Official Match Thread Season 34 Round 13: Las Vegas Bears v Baghdad Bombers at The Stadium in the Sky

Remove this Banner Ad

According to one ClarkeM , no one reads the OP. Good, that means I can just rant and say stuff about anyone and I won’t get in trouble. This week is Round 13 but with the added twist that it’s also the last round of Season 34. That means that only a handful of people care about the result this Sunday, because else has other missed finals or they don’t who they go up against as long as they get to fight someone and make them cry. Luckily with it being the last round, it’s the easiest time of the year to do that.

Now, we’ve had some good statistical analysis so far this season. Ljp86 and Broken informs us who has made finals, who can’t and what teams need to do to reach either outcome, while DenieD gives us a rough outline of what the chances of a team finishing somewhere on the ladder. That got me thinking though; wouldn’t the average person reading these posts want the actual numbers, the actual chance out of 100 of such things happening? Well, person who is better than ClarkeM because they are still reading this, let’s have a look at some pretty graphs and see what can be done, not just what could be done.

1666603361318.png 1666603394781.png

Well the Bears have nothing to play for. Doesn't matter if they win or lose, they won't make finals or win the spoon. Bombers on the other hand could get a home final without even winning. A win would give them a chance at the minor premiership which the Bombers are so good at getting. I guess that's what the Bears are playing for in order to ruin that.

Of course, form could play a part in all this. Take the Bears or Bombers. The Bears have won their last 2 games for the first time this season, congratulations guys, while the Bombers have won 5 of their last 6 games. Clearly one of these teams is trying more than the other. Not to mention, the last time these 2 teams played against each other, the Bombers almost choked against the Bears scoring 1 goal 5 in the 2nd half but still won. What does it matter what happened last season to this one? ¯\(ツ)

But you know what does matter? Having people to talk to while you wait for the inevitable qooty result to happen because sometimes it can lonely if you’re in a match thread by yourself. It’s the end of the home and away season, some already know they won’t be playing during finals, maybe you’ve already checked out mid-season and counting down the days until you play games on the other side of Sweet. Let’s get to know the opposition.

If I was to think of a Bomber who has the most complete and utter respect from those from other teams, it’s Kilroy. While most nowadays will simply remember him for TubeRadio, I remember a time when he was remembered far so much more than that. You’d call him the captain of the Class of Season 30 if you wanted a worse SFA team than the Furies. Hard-worker, this guy is definitely a hard-worker.

Another Bomber that I always look forward to seeing whenever I have to play the Bombers is Robertio. Robertio is everything you’d expect from the Bombers but he somehow makes that enjoyable as if you want more of it. Like how Vegemite-haters would imagine a brand of Vegemite they’d like, you don’t understand how but it is. You’ve gotta love a good Bombers poster.

Usually if someone was to say that the mafia boss was their favourite member of the sports team, you'd say that they had been paid off but that's totally not why I think tony is No.1 Best Bear, stop asking. While some say that the Bears are cursed and any captain is doomed, tony might just be the exception that every rules needs. A light in the middle of a dark, what isn’t there to like about tony, please don’t hurt me.

And what main character would he be without his animal sidekick, except Muddiemoose is so much more than that. I guess a better example is that every mafia boss needs their hired tough guy goons. I’m not sure if Muddiemoose is as active as he once was, which is a shame because Las Vegas is such a better place when he is up and about. Let’s see if he brings the heat against the Bombers.

If he doesn't, then the match thread will live up to the next-to-no hype that is has. It's probably a good idea for the Bears to go up against the Bombers in the last round, I don't know how active they've been over the season but no team can ever compare to the spammy style of Baghdad. These 2 teams have enjoyed each other's company in the past so while I might not give this thread another look, I fully expect it to be good match thread when both teams are posting.

Bombers by 6

Also Captains, teamsheets to be in by 11:59pm AEDT (11:29pm ACDT, 8:59pm AWST, don't bother asking for Brisbane time).

According to one ClarkeM , no one reads the OP. Good, that means I can just rant and say stuff about anyone and I won’t get in trouble. This week is Round 13 but with the added twist that it’s also the last round of Season 34. That means that only a handful of people care about the result this Sunday, because else has other missed finals or they don’t who they go up against as long as they get to fight someone and make them cry. Luckily with it being the last round, it’s the easiest time of the year to do that.

Now, we’ve had some good statistical analysis so far this season. Ljp86 and Broken informs us who has made finals, who can’t and what teams need to do to reach either outcome, while DenieD gives us a rough outline of what the chances of a team finishing somewhere on the ladder. That got me thinking though; wouldn’t the average person reading these posts want the actual numbers, the actual chance out of 100 of such things happening? Well, person who is better than ClarkeM because they are still reading this, let’s have a look at some pretty graphs and see what can be done, not just what could be done.

View attachment 1542460View attachment 1542461

Well the Bears have nothing to play for. Doesn't matter if they win or lose, they won't make finals or win the spoon. Bombers on the other hand could get a home final without even winning. A win would give them a chance at the minor premiership which the Bombers are so good at getting. I guess that's what the Bears are playing for in order to ruin that.

