Competitions SFA wants you

Remove this Banner Ad

I may not have posted here much over the past few years but you may remember me as a regular here previously. Thats beside the point. - You should listen up to what I'm here to talk to you about.

As you scroll down the forum list, you will come across a board that says "footy games" Yes, I know what your thinking - I'm already joined up to tipping, supercoach or dreamteam and I never have the time to check my side (much like myself). But listen up. In the sub-board is a board called "Sweet F.A." This is where you come in.

Fantasy Footy League is actually the gateway to the SFA, where YOU get to experience all the action and excitement of an AFL player just by sitting on your couch watching TV like I am now or if your bored at work or uni/school. You join a side - there are 12 of them currently - and each week join your team mates in a lot of fun banter rubbishing the opposition. Then, come Sunday, we put everyone's names into a Sim, and it spits out a recreation of a game of AFL footy, with you a member of the side. It's pretty fun to track how you play, and each week hope for another win that could bring you Finals glory and perhaps even a Premiership. We're currently between seasons and your just in time just to join up for our milestone 20th season.

Guys like The Filth Wizard is already joined up and is a well known member of the Dragons but quite frankly, they're a sh*t side.

While there is no side affiliated with North Melbourne, myself and SM captain a side named Geelong Wolves - with no affiliation with the Cats, thats a guarantee! In fact the team draws its members from a range of different AFL sides, and you'd be surprised how likeable some of them can be. We'd love to have you!

You can find more information here: http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/sfa-information-sign-up-thread-season-19.1085435/

If you can't be bothered reading a post of this length here's a shorter version!
The SFA is a really fun way to waste time at home/work/uni by posting banter with a bunch of friendly people. Follow the link here:http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/sfa-information-sign-up-thread-season-19.1085435/ designate Geelong Wolves as the side you want to join, and hey presto! You're in.

Bojan KantKick might be interested?
Thanks SM but my lifes going to go from cruise mode to ridiculously busy in late August so i wouldn't want to commit to anything. pantskyle told me about the SFA a while ago but i declined. From what i read about it at the time, i got the impression that you had to commit time on Sundays (gamedays) to do well/participate. My weekends are never organised (particularly as i'm renovating at the moment) so i'll have to decline again. Cheers

Thanks SM but my lifes going to go from cruise mode to ridiculously busy in late August so i wouldn't want to commit to anything. pantskyle told me about the SFA a while ago but i declined. From what i read about it at the time, i got the impression that you had to commit time on Sundays (gamedays) to do well/participate. My weekends are never organised (particularly as i'm renovating at the moment) so i'll have to decline again. Cheers

Nah you don't have to commit time on Sundays, it's more chatting and posting during the week then the actual game gets posted on Sundays which you can watch live or catch up on later. A SIM does the whole thing without any input from the actual posters so no particular time commitment, but all good mate! You were the first North supporter that came to mind.

Nah you don't have to commit time on Sundays, it's more chatting and posting during the week then the actual game gets posted on Sundays which you can watch live or catch up on later. A SIM does the whole thing without any input from the actual posters so no particular time commitment, but all good mate! You were the first North supporter that came to mind.
I'll have a think about it. I see Dirty Bird is involved. How much trolling is allowed?

I'll have a think about it. I see Dirty Bird is involved. How much trolling is allowed?

As much as you want however if you decide to join then join the Las Vegas Bears, most trolling is much wow.

It would be nice to have another North supporter aboard, aswell as a friendly face from the association football board.

No rush mate. Take your time to think about it. First game doesn't start for another few weeks. As SM has said, there is no required commitment on a Sunday. Personally, i'm easy with committment and i'm sure SM is easy with it too .There are posters who only pop in during the week every now and then so it's completely at your own leisure as to when you post.

I'll play, what are the teams I can join?
Excellent. Just head to the link and fill out the sign up form.

Essentially any side if you wish. Just click the link mate. but the Wolves want you! put the wolves as your preferred team if it's the Wolves you want

Last edited:

I want you at the Dragons.

I can use you.

And once I stop using you you'll probably enjoy the SFA.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Without a bit of context that statement sounds concerning haha

It was supposed to.

I liked how you made that laughter sound nervous though.

Let me know if you're coming over. I always keep a light squad which means more opportunity.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back