Racing September Daily Punt: Springtime Squib Sloppiness Starts Soon

Group1 winners? the turnball and the 2 pretend ones in Sydney

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Thought Durston looked pretty short in the Metropolitan. Shocking jockey change, B-grade form for this, meeting all those he beat at Newcastle worse at the weights, and needs to be ridden cold to maintain effectiveness.

Prefer to be on No Compromise at the odds, who gets a big positive jockey switch, coming from the Kingston Town, meeting Stockman/Kukeracha better at the weights out of that race, and is more versatile with the ability to be ridden forward, midfield or worse.

Thought Durston looked pretty short in the Metropolitan. Shocking jockey change, B-grade form for this, meeting all those he beat at Newcastle worse at the weights, and needs to be ridden cold to maintain effectiveness.

Prefer to be on No Compromise at the odds, who gets a big positive jockey switch, coming from the Kingston Town, meeting Stockman/Kukeracha better at the weights out of that race, and is more versatile with the ability to be ridden forward, midfield or worse.

Durston looks an utter moral to me to be honest - seems to have lengths on everything in it except Surefire. It becoming an utter bog is my main concern. You would hope he meets those from Newcastle worse at the weights given he belted the living s**t out of them. Still thrown in.

Last edited:
Starianne a nice roughie in the Edward Manifold at $20s+
Good SP profile and last start taken wide off the track with no trail into the race, closed well. Mile certainly suits and can sit pretty close from gate 4.
Isn't it running today at Geelong?

Durston looks an utter moral to me to be honest - seems to have lengths on everything in it except Surefire. It becoming an utter bog is my main concern. You would hope he meets those from Newcastle worse at the weights given he belted the living s**t out of them. Still thrown in.
Would be utterly broke following Kerrin in G1's recently, or anything to be perfectly honest.

Not saying Durston can't win but don't see how it can be a moral with all the negatives

Would be utterly broke following Kerrin in G1's recently, or anything to be perfectly honest.

Not saying Durston can't win but don't see how it can be a moral with all the negatives

What negatives? Kerrin is on the Melbourne Cup fave - doesn't mean I am going to just pen it completely.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What negatives? Kerrin is on the Melbourne Cup fave - doesn't mean I am going to just pen it completely
Jmac > Kerrin, Track/class queries, backmarker and as you said maybe hates the wet.

Not pen what he rides completely, as I said its just a negative factor for me.

Jmac > Kerrin, Track/class queries, backmarker and as you said maybe hates the wet.

Not pen what he rides completely, as I said its just a negative factor for me.

Class is a bit rich too given half the field he flogged last time is half the field here.

SHADES OF ROSES gets an Everest slot becoming this years Embracer/complete ordinary Sydney horse that somehow gets a slot selection.
maybe can do a Haut Brion Her and run a nice 5th picking up 750k.

How many slots left? Just godolphin and Harron?

Looks like Godolphin were teeing up Andermatt to be their everest horse, but on the back of his recent flops In Secret probably gets it. Paulele a smokey but neither In Secret or Paulele a chance for mine.

Either N.S romps them, or he puts in a bad one and maybe L&R or Masked Crusader swamp him late. Eduardo can't win for mine. Maybe overpass has a few more lengths up it's sleeve but thats about where the chances end.

Funnily enough not the first Sheraco Stakes winner to run in an Everest! Haut Brion Her ran so Shades could walk.

Edit: just seen been beaten to it - again!

Two time winner Catkins ruing the fact there was no Everest back in her day

The Bustins would have to be the shittest co trainers getting around absolutely butcher any decent horses they get and Trent declares literally everything.

No trainer has less clue about how their horses are going then Trent - absolutely horrific stuff

Couldn't find a NHL board so will pop it here.
2.5U Vancouver ML @$1.52 TAB
1.25U Vancouver -1.5 @ $2.50 TAB

Seattle will be resting a few players and Nucks playing a decent team including Demko

McEvoy has never looked the same rider since returning from overseas some years back. Seems to struggle to judge pace and has timing issues.

Back