Rumour The Thread formerly known as the rumour file, now with zero rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dangerfield is without a doubt in the top few 6 players in the comp.

Gazza clearly number 1 with Selwood, Fyfe, Pendlebury, Dangerfield, Franklin all around the same level after that.

not yet.. imo

not yet.. imo

...any particular reason why? He is an absolute beast, single handedly got them over the line against us. Probably wins the Brownlow if he didn't get suspended. I'd take Fyfe over Danger and Selwood, and that's not to say I don't think either of those guys are top tier players.

...any particular reason why? He is an absolute beast, single handedly got them over the line against us. Probably wins the Brownlow if he didn't get suspended. I'd take Fyfe over Danger and Selwood, and that's not to say I don't think either of those guys are top tier players.

Priddis won the brownlow :p

Not cheap, just not for $900,000+ per season. Did someone mention earlier, either rumor or hypothetically something about Treloar? Well if you had a choice you'd probably take Treloar. No knock on Dangerfield, he's a very good player but for the money he's going to be on, you have to question it. I'm not in the AFL system so really I have no idea who is a posability. Would be wrapped to get Dangerfield but I'm always sceptical when it comes at a huge cost to the salary cap.
To be honest, Treloar would also come across on a massive pay packet if we were to entice him. Maybe not the million or so Dangerfield will get, but not far behind either. Very highly rated.

Am i the only one who's rather we signed Rory Sloane then Dangerfield. Danger is a nice, razzle dazzle sort of player, who sometimes is prone to have low possie games, but Sloane is like a rock of Gibraltar,absolutely does his job, week in, week out, arguably the most fearless player in the game today, puts his body on the line so often i actually fear for his safety. We certainly could use more contested possession gatherers like him :)

Sloane for me too. Complete footballer.

To be honest, Treloar would also come across on a massive pay packet if we were to entice him. Maybe not the million or so Dangerfield will get, but not far behind either. Very highly rated.
Yeah I agree, I recon if Dangerfield moves he'll end up on 1M per season or maybe a little more, I'd feel uncomfortable with that. Maybe a younger player might come across at 600-900K. All theory at this stage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The difference between Dangerfield & Treloar is Dangerfield is a free agent next season, if we were to get Treloar we would have to sacrifice at least a 1st & 2nd round pick. I'm not sure if Carlton are willing to make that kind if sacrifice

They'll need to weigh it up like we did with the Jaksch trade.
He'd slot straight into our midfield though, and would make an impact very early on.

They'll need to weigh it up like we did with the Jaksch trade.
He'd slot straight into our midfield though, and would make an impact very early on.
Really don't need the comma before 'and' here. Fair dinkum......

He'd slot straight into our midfield though and would make an impact very early on.

Cleaner and reads smoothly. No Hollywood, bearded men or same-sex marriage issues to cloud the statement.

He'd slot straight into our midfield though and would make an impact very early on.

Cleaner and reads smoothly. No Hollywood, bearded men or same-sex marriage issues to cloud the statement.

Would you accept that the comma was there for dramatic effect?

He'd slot straight into our midfield though, (dun dun dunnnn) and would make an impact very early on.

No? I'll let it go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back