Teams SC 2015 - My Team (Prior to NAB)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Better, but your obviously set on Bonts.

Lewis was at his best last year imo, some great options around the same price for players that are on the rise or fallen premiums.

Goodes is one to watch, apparently looking pretty fit, and may work his way into the team a fair bit this year. Could be a handy POD but watch the NAB cup closely.

Also use some of your left over cash to upgrade Ward or Sloane to one of Pendles, Selwood or Fyfe. Crazy if you start the season without all three.

Or could just go all guns blazing in the mids and upgrade the forwards later with the abundance of options...

image.jpg

5 mids and 4 forwards would suffice.

If you wanted you could downgrade 2 of your mids, one to a lesser priced premo and one to a rookies, bring back a forward premo and upgrade Ibbotson.

Would give you a fairly balanced team, but if your willing to take the risk with both Waters and Ibbotson, I could think of worse duo's to run with.

Alright so first team posting for me.

DEF: S. Burgoyne, H. Shaw, G. Birchall, J. Newnes, B. Waters, M. Dick (M. Karpany, D. McKenzie)
MID: S. Pendlebury, N. Fyfe, J. Selwood, B. Goddard, S. Mitchell, S. Biggs, N. Cockatoo, I. Heeney (J. Laverde, N. Freeman, J. Jansen)
RUC: N. Naitanui, M. Kreuzer (T. Read)
FWD: R. Gray, B. Deledio, D. Swan, T. Mitchell, M. Clark, J. Hogan (C. Daniel, T. Lamb)
CASH LEFT: $25,000

I haven't been entirely happy until now, mainly due to the fact that I was stubbornly hanging onto Malceski in defence. I would still love to have him, especially considering how few people seem to be taking him. However I have to acknowledge, my team does look much more balanced using that extra cash elsewhere. The other selections I'm guessing might raise eyebrows will be S. Mitchell and Goddard in the mids. Goddard will obviously end up forward after my first round of trades, but I like the versatility he gives me as a mid early on. I'm happy taking Mitchell, will either end up M8 or be an easy upgrade to a super premo down the road. Is underpriced where he is.
Feedback welcomed of course!

I've made 2 teams with different structures and some different premiums and rookies.

TEAM #1
DEF: Hibberd, Hurn, Newnes, Docherty, Waters, Smith (Maynard, McKenzie)
MID: Ablett, Pendlebury, Murphy, Dangerfield, Wines, Heeney, Boekhorst, Anderson, (Freeman, Dumont, Krakouer)
RUCK: Naitanui, Leuenberger (Read)
FOR: Deledio, Goddard, Martin, Swan, Clark, Hogan (Lonie, Steele)

$142,000 cash remaining and byes: 8-12-10

Plenty of cash in the bank, I could use it now or possibly keep it in the bank just in case Nic Nat or Berger get injured early. Alternatively i could use it to upgrade Docherty or Wines.

TEAM #2
DEF: Hibberd, Hurn, Newnes, Docherty, Waters, Smith (Maynard, Goddard)
MID: Ablett, Pendlebury, Murphy, Deledio, Goddard, Cockatoo, Anderson, Boekorst (Freeman, McKenzie, Krakouer)
RUCK: Maric, Naitanui (Read)
FOR: Franklin, Martin, Swan, Wingard, Clark, Hogan (Steele, Daniel)

$65,800 cash remaining and byes: 8-12-10

Maric vs Goldstein
Wingard vs Mitchell

At the moment i'm currently leaning towards team 2 as i like the midfield/forward structure. What are some recommendations and ideas for the teams?

I've made 2 teams with different structures and some different premiums and rookies.

TEAM #1
DEF: Hibberd, Hurn, Newnes, Docherty, Waters, Smith (Maynard, McKenzie)
MID: Ablett, Pendlebury, Murphy, Dangerfield, Wines, Heeney, Boekhorst, Anderson, (Freeman, Dumont, Krakouer)
RUCK: Naitanui, Leuenberger (Read)
FOR: Deledio, Goddard, Martin, Swan, Clark, Hogan (Lonie, Steele)

$142,000 cash remaining and byes: 8-12-10

Plenty of cash in the bank, I could use it now or possibly keep it in the bank just in case Nic Nat or Berger get injured early. Alternatively i could use it to upgrade Docherty or Wines.

