Official Match Thread S18 R07 - Gold City Royals vs Las Vegas Bears at The Golden Throne

Remove this Banner Ad

I like the arrogance coming from these Royals, will make it all the more sweeter when they become the laughing stock of the competition as our first victory this season.

Live in fear Royals, live in fear.

An unofficial study found nine out of ten Royals believe the Bears will win this week. Meanwhile, a rival study concluded nine out of ten Royals also can't believe it's not butter. So there's that.

I like the arrogance coming from these Royals, will make it all the more sweeter when they become the laughing stock of the competition as our first victory this season.

Live in fear Royals, live in fear.

Arrogance? We know where we are at and it ain't amazing. We are here to achieve a combined effort for most turnovers in a match and help you achieve something this season, even if it's shared world record.

We do live in fear. Not because we might lose to you, we are used to helping team find a bit of form. Mostly we are fearful of spiders. * em. However as your captains assistant juggalo balla pointed out we are an on field potato farm and this is your best chance to win so far this season. If you don't beat us, you better hope Ross Lyon becomes the Warriors next coach and he rests all his players when you next meet because if you can't get past us you probably couldn't even beat yourselves.

Fun Fact #229: the last time Juggs posted a winning team sheet for premiership points was round 16 last year, and that was against ...the Royals-- s**t. Oh my God, we're gonna lose! Run!

That reminds me: captain's wisdom #4: running during the game might actually be a good idea. You could avoid the opposition better that way.

Arrogance? We know where we are at and it ain't amazing. We are here to achieve a combined effort for most turnovers in a match and help you achieve something this season, even if it's shared world record.

We do live in fear. Not because we might lose to you, we are used to helping team find a bit of form. Mostly we are fearful of spiders. **** em. However as your captains assistant juggalo balla pointed out we are an on field potato farm and this is your best chance to win so far this season. If you don't beat us, you better hope Ross Lyon becomes the Warriors next coach and he rests all his players when you next meet because if you can't get past us you probably couldn't even beat yourselves.
Stop trying to jinx us.

I just need to check pantskyle ... those sanctions that were imposed by okeydoke7 before the season commenced that involved us remaining winless for a certain period of the season... the sanctions that we're keeping on the down-low for fear of more sanctions... we've met our obligations and we're free to start winning matches now, right?

I haven't been here in a while. This is the leadership pm yeah?
<injunction>

Betamax, (and yes we had one)
Was that the only sliding doors moment in technology you were wrong about?

Do you own a Zune? ;)

pantskyle DemonJim what's the main role of a captain then? So what do you actually do, basically?

Pants - You were ready to be captain. You took over the Bears bid wonderfully. You essentially ran the show. But why has that come to a stop now that the club is in?

Your lack of confidence, apparently, has seen you hire DJ as a co-captain. Good decision, I suppose, if you were unsure. Or even if you felt like you needed to share the workload. But then you essentially hired a THIRD captain so they could post the team? Between you and DJ nobody could post a team?

Leadership within a club is about internal action. But outside the club, leaders also need to be seen to be leaders. I don't think that's shallow I think it is a reality. You will quickly fall to the perception that you do very little. The role of captain is as easy or hard as you make it. But the PRIMARY role of a captain is selecting the bloody team.

DJ old boy - You've made a career out of criticism without performing yourself. Now, even as a captain, you're letting other people do the work? Interesting.

"If you are insinuating that someone that is not a C/VC naming the team has a direct correlation to the chances of us winning on any given Sunday means you are either deluded, or... yeah... deluded."

Well of course not. But we insinuate plenty. If I insinuate that Pants being played in the ruck will cost you the match is that delusional? If I say that because I am a poor FF the Royals have had a poor season am I delusional? Of course not, it's the game.

Juggs has been given responsibility for naming the team. He has a 0% strike rate from 6 games. Given the sim is random, there's actually a 1 in 64 chance of achieving that. Juggalo Balla and the Bears should buy a Powerball ticket.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeh, you would.

Typical squib. Let's hope you're a little bit more competitive on the field.
Hey you jumped up and down without first reading the fine print.

