AFLW Season 7 Round 7 v Bulldogs 3:10pm Sunday 9/10 @Casey - Hampson-Hardeman Cup

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
After a good win in Perth it's back home to Casey against the Dogs. They've been a tricky side for us and there is quite a rivalry between the teams as two of the pioneers women's footy at the highest level. I'd expect this to be a pretty tight, physical game. If we can clamp down on Blackburn I think we'll be able to control most of the game, but they're a decent side and could upset us.
Our defence has looked leakier than usual this year, mainly through coughing up soft goals out the back. If we can tighten that up I'll be more confident of our chances this year; our attack is looking pretty solid, even with our usual butchery of 5 or 6 golden chances each week.

Tickets/Gameday guide here: AFLW Round 7 | Game Day Guide

Also, Stinear has been signed up until 2024! Unsure how I feel about this. Stinear locked in as Dees’ coach

He's loved by the group, and is a very capable as a coach, but I can't help but feel we're always winding up a bit short with the style of game he has us playing. We still seem too brittle to get past Brisbane or Adelaide in a GF. Hopefully he proves me wrong this year.

After a good win in Perth it's back home to Casey against the Dogs. They've been a tricky side for us and there is quite a rivalry between the teams as two of the pioneers women's footy at the highest level. I'd expect this to be a pretty tight, physical game. If we can clamp down on Blackburn I think we'll be able to control most of the game, but they're a decent side and could upset us.
Our defence has looked leakier than usual this year, mainly through coughing up soft goals out the back. If we can tighten that up I'll be more confident of our chances this year; our attack is looking pretty solid, even with our usual butchery of 5 or 6 golden chances each week.

Tickets/Gameday guide here: AFLW Round 7 | Game Day Guide

Also, Stinear has been signed up until 2024! Unsure how I feel about this. Stinear locked in as Dees’ coach

He's loved by the group, and is a very capable as a coach, but I can't help but feel we're always winding up a bit short with the style of game he has us playing. We still seem too brittle to get past Brisbane or Adelaide in a GF. Hopefully he proves me wrong this year.
Big game for us as I feel we need to finish top 2 as the home ground advantage will be huge in Finals. We probably have the toughest draws in the comp so I feel there is a big gap between the top 4 sides really with Percentage of some teams being inflated by who they have played.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bannon got away with the tackle but that was speedy Gonzales stuff
Yeah really impressed by her work off the ball today. Has had a few nice touches and contests to set up scores.
Mackinn has impressed too, very quick and still a bit lost at times but has a similar style to Goldy in doing everything at 10000%.

Yeah really impressed by her work off the ball today. Has had a few nice touches and contests to set up scores.
Mackinn has impressed too, very quick and still a bit lost at times but has a similar style to Goldy in doing everything at 10000%.
Mackin , for someone playing first season looks a prospect. Fantastic tackle from Goldy leading to a Bannon goal . Bannon have a big impact today .

Did not expect the thrashing we have handed out today .
We were always on top, but didn't put it on the scoreboard. That said also pretty surprised by the way we blew them away from the 2nd on, thought it'd be more of a grind to a 4-5 goal win.
Even with the wind they couldn't clear our back 50 from kick-ins. No passengers today, a really great performance all round.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back