Podcast SFA Podcast #13 featuring TheFreshBanana and Bengwatkins

Remove this Banner Ad

It turned into you and nonce talking about s**t stuff. No or little involvement from guests.
Now I firmly disagree with that statement. There was a great involvement from Beng and TFB did enough I thought. I asked both guests plenty of questions and we got a few things covered that we wanted to.

But so it is decided, the podcasts will no longer have guests. Just myself with my co-host talking to each other.

You can't really blame Clarkey or bonce for that though. Clarkey did ask them questions and got them involved in discussion when he could, but it is up to them to speak up and raise anything they'd like to speak about.
Not listening to the podcast just to hear bonce go on about things.

So by saying that, are you implying that you haven't in fact finished listening to the podcast, or in fact, you didn't listen to it at all?

In can be pretty intimidating talking to people you have never met before. I'll admit I was abit nervous before I started doing it but once the s**t talking started you get more comfortable.

I think the guests are doing a good job of atleast giving it a try.

Right, well:
  1. bonce going on about things was actually a discussion about him stepping down from the admin role, a huge talking point considering it's probably the biggest news the league has had in quite a while.
  2. That wasn't the sole content of the podcast. There was quite a bit of discussion from both guests and Clarkey.
  3. Nobody is forcing you to listen to the podcast. If you don't like what you're hearing, turn it off.

In can be pretty intimidating talking to people you have never met before. I'll admit I was abit nervous before I started doing it but once the s**t talking started you get more comfortable.

Yeah, spot on. Once you start chatting, your sorta forget your recording a podcast and it feels like you are just talking s**t with mates.

And, that last part of the podcast, so much win. Did laugh.

Right, well:
  1. bonce going on about things was actually a discussion about him stepping down from the admin role, a huge talking point considering it's probably the biggest news the league has had in quite a while.
  2. That wasn't the sole content of the podcast. There was quite a bit of discussion from both guests and Clarkey.
  3. Nobody is forcing you to listen to the podcast. If you don't like what you're hearing, turn it off.
I can handle criticism 100%. It's how people grow and get better and personally, it's something that I endeavor to learn from but getting to where we are now, starting from back in podcast #1 to now in podcast #13, I can't stand it when someone has nothing to say except for "podcast was s**t".

It's as effective as when a coach tells his football players that they're playing shithouse with no ulterior form of feedback.

In terms of discussion, I feel as if I was able to get both guests in discussion on multiple occasions and same goes for Boncer34 as my co-host. However, that being said, it is up to the guests how much they are going to contribute. In 40 minutes, you'd think they would have plenty of time to talk about stuff, which they did, but I'm actually thinking that the 40 minute podcast has thrown you off a little bit. I think that the shorter duration is tricking you a bit into thinking there was less discussion because in essence, there is.

Also one big thing to note is perhaps it's not my fault, nor Boncer's fault, nor the guests fault and maybe it's the SFA public's fault. Why, you say? Well on the majority of podcasts that we have recorded, we have had a segment called "Viewers questions". Wrongfully named however everyone gets the idea of it and it seems to settle in the guests quite well. Despite asking for questions, like I do every week, I received none. I did receive a PM from RookieListed with some great ice-breaking questions however it was virtually at the end of the recording that this was sent to me. As said above, previous guests are nervous at the start but they then begin to forget about everything and continue on without the uncomfortable feeling that some posters possess on the podcast. This segment has been proven to be effective in helping create that pathway from shyness to openness and when the people at home listening in don't send us any questions, we have to skip straight to the itty-gritty sides of things.

In conclusion, akkaps, you're feedback has been received and has been quickly tossed into the bin much like Arenas does from deep.
gilbert-arenas-game-winner-o.gif

I can handle criticism 100%. It's how people grow and get better and personally, it's something that I endeavor to learn from but getting to where we are now, starting from back in podcast #1 to now in podcast #13, I can't stand it when someone has nothing to say except for "podcast was s**t".

It's as effective as when a coach tells his football players that they're playing shithouse with no ulterior form of feedback.

In terms of discussion, I feel as if I was able to get both guests in discussion on multiple occasions and same goes for Boncer34 as my co-host. However, that being said, it is up to the guests how much they are going to contribute. In 40 minutes, you'd think they would have plenty of time to talk about stuff, which they did, but I'm actually thinking that the 40 minute podcast has thrown you off a little bit. I think that the shorter duration is tricking you a bit into thinking there was less discussion because in essence, there is.

Also one big thing to note is perhaps it's not my fault, nor Boncer's fault, nor the guests fault and maybe it's the SFA public's fault. Why, you say? Well on the majority of podcasts that we have recorded, we have had a segment called "Viewers questions". Wrongfully named however everyone gets the idea of it and it seems to settle in the guests quite well. Despite asking for questions, like I do every week, I received none. I did receive a PM from RookieListed with some great ice-breaking questions however it was virtually at the end of the recording that this was sent to me. As said above, previous guests are nervous at the start but they then begin to forget about everything and continue on without the uncomfortable feeling that some posters possess on the podcast. This segment has been proven to be effective in helping create that pathway from shyness to openness and when the people at home listening in don't send us any questions, we have to skip straight to the itty-gritty sides of things.

