VFL Sandringham vs Pies. 1st Elimination Final @ Victoria Park

Remove this Banner Ad

Can anyone tell me what's happened to Ned Fallon this year?

I assume injury, but I can't find anything.
think i remembering hearing something about a knee? serious injury at start of season. Think he played vfl development last week.

EDIT: correction shoulder.
Found this on Sandy 2014 thread:

"Sorry to break it to you, Uncle Barrels, but I have it on good authority that one of your new favourites (and probably the only one that has 1 and 8 as the first two digits in his height), Fallon, is facing up to a month on the sidelines due to that shoulder issue you spotted on the weekend."

(i don't know how to transfer quotes over different threads)

think i remembering hearing something about a knee? serious injury at start of season. Think he played vfl development last week.
That's what I thought; huge shame. 27 touches and a goal in the VFL Young Guns game says the boy can play. Has genuine pace.

That's what I thought; huge shame. 27 touches and a goal in the VFL Young Guns game says the boy can play. Has genuine pace.
haven't seen/heard much of him. Hopefully has a big year next year and might find himself up in the big league.

What a great arvo, loved the mass exodus of pies supporters at 3 qtr time, the form of Dunell & Minchi & a bit of suburban footy with BYO beers.

I hope the Moorabbin redevelopment looks at what the City of Yarra has done at Vic Park...just fantastic.

Go ZebSaints!
How'd Minchi go W2L?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Minchi had a good one, Winmar2Lockett ?

Yeah he was in everything, I was enjoying the festivities with a group of mates so probably didn't pay as close of attention as I usually would. Dunell was great, Simpkin too. Lew & Holmesy didnt get much of it outside of dominating hit outs. Saunders was very good too. Used the ball well & ran all day.

I moseyed on down. Lovely day, old school atmosphere, emphatic win.

Here's what i thought.

Lewis Pierce - Baby giraffe. Up close you can see how young he looks and how much weight he still needs to put on. Played most of the day forward, occasionely going into the ruck. Listless opening term, before working he's way into the match in the 2nd and 3rd Q. Took some nice strong grabs around the ground. Competed well in the ruck winning some effective hit-outs. Has a decent leap on him. Knows how to position his body at ruck and marking contests, often gaining front position, but let down somewhat by his skinny frame. Coming along nicely, i would not be at all concerned that he has not played yet. Keep safe.

Trent Dennis-Lane - Was opposed by Yagmoor. Not exactly the immovable object vs the irresistable force but he played okay.

Tom Simpkon - Tough as nails. Surprised he was'nt smoking a cigarette at the breaks. Best Defender on the day. Obliterated a fading Q.Lynch. Started elbowing him before the 1st bounce! Repelled many Collingwood attacks, used the ball okay, and his attack on the man was it's usually uncompromising self.
F*** you says Tom.

Sam Dunnell - Spent the day forward and was BOG for mine. Slowish start, gave way to a brillant, match turning second Q. Excellent hands, both leading up at the ball carrier and in contested marking situations. Flooded back to defense then used his pace to run and carry the ball forward. Terrific.

Josh Saunders - Played pretty well, especially in the 1st half. Used his pace to good effect breaking what was a sluggish game open with his run and carry. Kicking was solid, although it's an area i would like to see him clean up. Played on the wing.

Darren Minchington - The one that i was most interested in and he did not let me down. Played on the ball and gave a consistent 4 quarter performance.
Purveyor of bullet passes. The best field kick on the ground. Very quick and hits the contest at speed. Tackling and pressure around the contest was good as well. Upgrade.

Jason Holmes: Not even close to playing AFL. Does nothing around the ground.

Note: Terry Milera did not play.

Just a few thoughts on a couple of Sandy players:

Adam Cockie: No, not worth a spot on our list. Slow, not a great user of the ball and one-dimensional. Good VFL player.

James Munro - Feisty tagger. A real goer. But average skills at best. This is his level. No.

Kenny Ong - Excellent today, very fast, much improved but small and skinny. Outside receiver. No.

So what do we do with Dunell? He's excellent at VFL level and hasn't been given an extended run in the seniors. When does his contract expire?

So what do we do with Dunell? He's excellent at VFL level and hasn't been given an extended run in the seniors. When does his contract expire?
Delist.

Out of contract and not in the clubs plans IMO which is why despite good form he has hardly played this season. I see him similar to TDL dominate at VFL level no good enough to take the next step.

He'll be delisted, but yikes I hope Sandy hire him.

I moseyed on down. Lovely day, old school atmosphere, emphatic win.

Here's what i thought.

Lewis Pierce - Baby giraffe. Up close you can see how young he looks and how much weight he still needs to put on. Played most of the day forward, occasionely going into the ruck. Listless opening term, before working he's way into the match in the 2nd and 3rd Q. Took some nice strong grabs around the ground. Competed well in the ruck winning some effective hit-outs. Has a decent leap on him. Knows how to position his body at ruck and marking contests, often gaining front position, but let down somewhat by his skinny frame. Coming along nicely, i would not be at all concerned that he has not played yet. Keep safe.

Trent Dennis-Lane - Was opposed by Yagmoor. Not exactly the immovable object vs the irresistable force but he played okay.

Tom Simpkon - Tough as nails. Surprised he was'nt smoking a cigarette at the breaks. Best Defender on the day. Obliterated a fading Q.Lynch. Started elbowing him before the 1st bounce! Repelled many Collingwood attacks, used the ball okay, and his attack on the man was it's usually uncompromising self.
F*** you says Tom.

Sam Dunnell - Spent the day forward and was BOG for mine. Slowish start, gave way to a brillant, match turning second Q. Excellent hands, both leading up at the ball carrier and in contested marking situations. Flooded back to defense then used his pace to run and carry the ball forward. Terrific.

Josh Saunders - Played pretty well, especially in the 1st half. Used his pace to good effect breaking what was a sluggish game open with his run and carry. Kicking was solid, although it's an area i would like to see him clean up. Played on the wing.

Darren Minchington - The one that i was most interested in and he did not let me down. Played on the ball and gave a consistent 4 quarter performance.
Purveyor of bullet passes. The best field kick on the ground. Very quick and hits the contest at speed. Tackling and pressure around the contest was good as well. Upgrade.

Jason Holmes: Not even close to playing AFL. Does nothing around the ground.

Note: Terry Milera did not play.

Just a few thoughts on a couple of Sandy players:

Adam Cockie: No, not worth a spot on our list. Slow, not a great user of the ball and one-dimensional. Good VFL player.

James Munro - Feisty tagger. A real goer. But average skills at best. This is his level. No.

Kenny Ong - Excellent today, very fast, much improved but small and skinny. Outside receiver. No.
My new man Kremyborg?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back