Buddy.

I really want to go Fyfe into Pendles, but if Buddy kicks 13 tonight and I don't VC him I will smash my face through this monitor (repeatedly) later tonight.

Hey Guys,

Just wanted advice to ensure I'm doing the right thing for loophole.

I want to use JPK as a loophole for tonight's game, is the below the correct move?

Select JPK from tonight's game as VC and Lambert (injured) as Captain and move on to the field. Then move Krakouer to bench as emergency.

If JPK scores well I then leave everything the way it is and JPK will gain captain score and krak will score in replace of Lambert.

If he doesn't score well can I still make Fyfe captain after tonight's game and take lambert off replacing Krak and select Fyfe as captain

JPK's game is tonight and Lamberts (injured) game and Fyfe's is at the same time tomorrow

Sorry sounds simple to some but want to be sure :)

Hey Guys,

Just wanted advice to ensure I'm doing the right thing for loophole.

I want to use JPK as a loophole for tonight's game, is the below the correct move?

Select JPK from tonight's game as VC and Lambert (injured) as Captain and move on to the field. Then move Krakouer to bench as emergency.

If JPK scores well I then leave everything the way it is and JPK will gain captain score and krak will score in replace of Lambert.

If he doesn't score well can I still make Fyfe captain after tonight's game and take lambert off replacing Krak and select Fyfe as captain

JPK's game is tonight and Lamberts (injured) game and Fyfe's is at the same time tomorrow

Sorry sounds simple to some but want to be sure :)
Yep

Tossing up JPK and Buddy. Should go Buddy because he will get enough ball to go very large but may play it safe with JPK. Guess I'll keep an eye on the weather as well.

Maybe I'll have a few more Coronas before I decide :$ It is hard putting the VC on a bloke that scored 40 but I can see JPK losing interest when they are that far ahead and going 90-120 which isn't enough with Fyfe the way he's going. Buddy kicks 8 and he's 160+ which is awfully tempting.

I really want to go Fyfe into Pendles, but if Buddy kicks 13 tonight and I don't VC him I will smash my face through this monitor (repeatedly) later tonight.

But if you do vc buddy and he only kicks 3 or 4 you'll smash your face through the monitor as well. My advice would be go Fyfe and Pendles- just enjoy the ride buddy gives you tonight (hopefully for you anyway. I don't have buddy)

But if you do vc buddy and he only kicks 3 or 4 you'll smash your face through the monitor as well. My advice would be go Fyfe and Pendles- just enjoy the ride buddy gives you tonight (hopefully for you anyway. I don't have buddy)
You don't really lose anything if Buddy only gets 80 points or something, just pick one of Pendles or Fyfe and you're away!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Went with buddy as VC as he will (hopefully) be more unique than gray. Knowing my captaincy luck he'll get a 50.

Can't go past Fyfe as c.

I go the other way where possible and VC Fyfe. I figure every man and his dog have Fyfe as captain. When (more like IF) he has a crap round there's scope to make some real good ground, because most guys would pass on a VC score of 120 odd with Fyfe up their sleeve.

Good luck to everyone tonight.. Im hoping for a plus 3500.. Will i get it? Fk no, and im having a smokey vc loop hole no one here has mentioned this week.. i'll let yas know how it goes!

After reading the whole thread.. Theres one other with my idea in here.. Its a ripping VC option!

Last edited:
I go the other way where possible and VC Fyfe. I figure every man and his dog have Fyfe as captain. When (more like IF) he has a crap round there's scope to make some real good ground, because most guys would pass on a VC score of 120 odd with Fyfe up their sleeve.

That's a good point. Although I don't have Pendles.

Parkers a great choice but I just can't ignore a 'potential' BANG in Buddy. He's still a POD and a huge vc score will be valuable.

Been waiting all season for him to bust out. He's farken due.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back