In conclusion, akkaps, you're feedback has been received and has been quickly tossed into the bin much like Arenas does from deep.
gilbert-arenas-game-winner-o.gif
Did you mean to quote me? I liked the podcast.

I do think more guests need to bring pre-prepared stuff to the table though when they're volunteering to jump on board. It's unfair to just expect that you'll get on the podcast and presto brilliance spews from your mouth. s**t like this takes some form of dedication beyond just being present.

I do think more guests need to bring pre-prepared stuff to the table though when they're volunteering to jump on board. It's unfair to just expect that you'll get on the podcast and presto brilliance spews from your mouth. s**t like this takes some form of dedication beyond just being present.
It wasn't directed at you but I did mean to quote you as I was just furthering my opinion on yours.

But in all seriousness, one of the main things about this podcast was time. I'm pushing hard to try and create smaller podcasts and although we went for forty minutes in this one, I was hoping for thirty minutes.

I think the novelty of the podcast has worn off in terms of the hour long s**t-fest. With finals heating up, it's time to try and publish a more concise podcast that gets to the point and has substance. If people are turned off by that, then you're seriously stupid.

You probably need to find a happy medium mate.

In fairness, a concise podcast full of substance probably then rules out you hanging at a nightclub with Crowie but I personally like listening to that stuff. I know the hour or so we riffed on the podcast I was on was heaps of fun, I enjoy listening to them for the laughs.

I do agree it's a bit silly to criticise this one for being too insular, I think Rhodesey mentioned that there was some pretty big news coming through and that should take precedence. Maybe the ones that need to be more concise are the mid season crap shoots, they still have their place, and the ones with actual substance could be extended (bumper episodes).

I don't think the novelty has worn off though, I don't think there is a novelty.

I spew brilliance all the time thank you very much.

Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk 4

I think this podcast could have been enhanced with a more experienced panel. Beng and TFB were fine but they felt mismatched and a bit out of place in contrast to boncer's news. This was a week you needed Eth, IMS, Okey, Tarks or even Pants or Juggs, all of whom - except for Pants, who I only include for his relaxed attitude around Boncer - are experienced posters who are all legitimate contenders for the role of new admin and could offer slightly more in-depth insights (again,I exclude Pants).

That said, I wasn't rolling my eyes listening to boncer for once, so good job everyone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think this podcast could have been enhanced with a more experienced panel. Beng and TFB were fine but they felt mismatched and a bit out of place in contrast to boncer's news. This was a week you needed Eth, IMS, Okey, Tarks or even Pants or Juggs, all of whom - except for Pants, who I only include for his relaxed attitude around Boncer - are experienced posters who are all legitimate contenders for the role of new admin and could offer slightly more in-depth insights (again,I exclude Pants).

That said, I wasn't rolling my eyes listening to boncer for once, so good job everyone.

You hit me right where it hurts.

I'm sick of listening to all four of those blokes to be honest :)

40 minutes was good, saying that I have enjoyed them all so far irrespective of length.

Nothing wrong with the two hosts talking a lot, it's really up to the guests to chip in to the level they want to.

Agreed. I was in the first podcast with Pants. And in that podcast, everyone was new at it. EVen the hosts. So it was a bit scrappy.

Felt much more comfortable in my other two, and you can tell how comfortable Clarkey and Bonce are.

Agreed. I was in the first podcast with Pants. And in that podcast, everyone was new at it. EVen the hosts. So it was a bit scrappy.

Felt much more comfortable in my other two, and you can tell how comfortable Clarkey and Bonce are.

As long as the host(s) are engaging the guests then it's up to them to comment..

Observations:

TheFreshBanana 3 seasons 3 finals series? I've been here since S09 and have only played in one finals series (a straight sets exit). So **** you. Nominated yourself to win the Mobbs. I like it.

Bengwatkins of course I am planning a media article RE your Alfie. But i'm not going to write about me getting you there, i'm going to make you say it :) AND where's the arrogance!!!??? You won the Alfie this is meant to be FIGJAM week.

ClarkeM understand your points RE salary cap, but still wish you'd reply to my response to you in the thread.

Really liked the length guys.

Observations:

TheFreshBanana 3 seasons 3 finals series? I've been here since S09 and have only played in one finals series (a straight sets exit). So **** you. Nominated yourself to win the Mobbs. I like it.

Bengwatkins of course I am planning a media article RE your Alfie. But i'm not going to write about me getting you there, i'm going to make you say it :) AND where's the arrogance!!!??? You won the Alfie this is meant to be FIGJAM week.

ClarkeM understand your points RE salary cap, but still wish you'd reply to my response to you in the thread.

Really liked the length guys.

So many things could be said here....:p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back