Discussion Rugby League/Union Kits discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

As a huge Marvel fanboy, I am devastated on several fronts with those jerseys. Firstly, that they look so much better than the weak Batman & Superman efforts my club came out with. And second, that they are all teams I despise! The stupid Rooters get Captain America? Blasphemy!

Melbourne Rising, the newest team in the NRC, launched today

452631740_10.jpg

I'm a big fan of the Melbourne Rebels, so I'll support these guys in the magoos, but I'm torn on this jersey...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Titans close the gap round jersey
7501_18508_1608.jpg

So well presented, hopefully other teams will get that Indigenous designs can be done without looking horrible.

Dragons Close The Gap Round Jersey
$_3.JPG

A Indigenous jersey that has no Indigenous art? Hmmm interesting concept.

Front-on of Melbourne...

10570062_619794234808634_16262150_n.jpg
I really like the Rising jersey. Rather than just going with the stock standard Victorian colors in a boring design or just aping the Rebels, they have added a pop of color, much like Storm have done with the purple. Also feel the sponsor logo isn't as intrusive as it could have been, which is nice.

I will buy this jersey and wear it with pride!

I really like the Rising jersey. Rather than just going with the stock standard Victorian colors in a boring design or just aping the Rebels, they have added a pop of color, much like Storm have done with the purple. Also feel the sponsor logo isn't as intrusive as it could have been, which is nice.

I will buy this jersey and wear it with pride!

I like that it is a unique and distinct jumper, I'm just not sure on the pink. Mind you, if we wore red instead, that jersey would immediately become boring and 'done.'

This is an excellent design. I assume it's a contemporary indigenous piece? It's nice to see someone crediting Aboriginal art with something apart from cave-art style scribbles.

Hopefully this more sophisticated approach will catch on.....

Apparently it is the Illawarra Flame tree which has significance to the Indigenous people of the area. It is tied to the club as the Illawarra Steelers wore red because of it, and was also going to be the inspiration for the team name (Flames) before Steelers was eventually chosen.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back