Of course, form could play a part in all this. Take the Bears or Bombers. The Bears have won their last 2 games for the first time this season, congratulations guys, while the Bombers have won 5 of their last 6 games. Clearly one of these teams is trying more than the other. Not to mention, the last time these 2 teams played against each other, the Bombers almost choked against the Bears scoring 1 goal 5 in the 2nd half but still won. What does it matter what happened last season to this one? ¯\(ツ)

But you know what does matter? Having people to talk to while you wait for the inevitable qooty result to happen because sometimes it can lonely if you’re in a match thread by yourself. It’s the end of the home and away season, some already know they won’t be playing during finals, maybe you’ve already checked out mid-season and counting down the days until you play games on the other side of Sweet. Let’s get to know the opposition.

If I was to think of a Bomber who has the most complete and utter respect from those from other teams, it’s Kilroy. While most nowadays will simply remember him for TubeRadio, I remember a time when he was remembered far so much more than that. You’d call him the captain of the Class of Season 30 if you wanted a worse SFA team than the Furies. Hard-worker, this guy is definitely a hard-worker.

Another Bomber that I always look forward to seeing whenever I have to play the Bombers is Robertio. Robertio is everything you’d expect from the Bombers but he somehow makes that enjoyable as if you want more of it. Like how Vegemite-haters would imagine a brand of Vegemite they’d like, you don’t understand how but it is. You’ve gotta love a good Bombers poster.

Usually if someone was to say that the mafia boss was their favourite member of the sports team, you'd say that they had been paid off but that's totally not why I think tony is No.1 Best Bear, stop asking. While some say that the Bears are cursed and any captain is doomed, tony might just be the exception that every rules needs. A light in the middle of a dark, what isn’t there to like about tony, please don’t hurt me.

And what main character would he be without his animal sidekick, except Muddiemoose is so much more than that. I guess a better example is that every mafia boss needs their hired tough guy goons. I’m not sure if Muddiemoose is as active as he once was, which is a shame because Las Vegas is such a better place when he is up and about. Let’s see if he brings the heat against the Bombers.

If he doesn't, then the match thread will live up to the next-to-no hype that is has. It's probably a good idea for the Bears to go up against the Bombers in the last round, I don't know how active they've been over the season but no team can ever compare to the spammy style of Baghdad. These 2 teams have enjoyed each other's company in the past so while I might not give this thread another look, I fully expect it to be good match thread when both teams are posting.

Bombers by 6

Also Captains, teamsheets to be in by 11:59pm AEDT (11:29pm ACDT, 8:59pm AWST, don't bother asking for Brisbane time).
Wait. There is more than one brand of vegemite? Is that the stuff that Robertio drinks?

G'day bears!

Bombers by 6

TLDR I did see Baghdad Vs some muppets(Bears) hoping I Dont Care still plays for this s**t mob. Ohh I like tony too only because I have mouths to feed.

If someone can just give me the gist of the OP that would be great.

Hello Bares
Looks like it s just two random graphs in the middle of the page.

Where is the rest f it? Think FootyGuy13 is taking the piss.

Looks like it s just two random graphs in the middle of the page.

Where is the rest f it? Think FootyGuy13 is taking the piss.
The Bombers one has been beautifully colored in.

Bombers by 6

Good work FootyGuy13, but you got one thing wrong, the Bears can still make the finals, we just need to win this week and have another 10 things go our way to sneak in.

Welcome to Las Vegas, BAT and Co. I hope you enjoy your stay. We are running a bit low on money at the moment so we are running some fundraising events, I think this one one might tickle the fancy of a few of you.

Remember Bears, "Trying is the first step towards failure." Its worked for us the last few weeks, so once again no trying this week.

Punch Me.png

Cap I Dont Care Jezmiester40 Tommycash Grin Art Vandelay_ Senor M Electronic_Renaissance Test Tickle RookiePick Muddiemoose Campaigner for good CarterS King_Steele kane249 Matera92 Fizzler terrybull TheTick Millky95 JoshWoodenSpoon Broken HawkPatrol

Welcome to Las Vegas, BAT and Co. I hope you enjoy your stay. We are running a bit low on money at the moment so we are running some fundraising events, I think this one one might tickle the fancy of a few of you.

Remember Bears, "Trying is the first step towards failure." Its worked for us the last few weeks, so once again no trying this week.

View attachment 1542639

Cap I Dont Care Jezmiester40 Tommycash Grin Art Vandelay_ Senor M Electronic_Renaissance Test Tickle RookiePick Muddiemoose Campaigner for good CarterS King_Steele kane249 Matera92 Fizzler terrybull TheTick Millky95 JoshWoodenSpoon Broken HawkPatrol
Money Dollar GIF

View attachment 1542639

That’s an enormous pile of s**t you’ve put together mate, years of filling Forrest's.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That’s an enormous pile of s**t you’ve put together mate, years of filling Forrest's.
Why thank you, we have been trying to do our bit for the Las Vegas forests, making sure there is plenty of manure for the plants and trees to grow. We think we are doing a good job.

bear-pooping-in-woods-john-lund.jpg

tony read the PM loud and clear mate and we’ll bring more tape for your shoulders and lube .
That would be great, we need more lube, we have been running through a lot of it lately.

bear mounting moose.png

View attachment 1542639

Harry Styles Hello GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

View attachment 1542639

How the * are you running low on cash, thought our joint enterprise was doing well?

This fundraiser idea holds no interest for me, won’t hit a bloke while he is down. Also not sure a guy running himself repeatedly into a brick wall really needs any other punishment.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back