Analysis Scott Selwood Debate

Remove this Banner Ad

Hutchings was clearly the best of the three. The argument isn't who is better, it's the fact we're playing all of them in the same team at once in the first place.

Their skillsets and talents are all so similar it's like playing 3 of the same type of player. 3 Selwoods all at once.

We only need so much "toughness" in the side. Eventually some skill and talent is going to be required or we'll just be a talentless team.

So wish Duggan was available. He would have thrived in the big games. Skill + Hardness + Class.

Hutchings was clearly the best of the three. The argument isn't who is better, it's the fact we're playing all of them in the same team at once in the first place.

Their skillsets and talents are all so similar it's like playing 3 of the same type of player. 3 Selwoods all at once.

We only need so much "toughness" in the side. Eventually some skill and talent is going to be required or we'll just be a talentless team.

I agree we don't need all three, but I'd be getting rid of Selwood & McGinnity first. Unfortunately the MC disagree so it looks like we're stuck with them.

I think we can say that Hutchings is ahead of Selwood on form. But whether Hutchings would hold his spot against Selwood remains to be seen.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

if he goes, can we use the end of R1 pick on any draft, or does it have to be the one immediately after he leaves? Talk of this draft being fairly s**t would make me want to hold onto it for another year

Will make way nicely for Duggan to the 22 next year.

Duggan, Colledge and Sheed get games with Selwood gone.

Last few games he's shown very little IMO. He gets the ball and instantly is tackled. His kicking is not to advantage and he doesn't have the ability of Priddis to stand up in tackles / give off quick hands.

Just prey he gets a big $$ offer and we get pick 20 for him.:thumbsu:

A bit of a shame but simply put the team will benefit going forward.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back