Sack Of Crap Show - After The Bounce

Remove this Banner Ad

Then I see they added Andrew Gaze to the mix and he was doing his neville bartos impersonation. I used to love that guy but good god when he speaks I feel sad and depressed for humanity.

I like Gaze, but he is a God-awful media performer. 'No-one seems to be taking me seriously, so I'll just yell louder' seems to be his MO on television (also when he's doing NBL games), as well as radio. Similar to Spud Frawley, if he was a poker player he'd say 'my friend' whenever he was bluffing with a s**t hand.

Not as funny as people rocking in like they're ****ing experts , seeing 2-3 episodes of a show that's been running 3 years and going " Oh this show sucks , get rid of it " :rolleyes:

So you've jumped to that conclusion because nobody could be bothered answering your pointless question? I've had Foxtel for far longer than ATB has been on and it sure as hell isn't getting any better.

yeah I have watched it on and off (mostly from it coming on after the Sunday twilight game) over the last three years and there is one constant..it's total s**t. It always has been and it still is. The one thing about s**t is no matter how you dress it up it will always be s**t. That is ATB.

You didn't answer the question. How does the time they've been subscribed to Foxtel make their opinion any less valid regarding the quality of the show?

The show is s**t, that much is evident after one viewing. If anything the extent of its shitness becomes more apparent after a couple more viewings.
Because it is people like you subscribing to Foxtel because of the new channel, and then badmouthing every show on it for one reason or another. Don't watch the bloody channel if that makes you feel better.

Yeah cos there's not already enough serious shows that go into detailed analysis of every play of every match. So I guess we can expect all those who don't like it to turn it off the next time it's on and we won't have to read your bitching about a lighthearted show being, well, lighthearted? Some ****ing people....

Because it is people like you subscribing to Foxtel because of the new channel, and then badmouthing every show on it for one reason or another. Don't watch the bloody channel if that makes you feel better.
What is with the Crows fans leaping in? Anyhow:

1) This is the third year I've been subscribed so that assertion is baseless and wrong.
2) On what basis are you saying I badmouth every show? I don't badmouth every show, I badmouth this show, because it's awful and deserves badmouthing.

I quite enjoy AFL 360, Teams and On The Couch. Teams presents itself as being light hearted without being shithouse and pointless from start to finish, like ATB.

On the couch - Roos ruins it for me, horrible commentator/presenter. Sheehan is an old bat with minimal knowledge.

AFL 360 - Robbo is a complete twat.

League teams - Dermie is a twat, Parkin is a dinosaur.

Insider and After the bounce are the only shows I can sit in peace and watch without wanting to completely mute one or more members on the show. When After the bounce get's it's normal time slot on a Sunday night back after a proper weekend of footy hopefully the laughs return.

On the couch - Roos ruins it for me, horrible commentator/presenter. Sheehan is an old bat with minimal knowledge.

Insider and After the bounce are the only shows I can sit in peace and watch without wanting to completely mute one or more members on the show. When After the bounce get's it's normal time slot on a Sunday night back after a proper weekend of footy hopefully the laughs return.

Not sure if serious?:confused:

You like the 2 worst shows on Fox Footy? Surely you're taking the piss.

Worst football show on TV..this ridiculous attempt at humour.....it's embarassing, can;t believe that as pay tv subscriber on a 24/7 footy channel we have this rot.

Patrick Smith had something to say about it...

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/spo...-about-tutu-rule/story-e6frg7uo-1226289855488

CEO of the coaches association...how embarassing

Rubbish junk TV

Quoting Patrick Smith suggests sense of humour is not high on your list of required things in life.

The show is not going to win any comedy awards but it's not too bad with the occasional laugh, it accomplishes what it sets out to, a bit of light silly fun that is sort of football related, not everyone's cup of tea but there isn't much else out there.

Then again I like fart jokes so I guess that shows where my sense of humour is at :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is only a s**t thread because it doesn't conform to your point of view.

To the majority thus far, it appears to be an apt description of the show.
No, it's a s**t thread because people obviously struggle with the search function. It has been on for over 3 years, so you'd think logic would tell you it's been discussed before (which it has, a few times too). And it is not the majority who hate it, the last thread on the show was mostly all praise. It probably has a 50/50 split for footy viewers, like most that are different from the usual talk shows.

It still got 137k viewers last night, which would indicate it is going alright. As has been mentioned, it is not going anywhere, so it would be nice if people could just switch off and stop making repeated complaints on BF to make themselves feel better. And it is laughable people quote Patrick Smith to back up their post, the guy would have to live the most bland life imaginable, going on the repeated negative s**t he writes. Well respected journo my arse.

I don't know if this has been asked but what happened to Flem?

I wish they brought something like White Line Fever back.

It needs to be hosted solely by a broadcaster/journalist, like it was when Grybas fronted it, and have a panel of experts throughout the week.

AFL360's current format with TWO journo's just isn't the same, and lacks the interaction with fans that WLF's format had.

Jesus christ, to the people complaining it doesn't talk enough "AFL", do you seriously need a thousand footy shows a week, talking about the same repetitive crap over and over again?

The first couple of seasons i really enjoyed. But it has turned really average this year (and last). I liked how they used to primarily focus on the funny side of footy. Like when something funny happened at the footy on the weekend, they would countdown the top 10 funny things related to what happened. Yesterdays heroes was hilarious when it first started. But they are trying way way to hard now, and they are seriously running out of sports. They need to bring back Bosnich, his laugh makes the show worth it!

However I seriously can't believe Fox Footy doesn't have a highlights show like they have in previous years though.

The fact you labelled Sheehan to have little knowledge, Robbo a twat (arguably the best person on Fox Footy), and the fact you ACTUALLY LIKE Insider and ATB over all those shows, brings me to the conclusion you either need serious help or your personality is as dry as a roasted walnut in the Saharan dessert.

The fact you labelled Sheehan to have little knowledge, Robbo a twat (arguably the best person on Fox Footy), and the fact you ACTUALLY LIKE Insider and ATB over all those shows, brings me to the conclusion you either need serious help or your personality is as dry as a roasted walnut in the Saharan dessert.

While I enjoy both OTC and AFL 360. Sheahan has always been inconsistent with his views and flip-flops far too much for me to think he has genuinely considered views. But that's fine because its generally counted by the considered views of the other two people on the show.

As for Robbo, he's an everyman which has some appeal to some people. But the show only works because Gerard has an impecible understanding of the nuances of the game (and off-field incidents) and can communicate in an intelligent and engaging manner. Combine Robbo with almost any other media performer on Fox Footy and the show would be terrible, given Robbo's propensity for mumbling inanely.

Robbo undoubtedly talks alot of s**t. His attempt to defend his stance on labelling Geelong "arrogant" was like watching a trainwreck in slow motion. His rebuttal to Gerard was that he followed Geelong and was therefore biased. lol

But his imperfections as a journalist are what make him Robbo. 360 is like the odd couple of the AFL. Great to watch.

Yeah.

My personality is dry because I don't want to sit and listen to a bald idiot talk smack for an hour..... :rolleyes:.

I read all relevant footy news online, therefore I'm only watching these shows for pure entertainment value. 360 has absolutely none of it, On the Couch I still catch from time to time (really enjoy listening to Gerard's views), but as I said before Roos just completely ruins it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back