"Seasons Best" 9.30 Tonight on 7

Remove this Banner Ad

What happened to the original "That Was The Season That Was"? I loved that version of the season review. I watched the 1997 and 1998 tapes a few days ago. McKenna, Landy, Sandy Roberts, Lethal, Bruce and Cometti all had hosting roles and all class.

watching from WA, so poor this is. Tim watson "red snakes" joke so pathetic. First 30mins are horror watching. So lame with the cheap audience laughing at every pathetic joke.

Channel 7 were all class in the 90s. What happened?

Seven was the home of football. They used to show sell out games live and really produced a dedicated effort in showcasing the AFL. One such example I think from memory when the Essendon vs North comeback game happened they showed the whole game again on the tuesday as the fans demanded it :thumbsu:

Ever since the AFL sold the rights to Foxtel, Nine and Ten, Seven seemed to become all twisted. I originally gave Seven the benefit of the doubt but it clearly seems to me they have lost the plot. Sometimes its the simple things are the most effective in getting tv ratings. Such examples would have been showing a 2007 version of "That was the season that was" with Sandy Roberts and/or put on the full replay of the 89 Grand Final in prime time to make the most of the Saturday matchup. To produce these shows would cost them next to nothing but the I'd imagine they would have made a killing on the ratings.

I guess it doesn't help that the AFL has done everything to destroy the games heart and soul but if Seven was Seven from the 80's and 90's maybe there would appear to still be a bit of soul in the game at the top level.

You know a show is bad when Aker adds a touch of class and proffesionalism to the show in question.:(
Actually Aker isnt so bad in front of the camera:D:rolleyes:..... Has a fair bit more wit and poise in than some of 7's shocking TV sports personalitys. Despite his often malingned opinions at least he dosn't spit the same old cliches and can take a joke at his own expense.

Seven was the home of football. They used to show sell out games live and really produced a dedicated effort in showcasing the AFL. One such example I think from memory when the Essendon vs North comeback game happened they showed the whole game again on the tuesday as the fans demanded it :thumbsu:

Ever since the AFL sold the rights to Foxtel, Nine and Ten, Seven seemed to become all twisted. I originally gave Seven the benefit of the doubt but it clearly seems to me they have lost the plot. Sometimes its the simple things are the most effective in getting tv ratings. Such examples would have been showing a 2007 version of "That was the season that was" with Sandy Roberts and/or put on the full replay of the 89 Grand Final in prime time to make the most of the Saturday matchup. To produce these shows would cost them next to nothing but the I'd imagine they would have made a killing on the ratings.

I guess it doesn't help that the AFL has done everything to destroy the games heart and soul but if Seven was Seven from the 80's and 90's maybe there would appear to still be a bit of soul in the game at the top level.
I'm not sure if I agree with the highlighted remark but if you mean using the simialar format to some of the older "That was the season that was" and having an appearance by commentators such as Buck's, Lethal and Dennis it would have been far better.

A full replay of the 89 Grand Final is a pretty good idea but I'm not sure which time slot they would put it in.

Otherwise I agree with just about everything you said, it's disappointing that AFL coverage has slipped to the level its has.:eek:

This show was the worst football related show I have ever seen on TV. That host is absolutely appauling, why the hell was he yelling through the first 15 min of the show. Stephen Curry and Dave Lawson were about as funny as a kick in the pills, had they even rehearsed, I didn't even crack a smile when those boys were on, funny ads stick with that boys.

But the worst thing of all was the fact they did a top 7 of everything, we know it was on channel 7 you don't have to remind us every segment. I am sick to death of 7 flashing the logo at every opportunity and those crap cross promotion ads during footy games. Channel 9 do it to during the cricket, I don't need Bruce or Tubby Taylor telling me how good some show is that they have probably never even watched.

The jokes were terrible, if someone had of mentioned that except for Barry Hall airing this show was the season's low light I might have had a chuckle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

watching from WA, so poor this is. Tim watson "red snakes" joke so pathetic. First 30mins are horror watching. So lame with the cheap audience laughing at every pathetic joke.
I think (quote me if I am wrong) Tim bagged Cooney's speech at the Brownlow and Aker said it's hard to do have you ever done one. Classic!

was looking forward to this show, but so, so, so, so dissapointed, that was more painful than watching one of the big brother spin off shows, i was phyisically uncomfortable watching it. that Hamish bloke is one of the worst hosts i have ever seen, if he is hosting three hours of tv before the GF i will be watching fotxel or video hits, of getting on the gas early to make it bearable.

How Clint Jones didn't feature in the Top 7 Tackles of the season is beyond me?

He Should be #1 for his chase down and tackle of Lance "Buddy" Franklin.

What a Joke!

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ndG6_1ZFBLA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ndG6_1ZFBLA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back