Seven commentators, thats right 7 commentators calling 1 game.... WTF?

Remove this Banner Ad

Blue and Gold Blood

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 1, 2007
perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
west coast
If youre tuning into the Geelong/North game like I am you might find it a bit hard to remember who is calling the game, because Channel 7 have decided that no less than seven commentators are required for the match.

Macavaney, Commetti, Harley, Carey, Watson, Richardson, and Mathews. Watson and Richardson have barely said 10 words in the first half. What sort of money are these blokes on?

Is football commentator still a profession, or a graveyard for ex-players?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To be honest i'm okay with most of them, but that bloody Harley he is a shocker.

Matthews also sounds like he has no idea was he is talking about these days, I don't think he puts the time in pre game and if you are doing special comments you kind of need to.

To be honest i'm okay with most of them, but that bloody Harley he is a shocker.

Matthews also sounds like he has no idea was he is talking about these days, I don't think he puts the time in pre game and if you are doing special comments you kind of need to.
Harley makes more intelligent comments than most of them. He doesn't just parrot the Murdoch/popular view. Matthews is lazy and past it. Most of them don't even do basic research to have information about lesser known players or grounds.

Not many good commentators still around, athough Anthony Hudson is still quite good, always liked him.

Don't mind Richo as a special comments commentator as he still has a lot of knowledge about the game due to spending a lot of time at a football club. I fear he could get sucked into stupidity with the BT crew though.

Shame about Clint Grybas, he was really setting the bar high, now all these numpties have nobody to compete with so they just talk s**t.

If youre tuning into the Geelong/North game like I am you might find it a bit hard to remember who is calling the game, because Channel 7 have decided that no less than seven commentators are required for the match.

Macavaney, Commetti, Harley, Carey, Watson, Richardson, and Mathews. Watson and Richardson have barely said 10 words in the first half. What sort of money are these blokes on?

Is football commentator still a profession, or a graveyard for ex-players?
Just wait til the GF.

Rompingwins will be all over it.

Harley makes more intelligent comments than most of them. He doesn't just parrot the Murdoch/popular view. Matthews is lazy and past it. Most of them don't even do basic research to have information about lesser known players or grounds.

Harley!!??

Never in the history of human endeavour has one man used so many words to say absolutely nothing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back