TEAM #2
DEF: Hibberd, Hurn, Newnes, Docherty, Waters, Smith (Maynard, Goddard)
MID: Ablett, Pendlebury, Murphy, Deledio, Goddard, Cockatoo, Anderson, Boekorst (Freeman, McKenzie, Krakouer)
RUCK: Maric, Naitanui (Read)
FOR: Franklin, Martin, Swan, Wingard, Clark, Hogan (Steele, Daniel)

$65,800 cash remaining and byes: 8-12-10

Maric vs Goldstein
Wingard vs Mitchell

At the moment i'm currently leaning towards team 2 as i like the midfield/forward structure. What are some recommendations and ideas for the teams?

Midfield structure is better in the first team. Not sure why you would have Deledio and Goddard clog up your midfield. I assume you are planning to switch them into your forward line at some point, but its a bit presumptuous to pick 6 forwards from the get go, not much wiggle room. And neither Goddard or Deledio will be top 10 mids.

Use the spare cash to upgrade both of them, or switch them into the forward line and bring in some premo mids.

I'd probably go with the first team, but use the cash to upgrade Wines to someone like Parker, and Dangerfield to Fyfe or Selwood. No point having money in the kitty just in case.

Midfield structure is better in the first team. Not sure why you would have Deledio and Goddard clog up your midfield. I assume you are planning to switch them into your forward line at some point, but its a bit presumptuous to pick 6 forwards from the get go, not much wiggle room. And neither Goddard or Deledio will be top 10 mids.

Use the spare cash to upgrade both of them, or switch them into the forward line and bring in some premo mids.

I'd probably go with the first team, but use the cash to upgrade Wines to someone like Parker, and Dangerfield to Fyfe or Selwood. No point having money in the kitty just in case.
I can see his reasoning behind Goddard/Deledio in the mids, wants to maximise the value premo picks available in the forward line without losing two spots to Goddard/Deledio. Defaulting to Goddard/Deledio in the forwards means you'll be forced to miss out on some of the premos (Franklin/Martin/Swan etc.) depending on how deep you bat in your forwards.. Could be a strategy that works however would personally invest in value priced midfield premos in the mids.

Alright so first team posting for me.

DEF: S. Burgoyne, H. Shaw, G. Birchall, J. Newnes, B. Waters, M. Dick (M. Karpany, D. McKenzie)
MID: S. Pendlebury, N. Fyfe, J. Selwood, B. Goddard, S. Mitchell, S. Biggs, N. Cockatoo, I. Heeney (J. Laverde, N. Freeman, J. Jansen)
RUC: N. Naitanui, M. Kreuzer (T. Read)
FWD: R. Gray, B. Deledio, D. Swan, T. Mitchell, M. Clark, J. Hogan (C. Daniel, T. Lamb)
CASH LEFT: $25,000

I haven't been entirely happy until now, mainly due to the fact that I was stubbornly hanging onto Malceski in defence. I would still love to have him, especially considering how few people seem to be taking him. However I have to acknowledge, my team does look much more balanced using that extra cash elsewhere. The other selections I'm guessing might raise eyebrows will be S. Mitchell and Goddard in the mids. Goddard will obviously end up forward after my first round of trades, but I like the versatility he gives me as a mid early on. I'm happy taking Mitchell, will either end up M8 or be an easy upgrade to a super premo down the road. Is underpriced where he is.
Feedback welcomed of course!

Not convinced on Burgoyne. Coming off a good season but hard to see him improving at his age and likely role.

Goddard, Mitchell, Biggs. No. Mitchell might be underprice but you're still going to need to trade him at some stage. Out Goddard fwd FFS.

Not convinced on Burgoyne. Coming off a good season but hard to see him improving at his age and likely role.

