Serie A 2015-2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Milanista28 what are your thoughts on Rodrigo Ely? Has been good in preseason and saw that he started this morning. Looking like he may actually be first choice now! Him and Romagnoli are a promising duo.

Yep been super impressive this pre season, Mihajlovic said before the game that he would play in his opinion our best line up, I love how he's giving him the responsibility of being a starter, Ely and Romagnoli on paper look very raw but it's exciting to see.

Add Antonelli, De Sciglio and Calabria and we have a very exciting group of young defenders.

So Caddy2Bundy, we reportedly rejected a €30m bid overnight for Mertens from Wolfsburg! That's a lot of money for him, but I like that we are determined to keep our best players!

Also, I've been reading online that quite a few Napoli fans aren't happy with selling Inler. How do u feel about it?

So Caddy2Bundy, we reportedly rejected a €30m bid overnight for Mertens from Wolfsburg! That's a lot of money for him, but I like that we are determined to keep our best players!

Also, I've been reading online that quite a few Napoli fans aren't happy with selling Inler. How do u feel about it?
Mertens is great player and I've liked his preseason a lot and looks like he is a changed player under Sarri. Like you, I like that we a determined to keep our best players but as much as i love Mertens, we should've maybe accepted the offer as I personally its an offer we can't refuse. We could of used the money on a much younger midfielder with pace and even another CB. But the club made the right call rejecting the offer.

Regarding Inler, I think it was the right thing to do as he is 31 years of age. We've bought Mirko Valdifiori and Allan and they should slot into Inler's spot. We are also looking at Donsah (Link below) which is another CDM we could potentially add to our squad. It is sad to see our 88 leave but it was the right thing to do.

http://forzaitalianfootball.com/2015/08/napoli-plot-move-for-cagliari-midfielder/?

Mertens is great player and I've liked his preseason a lot and looks like he is a changed player under Sarri. Like you, I like that we a determined to keep our best players but as much as i love Mertens, we should've maybe accepted the offer as I personally its an offer we can't refuse. We could of used the money on a much younger midfielder with pace and even another CB. But the club made the right call rejecting the offer.

Regarding Inler, I think it was the right thing to do as he is 31 years of age. We've bought Mirko Valdifiori and Allan and they should slot into Inler's spot. We are also looking at Donsah (Link below) which is another CDM we could potentially add to our squad. It is sad to see our 88 leave but it was the right thing to do.

http://forzaitalianfootball.com/2015/08/napoli-plot-move-for-cagliari-midfielder/?

Inler will be replaced by Valdifiori who is very similar in playing styles I think.

Allan is probably Napoli's best acquisition this summer.

Napoli is one of the most patriarchal areas and its great for them they have a local boy (now man haha) as coach. he lives and breathes the club, is aware of the roots. they havent signed big names but they have topped up the squad nicely

I was thinking Inter would be solid but KOVACIC is such a huge loss. HUGE!

Juve still amazing team chemistry, ROma have an arguably same level or better mid and attack (defence is medicore)

Torino have a very nice young team

BRING ON THE STAGIONE

1-1 Between Hellas Verona and Roma. Really good, competitive game! Entertaining way to start the season.

Not the most convincing performance first up by Roma, but will get better once Salah and Dzeko settle in more. They had plenty of chances to win it though.

Playing Hellas Verona away is going to be a very tricky game this season, they're a well coached team.

1-1 Between Hellas Verona and Roma. Really good, competitive game! Entertaining way to start the season.

Not the most convincing performance first up by Roma, but will get better once Salah and Dzeko settle in more. They had plenty of chances to win it though.

Playing Hellas Verona away is going to be a very tricky game this season, they're a well coached team.

Jankovic was very good for them. No romulo on the starting XI, was that a fitness thing?

Jankovic was very good for them. No romulo on the starting XI, was that a fitness thing?

Yeah Romulo has been injured most of pre-season (well actually the last 12 months), so that's why he didn't start. This was his first game back i think.

Hopefully he can stay injury free now, he's a very talented and versatile player.

Juve's loss makes me feel a little better about Napoli losing :D not an ideal start for us, but the league is going to be very competitive this season, so i think most of the bigger teams will suffer numerous surprise losses throughout the campaign. Gotta bounce back next weekend though!

For those of you that haven't seen Fiorentina's first goal this morning, check it out below. What a strike by Marcos Alonso!

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting round, but it is the first round.

Happy with Lazio's win of course.

Verona will be a handful this season.

Fiorentina will be difficult to play this season.

Interesting that Inter struggled to break down a team without Kovacic. Is that a sign of things to come. I predicted a high finish for Inter, but who knows now. Having players of Jovetic's quality helps.

Interesting round, but it is the first round.

Happy with Lazio's win of course.

Verona will be a handful this season.

Fiorentina will be difficult to play this season.

Interesting that Inter struggled to break down a team without Kovacic. Is that a sign of things to come. I predicted a high finish for Inter, but who knows now. Having players of Jovetic's quality helps.

Inter are really hard to read. Biggest weakness from last season was their defence, they've certainly improved that by signing Miranda and Murillo, plus Kondogbia is a really good DM, but they do lack a real quality passer in midfield now. A Jovetic-Icardi strikeforce though has some serious potential! They're after Ivan Perisic, he would be a great signing.

Also, read on the weekend that Lazio spent a total of just €20.6m to sign Felipe Anderson, Onazi, Cataldi, Keita, De Vrij and Kishna. That is brilliant scouting :thumbsu:

Darn! Leverkusen too good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Biglia was a big loss imo. Leverkusen still likely would have won regardless, but given there isn't a heap of CL experience in your squad, his leadership would have helped a lot in a game like this.

I have to apologise though, I totally jinxed you guys yesterday :D i said to a mate that "Italian teams did well last season in Germany with Juve winning 3-0 at Dortmund and Napoli winning 4-1 at Wolfsburg, so i reckon Lazio are a fair chance". Sorry :p

Inter are really hard to read. Biggest weakness from last season was their defence, they've certainly improved that by signing Miranda and Murillo, plus Kondogbia is a really good DM, but they do lack a real quality passer in midfield now. A Jovetic-Icardi strikeforce though has some serious potential! They're after Ivan Perisic, he would be a great signing.

Also, read on the weekend that Lazio spent a total of just €20.6m to sign Felipe Anderson, Onazi, Cataldi, Keita, De Vrij and Kishna. That is brilliant scouting :thumbsu:

miinkovic savic another good buy

What a crap night, after watching a rubbish United performance I then have to put up with Juve losing to the Gypsies

Roma's biggest issues last season was the lack of a quality target man and a good LB ... Dzeko and Digne looking like perfect fits. Challenge has been thrown down to Juve, got no doubt they'll respond, but it will be a close race this season.

Torino look really strong, i love their team. As for Napoli, we still can't defend a damn lead. Good midfield and attack, but need to buy another CB imo.

Overall, great start to the season in general, Jovetic on fire :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back