Round ball code talk

Remove this Banner Ad

wonder if AU will cop the same scrutiny for paying out a coach that we did... except they have to pay out 2.5 seasons for Coolen...

Thats OK, Mr Gerrad decision to sack Rini means he has plenty in the bank!!!

It's his baby isn't it?

The partnership with North Adelaide reaping huge dividends.

I though exactly the same thing. Looks like Greg Griffen out smarted himslef this time.

I may be wrong but I reckon they re-signed Rini to a 4 year contract at the end of last season?

I though exactly the same thing. Looks like Greg Griffen out smarted himslef this time.

I may be wrong but I reckon they re-signed Rini to a 4 year contract at the end of last season?

Yes they did his wages should have gone to Flores instead :) see the theme here? :)

Go you ... Reds?

212014-john-kosmina.jpg

Bit of a subliminal message from the North connection ... like they say, there's only two types of supporter in SA - Port supporters and those who want to be.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This has nothing to do with Port, but it was so laughably South Australian that I couldn't help but post it. Saw an article in the Rag today (don't judge, I was at my girlfriend's place waiting for her to wake up and I had nothing better to do) about how Adelaide Utd should attempt to attract a marquee player. Some of the names mentioned; John Terry, Frank Lampard, Rio Ferdinand, Andrea Pirlo. The first three have locked in places in probably the two biggest clubs in the biggest sporting league on the planet and Pirlo is arguably a top 10 player in the world playing for the biggest and best club in his home country, but sure, why wouldn't they take a MASSIVE paycut to come to a non-soccer country and play for a team that doesn't look like they'll even make the finals this year!

This has nothing to do with Port, but it was so laughably South Australian that I couldn't help but post it. Saw an article in the Rag today (don't judge, I was at my girlfriend's place waiting for her to wake up and I had nothing better to do) about how Adelaide Utd should attempt to attract a marquee player. Some of the names mentioned; John Terry, Frank Lampard, Rio Ferdinand, Andrea Pirlo. The first three have locked in places in probably the two biggest clubs in the biggest sporting league on the planet and Pirlo is arguably a top 10 player in the world playing for the biggest and best club in his home country, but sure, why wouldn't they take a MASSIVE paycut to come to a non-soccer country and play for a team that doesn't look like they'll even make the finals this year!

You realize they are only 3 points from 3rd place, right?

Jeez the A-Leagues standard is a joke.
Heskey is treated like Richard Tambling over in the UK. But in Australia he is a BIG signing.

It makes sense when you consider the money available. The money in UK soccer is mindboggling, and A-League clubs are paying way unders to get players like Heskey. I would guess the players come here for the lifestyle as much as the money.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back