Goddard, Mitchell, Biggs. No. Mitchell might be underprice but you're still going to need to trade him at some stage. Out Goddard fwd FFS.
My thoughts on Burgoyne differ greatly to yours. I wrote about it here
I raised Burgoyne somewhere on BF (don't remember where) before Christmas so apologies to anyone reading this again, but I think Burgoyne is a really intriguing prospect this year. He had a great first half to last year SC wise owing to the fact that he was spending a lot of time playing through the middle with the likes of Hodge, Mitchell and Shiels missing games. As these players returned he went back to spending the majority of his time in defence and his scoring suffered as a result. With the addition of Frawley, this should allow Gibson to perhaps fill the role that Burgoyne has played in the back 6, hopefully allowing Burgoyne to be released into the middle and perhaps even resting forward where he has always been a very capable goal kicker. Lets not forget, Burgoyne was once an elite midfielder, and a dangerous forward. If you think back to his time at Port, he may well have led the league in clearances 2 years running (at least close to it anyhow). He has also kicked more than 20 goals in a season 5 times, including 39 goals twice.
I'm not saying he will return to those lofty numbers, but if he returns to a similar role, I think you can fully expect that he will become a top 6 SC defender.
With regards to Goddard, whether he is selected as a mid or a forward, his scores still count the same to my total. He will eventually obviously move forward, likely with my first round of upgrades. Without completely changing my structure, the question I need to answer with regards to him starting in the middle is whether there is a mid rookie I prefer to one of the forward rookies that I select. If there is one, then I may move him forward. If not, I'm happy to start him in the mids. Like the flexibility that his DPP gives me in the early rounds also.
Mitchell is low risk for mine. If he plays well, he ends up being a bargain M8. If he plays below premium level, he will be an upgrade that costs me around 100k, or makes it a lot easier to get one of Ablett/Rockliff/super premo.

My thoughts on Burgoyne differ greatly to yours. I wrote about it here

With regards to Goddard, whether he is selected as a mid or a forward, his scores still count the same to my total. He will eventually obviously move forward, likely with my first round of upgrades. Without completely changing my structure, the question I need to answer with regards to him starting in the middle is whether there is a mid rookie I prefer to one of the forward rookies that I select. If there is one, then I may move him forward. If not, I'm happy to start him in the mids. Like the flexibility that his DPP gives me in the early rounds also.
Mitchell is low risk for mine. If he plays well, he ends up being a bargain M8. If he plays below premium level, he will be an upgrade that costs me around 100k, or makes it a lot easier to get one of Ablett/Rockliff/super premo.
Your going to have to generate a lot of cash to upgrade Mitchell to Ablett and its been said a million times before but starting without Ablett will cost you big points early on. I reckon your better off upgrading Mitchell to Ablett and downgrading Goddard to a good rookie as theres plenty of good depth rookies in the mids and forwards this year that will allow you to afford Ablett

Your going to have to generate a lot of cash to upgrade Mitchell to Ablett and its been said a million times before but starting without Ablett will cost you big points early on. I reckon your better off upgrading Mitchell to Ablett and downgrading Goddard to a good rookie as theres plenty of good depth rookies in the mids and forwards this year that will allow you to afford Ablett
I understand exactly what you are saying, can't argue with it really. It's what I've done every year I've been playing SC. Just thinking it might be time to do something a little different. Taking risk, should be interesting.
On upgrading Mitchell to Ablett, Mitchell should increase in price, roughly 100k. At some point, Ablett will come down in price. If the timing happens to work out, might not be that much cash needed. Certainly less than upgrading a rookie all the way up to Ablett anyhow

I understand exactly what you are saying, can't argue with it really. It's what I've done every year I've been playing SC. Just thinking it might be time to do something a little different. Taking risk, should be interesting.
On upgrading Mitchell to Ablett, Mitchell should increase in price, roughly 100k. At some point, Ablett will come down in price. If the timing happens to work out, might not be that much cash needed. Certainly less than upgrading a rookie all the way up to Ablett anyhow

Are you being serious? Mitchell would have to increase his average to about 108-110 to move up around 100K.

Anyways, if you are expecting him to get to 590K why would you trade him at all, pretty much elite.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On superfooty website. Part of an article on the eagles.

"The Eagles coach predicts a more stable starting combination in 2104. He expects the performances of Nic Naitanui, Scott Lycett, Chris Masten, Luke Shuey, Andrew Gaff, Jeremy McGovern and eventually injured duo Scott Selwood and Jack Darling to be the club’s barometer this season."

Now that's planning for you. Only 89 years to go!!

