Play Nice Scott Morrison in the Multiverse of Ministries.

Remove this Banner Ad

"Without this help, serious depression would have manifested."

But really it was Jesus:

"The meds were helpful, but faith for me has always been the major ingredient," Mr Morrison said.

Can't even keep his story straight from sentence to sentence.

Not one of Jesus alleged miracles was in the mental health space.

Religion has exploited it ruthlessly, from crusades to suicide bombers

Not one of Jesus alleged miracles was in the mental health space.

Religion has exploited it ruthlessly, from crusades to suicide bombers
I think there was one where he took the demons out of the mad man and put them into a herd of pigs that ran into the sea. Can't remember if the owner of the pigs was happy about that. Nobody seems to find that worth mentioning.

Jesus asks the demon for his name and is told "My name is Legion, for we are many". The demons beg Jesus not to send them away, but instead to send them into the pigs on a nearby hillside, which he does. The herd, about two thousand in number, rush down the steep bank into the sea and are drowned.

I doubt he even believed anxiety and depression were real things until he experienced anxiety himself..
Doing just what we would expect of someone suspected of illegal activities, blame it on mental health except in his twisted case, he is simultaneously trying to make out he is a hero as well.

On SM-A125F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Doing just what we would expect of someone suspected of illegal activities, blame it on mental health except in his twisted case, he is simultaneously trying to make out he is a hero as well.

On SM-A125F using BigFooty.com mobile app
It's all part of his book's "Hero's Journey" narrative, a classic motif.

A man is called to adventure, he seeks the help of a mentor (Brian Huston), he goes through many trials and temptations, he dies, then he's reborn and after he atones, he can return home.

I have an advance copy.

Last edited:
The boy that walked out of his evangelical church to only wail and scream that the parishioners leaving the opposing catholic church were “idolaters”, flew to Hawaii when hundreds of lives, thousands of homes and more than a billion native animals were lost, picked a fight with the second largest economy and our biggest trading partner causing billions in losses of imports, only ever tried to pass one pathetic piece of legislation to free the religious from secular law, screwed the nation whilst the greatest pandemic of the last century occurred, denied every scientific field, yet owes the product of IVF to his only progeny, had mental health issues?
Be gone with you heretic!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I had thought sociopaths/psychopaths (a continuum I believe Morrison belongs on) were not particularly prone to depression & anxiety so I did some brief reading.

This answer I found on Quora seems the most apt in relation to how Morrison presented publicly during his time as a politician. He presented in almost all these ways throughout.

“Psychopaths and sociopaths (both) CAN experience this stuff. It would be a rare specimen indeed that didn’t ever experience any semblance of any of these, even if not enough to constitute comorbidity with another disorder or syndrome. Some can experience them quite intensely others less so. They are typically muted in most sociopaths/psychopaths though and will be experienced as follows:

Depressive syndromes are a function of inner tensions, frustrations, and dysphoria that may occur but are typically not tolerated for very long. They are typically discharged through acting-out rather than intrapsychic mechanisms.

When depression does occur in an antisocial and if not “masked” through an exaggeration of acting out behaviors (super common), it is likely to be colored by bitterness, angry complaints, and accusations. Periods of self-loathing. may occur at the perception of inner weakness and ineffectualness (yes they can have that), and the sympathy of others would be actively shunned (differing from one with NPD without strong antisocial tendencies).

Anxiety syndromes are generally infrequent but they do experience brief periods of anxiety prior to discharge and acting out. The major precipitant for these feelings is the dread of being controlled by others. I have seen this personally and it can be very extreme but everything has to go haywire in their lives simultaneously.

Events that reactivate memories of similar and painful experiences in the past will evoke strong mixtures of anxiety and hostility. A severe panic attack can even occur if they sense being particularly helpless or at the mercy of an obviously more powerful and hostile force.

Chronic anxiety is rarely seen. Much of the aggressive drive that characterizes antisocials, however, is the exploitation of anxious energy in the service of manipulation and dominating others. It is just not what NT’s think of when considering the non-antisocial variant of anxiety.

Paranoid types of overlaps are more common than that of anxiety syndromes but still not common. Remember that a paranoid personality disorder is, in general, considered a much more extremely decompensated version of a narcissistic personality disorder.

Narcissistic personality disorder and antisocial personality disorders overlapping are not super uncommon. However, regardless antisocials will be high in narcissistic traits. Severe paranoia is not super common but most definitely possible and most definitely has been seen and recorded together just like the others I just mentioned. Lack of trust and perception of people wanting what they have would be considered pretty normal. This wouldn’t qualify for a ‘paranoid comorbidity’ though.”

Sounds like he has a book to sell
Yep. I finished it yesterday.

Went back to using Quilton 4 ply - much kinder on my bum.

Bryan Cranston Mic Drop GIF

View attachment 1972254
I'm sure the families of the two thousand people who killed themselves over Robodebts are really reassured to know this. F***ing psycho.
'I forgive them.'

A narcissist making comparisons with Jesus on the cross.

Clearly doesn't realise that the biblical role he played was the Judas Iscariot who betrayed us all.

As is my custom I made my weekly donation to Murdoch so that I can almost finish the Times Cryptic over coffee and I saw they had a round of golf with ScoMo feature in the magazine. Now forgive my cynicism but this looks to be part of his whole reinvention business because I'm pretty sure golf would have fitted perfectly with the daggy dad image and if he'd had any interest in the past we would have heard about it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back