Next test is to see how high you can jump after being branded with my foot print in the middle of your back. Let's hope you take defeat like a man next time around.

Don't train, drink booze
profit.
Well 6 weeks of doing this has yielded zero profit...
pantskyle DemonJim what's the main role of a captain then? So what do you actually do, basically?

Pants - You were ready to be captain. You took over the Bears bid wonderfully. You essentially ran the show. But why has that come to a stop now that the club is in?

Your lack of confidence, apparently, has seen you hire DJ as a co-captain. Good decision, I suppose, if you were unsure. Or even if you felt like you needed to share the workload. But then you essentially hired a THIRD captain so they could post the team? Between you and DJ nobody could post a team?

Leadership within a club is about internal action. But outside the club, leaders also need to be seen to be leaders. I don't think that's shallow I think it is a reality. You will quickly fall to the perception that you do very little. The role of captain is as easy or hard as you make it. But the PRIMARY role of a captain is selecting the bloody team.

DJ old boy - You've made a career out of criticism without performing yourself. Now, even as a captain, you're letting other people do the work? Interesting.

"If you are insinuating that someone that is not a C/VC naming the team has a direct correlation to the chances of us winning on any given Sunday means you are either deluded, or... yeah... deluded."

Well of course not. But we insinuate plenty. If I insinuate that Pants being played in the ruck will cost you the match is that delusional? If I say that because I am a poor FF the Royals have had a poor season am I delusional? Of course not, it's the game.

Juggs has been given responsibility for naming the team. He has a 0% strike rate from 6 games. Given the sim is random, there's actually a 1 in 64 chance of achieving that. Juggalo Balla and the Bears should buy a Powerball ticket.

Can you shout me one? I don't have any cash yet, pantskyle spends everyone's match payments drowning his sorrows every sunday night.

Can you shout me one? I don't have any cash yet, pantskyle spends everyone's match payments drowning his sorrows every sunday night.
Pants doesn't spend it. He asks Juggs to do it for him.

Hey you jumped up and down without first reading the fine print.

Next test is to see how high you can jump after being branded with my foot print in the middle of your back. Let's hope you take defeat like a man next time around.
Didn't know you were capable of playing in the midfield?
Would be surprised if you could lift your foot that high, but alas, I've been taking defeat.....okay, recently.

Look, it'd be a lie for either of our clubs to claim we have a right to win this match based on past results.

HOWEVER the Bears, perhaps, have a bigger burden to overcome. We are perennially unsuccessful (like most of the teams our posters support in the AFL). But the Bears are yet to get the monkey off the back and win a single game this season.

It is rare to come up with a side less successful than our own. On that basis, perhaps we are a chance.

Didn't know you were capable of playing in the midfield?
Would be surprised if you could lift your foot that high, but alas, I've been taking defeat.....okay, recently.
Really? We were once teammates at the Dragons, and yep, you guessed it, I played in the midfield while you roamed aimlessly in the backline trying valiantly to get a kick.

I'm also reigning club champion and All-SFA....again from the midfield.

I guess you needed to move to shallow side to gain your recognition.

Really? We were once teammates at the Dragons, and yep, you guessed it, I played in the midfield while you roamed aimlessly in the backline trying valiantly to get a kick.

I'm also reigning club champion and All-SFA....again from the midfield.

I guess you needed to move to shallow side to gain your recognition.
You've comfortably taken care of The Half Back while I have Pants, DJ and Juggs on the floor.

You're clearly taking it easy this week ;)

You've comfortably taken care of The Half Back while I have Pants, DJ and Juggs on the floor.

You're clearly taking it easy this week ;)
I didn't realise that was you match thread banter, thought that was okey the admin.

Not quite sure you have us on the floor, you gave your opinion and we don't agree. Do we just claim victories now?

It's going to be mighty embarassing when this odd setup names a side that wins on Sunday.

Just today young Quivorir became a papa bear for the first time.

We have a new member.

Well done Quiv. Bears gotta win for the new addition.

We have elderly folk who can't afford to turn on their heating, homeless sleeping on the street, drug addicts dying at the hands of low life drug runners.......and we're paying for the Bears existence in the SFA? What's wrong with this country?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back