VFL Sandringham vs Pies. 1st Elimination Final @ Victoria Park

Remove this Banner Ad

I haven't really watched him enough to know... I wouldn't have thought he'd be worth a place on St Kilda's list, but I'm sure there are others out there who'll know better than me.
Fairly unlikely to be up to the standard; beast mids are the new 195cm fellas...

:p

Buscemi said:
Jason Holmes: Not even close to playing AFL. Does nothing around the ground.

I was watching him closely throughout the day. That was something I picked up on. He seems to be just rucking and nothing else. He stayed out of the contest for most of it and he doesn't seem to demand the ball if you know what I mean. I would of liked to of had him up forward a bit more. He only was moved up there in junk time.
I suspect he's been told to sit back a bit and observe.
You can tell he's from a basketball background. He does that sort of palm the ball down.

I was the first time I'd seen him so I didn't know what I going to expect.
First thing I thought was "Hes F****** huge!"

Kreymborg is only 185cm... He is very heavy but...

Spent the majority of the year in the twos as a Key Fwd... A 3rd fwd in the seniors. He's not anywhere near afl standard. He is to the VFL what Simpkin is to the AFL. Undersized KPP.

How'd Ben Kennedy play for the Pies? He's played 10 games as sub out of about 20 career games in 2 years. Surely must be getting frustrated that Buck's little pet Ben Sinclair consistently gets games ahead of him, while being a worse player!

Apparently he's set to re-sign with the Pies, but he'd have to be a little disgruntled... surely

What a great arvo, loved the mass exodus of pies supporters at 3 qtr time, the form of Dunell & Minchi & a bit of suburban footy with BYO beers.

I hope the Moorabbin redevelopment looks at what the City of Yarra has done at Vic Park...just fantastic.

Go ZebSaints!
Dunell strikes me as somebody who will be a very small 'bit player' at AFL level. Might get the odd game if we have injuries.Thats all.
But he does well at VFL level. I could see him going to SA or WA and having a good solid career as a SAFL or WAFL player.
If he gets delisted by us i think he should head interstate and have a long career in one of those leagues.

Dunell strikes me as somebody who will be a very small 'bit player' at AFL level. Might get the odd game if we have injuries.Thats all.
But he does well at VFL level. I could see him going to SA or WA and having a good solid career as a SAFL or WAFL player.
If he gets delisted by us i think he should head interstate and have a long career in one of those leagues.

Nah, tell him there''s a spot for him in our VFL team.

Nah, tell him there''s a spot for him in our VFL team.
Yes id like that:thumbsu:. But from the few blokes i know who have played VFL recently they say it doesnt pay all that good. And you can make more money playing in the country or burbs leagues or get a longer contract going interstate.
But i agree, he would be an awesome player to have in the Saints magoos:thumbsu:

We'd have to be mad to delist Minchi after his recent form wouldn't we?

Agreed - I really want him to stay and see what he can do for the next 2 years. If he can't crack it for a regular spot after that then by all means delist him....

Geez you'd have to feel sorry for all the Sandy players that are going to be displaced from finals next week.
Dissapointing because the sandy dev squad didn't make finals so if they get dropped they might have to sit out a week or hope the qualified for local footy and their team is in finals

Dissapointing because the sandy dev squad didn't make finals so if they get dropped they might have to sit out a week or hope the qualified for local footy and their team is in finals

Very disappointing if they do cos Zebs have been playing their best footy and got to where we are now when more of Zebs listed guys were in the side. IMO they've earnt the right to keep playing, just cos Saints guy is available hope they don't get shafted.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Player breakdowns are up.

http://www.saints.com.au/news/2014-09-01/vfl-player-breakdown-elimination-final

My favourite bit:

DSS_7512.jpg

Hey zebraman, would you like the above saints players in? Or would you rather have the team that played on saturday?

I'm happy to have them in...after all, they have played the required amount of games and more in some cases...plus it's 12 Saints 11 Sandy so it's pretty fair imho..you have to pick your best side with the players available in a game as important as this

Hopefully Sandy put up a good show although they'll go in as underdogs. But Sandy have played better away from home this year so anything is possible

Remove this Banner Ad

Back