Rumour The Thread formerly known as the rumour file, now with zero rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fitz is a 'clean skin' businessman - sold his infrastructure fund to Westpac and now enjoys sitting on the Commission - getting to have the final say on who the net CEO will be and double checking the $'s that the AFL brings in via FOX TV etc..all the while having fun with nice blokes like Bill Kelty* I would sayon balance not interested in taking on Pratts/Matheson types..who are on the shadier side of the ledger..

*even though he supports the scum..

of course he would probably be the best President Carlton could get as he would be able to draw on a totally different type of sponsor and probably also has the weight to see the Matheson types out...- just don't think he would be interested as the Board currently stands..

Fitz has been working with the big picture side of things for the AFL for awhile now. Would love to have him if he was geniunely interested in leading the club.

We already know that he still support Carlton so passion isn't a issue.

There's a massive difference between having passion as a supporter for a club and having the passion to be president of the club. It is a gigantic undertaking that if someone were to feel less than one hundred percent committed to the role you're doing untold damage to the organization.

There's a massive difference between having passion as a supporter for a club and having the passion to be president of the club. It is a gigantic undertaking that if someone were to feel less than one hundred percent committed to the role you're doing untold damage to the organization.

I meant to say to that we already know is a Carlton supporter.

Already mentioned that I would love to have him if he was geniunely interested in been president of the club.

Tom Elliot seems rather uncertain at the moment which is why I've gone cold on him.

Fitz is a 'clean skin' businessman - sold his infrastructure fund to Westpac and now enjoys sitting on the Commission - getting to have the final say on who the net CEO will be and double checking the $'s that the AFL brings in via FOX TV etc..all the while having fun with nice blokes like Bill Kelty* I would sayon balance not interested in taking on Pratts/Matheson types..who are on the shadier side of the ledger..

*even though he supports the scum..

of course he would probably be the best President Carlton could get as he would be able to draw on a totally different type of sponsor and probably also has the weight to see the Matheson types out...- just don't think he would be interested as the Board currently stands..
Could we be starting to see the next board informally form up?

Fitzy as president, Elliott (Tom) as CEO and Brown as the vice president?

Fitz has been working with the big picture side of things for the AFL for awhile now. Would love to have him if he was geniunely interested in leading the club.

You never know - he may be 'coerced' into taking the role by the AFL.

Didn't I read a newspaper that the AFL is a little concerned that one of its bigger brands in Carlton is struggling both on-field and with membership.

Could we be starting to see the next board informally form up?

Fitzy as president, Elliott (Tom) as CEO and Brown as the vice president?

Wouldn't have a clue Dramoth - I don't know Tom Elliott, had arguments with his father but a lot of people in business have had that experience...I don't think Matheson has the right to shoot his mouth off as much as he does - but by golly he has helped set the Club up financially...people are under-estimating the cash the the pokie business is going to deliver to carlton ( Collingwood and Hawthorn have had a ten year head start on us via pokies) - I guess that has 'afforded' him a lot of 'elbow room' and respect...

Carlton doesn't attract the typical business suit types - because the Pratts and Matheson types aren't corporate business types...they are just immensely rich private company types...

geelong has mastered the art of beggary regarding handouts from Government
hawthorn are pokie kings and Tasmania handouts
Collingwood have Pratt money ( via son in law) and Corporate sponsors because of membership base - but no one talks about it...
essenDONE have Little but also a lot of influential peopel around town ( Kelty as a Commissioner acted inappropriately regarding ASADA interviews on Essendon players I reckon)

Carlton has a 'seedy' rep because of Elliott / Pratt connection

Fitzy taking on job would clean up Carlton overnight...as far as 'image' goes..
I'd like to see it..

there are a lot of 'oxygen bandits' on the Carlton Board..waste of timers who bring nothing much to the Club - Fahmour is one of them*
eg where is the Aussie POST sponsorship mate?