So your going to buy a low priced premium in Mitchell and wait for him to average about 110 to go up 100k then wait for Ablett to have a couple of downers so he can drop in price before you trade Ablett in. Youll be wasting a trade upgrading a premium to a super premium just because you want to get Ablett at a cheaper price. Doesn't make senses to me because even if your wishes come true youll be missing out on Abletts early season points and since most will captain him just about every week youll be so far behind everyone else who has him. I doubt Mitchell can average 110 for the first 8 weeks of the season anyhow but good luck with that. One thing ive learnt over the years with Ablett is that you don't take risks by not having him. Find other players to take a risk on if you feel like doing something different but I reckon you need to find a way to fit him in and with plenty of good cheap rookies in the mids and forwards this season as well as a couple of good cheap rucks theres no reason why you cant have Ablett and Pendles and still have a pretty decent side

Don't complicate things people, just pick Ablett.

The only way you wouldn't take Ablett is if you took the punt with Pendles, Selwood or Fyfe. They are the only 3 capable of topping Ablett for 100K less (No point going Rockliff over Ablett, the price difference isn't enough).

And that's not to say that they will, they are just the best bet.

Hoping someone who has a highest yearly average of 113, 4 years ago, will some how break out and have a career best season at 32 is a bit of a long shot.

The only way you wouldn't take Ablett is if you took the punt with Pendles, Selwood or Fyfe. They are the only 3 capable of topping Ablett for 100K less (No point going Rockliff over Ablett, the price difference isn't enough).

Hoping someone who has a highest yearly average of 113, 4 years ago, will some how break out and have a career best season at 32 is a bit of a long shot.
I would assume that the vast majority would be taking Ablett and at least one of the three you mentioned. GAJ/Pendles combo is something I for example have not even not considered.

I would assume that the vast majority would be taking Ablett and at least one of the three you mentioned. GAJ/Pendles combo is something I for example have not even not considered.

Without a doubt, starting with Ablett is a POD in itself.

I have been dabbling with the prospect of starting without Ablett, but the only players that will fill the void if I do are Pendles, Selwood and Fyfe. More so Fyfe or Pendles.

Without a doubt, starting with Ablett is a POD in itself.

I have been dabbling with the prospect of starting without Ablett, but the only players that will fill the void if I do are Pendles, Selwood and Fyfe. More so Fyfe or Pendles.
Fyfe is the one I can see becoming a 130 ppg player however I am having my reservations in starting him. I started with him last season and whilst when he played he was consistently scoring 100+ scores and well beyond that in games, he was a very frustrating player in terms of his suspensions, I'm not sure if he'll be worth the coin unless he can string together 22 games. His missed games were a little easier to digest last season considering he was priced at 106 ppg at the start of last season and not the 122 he is this season.

First two sentences of the prospectus reads: "Fyfe was the only midfielder to rate elite in contested possessions, intercept marks, clearances and goals last season. He also rated elite for disposals, score assists, score involvements and Champion Data ranking points" and "ranking no 1 of all midfielders for contested marks per game and eighth for total ground ball gets". That is almost as complete a player you can get.

I wouldnt be considering Selwood at the start as he usually starts off slow and can be picked up cheaper later on. Ablett and Pendles are definately a lock for me and then i will look for a couple of cheaper premos like a Watson Barlow or even Beams to fill in 3rd, 4th and 5th mids. Ive found that i can have a reasonably balanced side with these starting mids who could all average 120+ for the season

Fyfe is the one I can see becoming a 130 ppg player however I am having my reservations in starting him. I started with him last season and whilst when he played he was consistently scoring 100+ scores and well beyond that in games, he was a very frustrating player in terms of his suspensions, I'm not sure if he'll be worth the coin unless he can string together 22 games. His missed games were a little easier to digest last season considering he was priced at 106 ppg at the start of last season and not the 122 he is this season.

First two sentences of the prospectus reads: "Fyfe was the only midfielder to rate elite in contested possessions, intercept marks, clearances and goals last season. He also rated elite for disposals, score assists, score involvements and Champion Data ranking points" and "ranking no 1 of all midfielders for contested marks per game and eighth for total ground ball gets". That is almost as complete a player you can get.

Yet GAJ takes him down to pound town and does him dry, week in, week out (SC wise anyway).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back