On Gibbs
1-the club will be better of with the compo pick we get for him + the cap space he'd leave
2-he's a blouse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Didn't I read a newspaper that the AFL is a little concerned that one of its bigger brands in Carlton is struggling both on-field and with membership.

Hasn't stopped them putting the boots in whenever they've had the opportunity.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just wondering what people made of this episode of 'the grill'. When asked who was a coaches pet and most likely to be invited around for dinner by the coach, all Carlton players said Daisy without hesitation and almost a bit of disdain.

I know this is a bit of a leap, but the rumors circulating about how many of our boys view Mick (and daisy) as collingwood, and therefore not trying their hardest for him, may have some merit.

Yeah, it's a pisstake but that still shits me a bit.

A coach being so openly favourable towards a certain player (who is new to the club) would s**t other players to no end.
Yeah i know it's meant to be funny and a bit of a laugh but something about it touched a raw nerve for me, and yeah like you said i dont think its very healthy for the club that all the players seem to openly know that daisy is micks favorite.

Just wondering what people made of this episode of 'the grill'. When asked who was a coaches pet and most likely to be invited around for dinner by the coach, all Carlton players said Daisy without hesitation and almost a bit of disdain.

I know this is a bit of a leap, but the rumors circulating about how many of our boys view Mick (and daisy) as collingwood, and therefore not trying their hardest for him, may have some merit.
If this has any merit, it would demonstrate what a precious bunch some of them (not all) are.

Ron Barassi always had a soft spot for Brent Crosswell, but that didn't stop the rest of the North Melbourne team from giving their best, ultimately winning 2 premierships.

I get the feeling some supporters are jumping at shadows because of the relentless media focus on our club this week.

If this has any merit, it would demonstrate what a precious bunch some of them (not all) are.

Ron Barassi always had a soft spot for Brent Crosswell, but that didn't stop the rest of the North Melbourne team from giving their best, ultimately winning 2 premierships.

I get the feeling some supporters are jumping at shadows because of the relentless media focus on our club this week.

Yeah i agree they should be professional enough to ignore such things and just get on with it but just because they should, doesn't mean they are. It would probably rub me the wrong way if one of my team mates was on 700,000, not performing and was a coaches pet. Who are both from the same club.

Having said all that I think i am jumping at shadows because of what's been speculated in the media, there is probably nothing to it, just trying to make sense of the lack of heart on the field :(

Yeah i agree they should be professional enough to ignore such things and just get on with it but just because they should, doesn't mean they are. It would probably rub me the wrong way if one of my team mates was on 700,000, not performing and was a coaches pet. Who are both from the same club.

Having said all that I think i am jumping at shadows because of what's been speculated in the media, there is probably nothing to it, just trying to make sense of the lack of heart on the field :(

Not performing? Hahaha while he's not been the best, he's been far from the worst. His contributions to date cannot simply be measured by fantasy points and stats. Only 4 games into comeback btw..

Not performing? Hahaha while he's not been the best, he's been far from the worst. His contributions to date cannot simply be measured by fantasy points and stats. Only 4 games into comeback btw..

I didn't say he was the worst in the side, but no I don't think he is performing. I realise he is only 4 games back after a long stint out with injury and i really hope he finds some form and succeeds. I'm not ripping on Thomas here, was just speculating on the rumors that the players might have some animosity towards the relationship between Thomas and Malthouse. Probably nothing to it though, just wanted to see what others thought about it.

Rumour has it (quality source) after big wins Mick would sometimes get in the ice baths with the players, and just sit there and not say anything haha, bit of a weird thing (you didnt do anything mick :p) but surely that kind of man who is so involved in the team would be hard to hate, I think its all a bit over blown to be honest

Rumour has it (quality source) after big wins Mick would sometimes get in the ice baths with the players, and just sit there and not say anything haha, bit of a weird thing (you didnt do anything mick :p) but surely that kind of man who is so involved in the team would be hard to hate, I think its all a bit over blown to be honest

Ice is very good for the aging process ... so I guess it makes sense?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back