SFL Division 1 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Come on pal, it sounds like your already making excuses for why the dingoes are going out in straight sets. Surely you have other options in the ruck

Dingoes just didn't have the run today. Struggled to take any marks inside 50. Dingley got smashed in the ruck by Dahl. Young Lloyd rolled his ankle early and we had to use Adam Stock who is probably 6 foot 1 and 70kg in the ruck. One of those days. Will be a tough gig next week as well assuming St Pauls beat Cheslea Heights. Gilbert flogged us last time.

Dingley didn't have the run because EB (like last week against us) didn't let them.

Dingley were still in the mix being 16 points down halfway through the last with Frost lining up from not far OUT, however he missed badly and I feel that was the comeback chance gone begging.

EB have finals experience and it showed.

Come on pal, it sounds like your already making excuses for why the dingoes are going out in straight sets. Surely you have other options in the ruck
First ever post idiot. Must have hit a nerve for you to sign up. We didn't take backup ruck man into the game.

East Brighton vs Dingly
This game was a ripper, never seen two teams go hammer and tong for the whole 100 minutes of the game, east Cleary identified Dinglys lack of grunt all over the field and made it there main focus point, to be quite honest the vampires should of won by more, Dingly were never in the game and rarely got there running game going, Toby Mahoney was great up forward and was everywhere kicking multiple goals and setting a few, Ben Douthie again showed his physicality was one of the vampires best, Bowman blanketed Dinglys cash cow Francis, Stewart also played a roll coming in 3rd man, Mark Jamierson again played a solid final whether up forward or down back. Dahl again was at his best winning every tap that he competed in, Walmesly properly got the better of Sabec. Dinglys best player I thought was Travis LaRocca his run and carry off half back was one of the main reasons Dingly were still in it. Patterson had a crack weather it was in the ruck or up forward and kicked 2 goals, Bolger and Boyle did there best to try and nullify clearances but Dahl was just to damaging but they can both be happy with there games, also Frost showed bits and peices of how damaging he could be but in the end Vampires were way to good and earned the week off, and on the other hand Dingly we'll they weren't soft but East were just harder and more experienced

Votes
5 Votes Toby Mahoney #1 (EB)
4 Votes Nathan Stewart #5 (EB)
3 Votes Travis LaRocca #9 (D)
2 Votes Hamish Dahl #19 (EB)
1 Vote Liam Bowman #9 (EB)

Chelsea Heights vs St Paul's
Going to the game today I thought it was going to be a whitewash but it was the opposite, credit to Chelsea Heights they don't have a lot of talent on the park but you certainly carn't question there effort, it was a pretty scrappy game in general with Terek getting sent off early on a hit on Adam McIntyre proberly cost Chelsea the game, St Paul's jumped them early but Chelsea fought back the lead changed many times throughout the game but St Paul's just had a bit more class, players that stood out for me was Adam McIntyre clearly the best man on the ground his grunt work through the middle was exceptional and also his defensive efforts were just as good, with a match saving tackle on Terek late in the last quarter. James again was the highlight up foward kicking 5 goals his presence and ability to keep his feet is one of many reasons why he is the best foward in the Comp. Ridgeway needs to lift for mine looks fat, lazy and selfish and is proberly one of the most overrated players in the comp, I mean he can play but just isn't in the top tear players of the SFL. Gilbert today was better and proberly had the better of Terek took some good grabs in defensive 50
For Chelsea Walsh again was pretty good playing a solid 4 quarter game off half back and set up many attacks. The unorthodox Perryman was again great and attracted plenty of the pill. Young Uthayakumar was lively up foward and lifted in the 3rd quarter and was the main the reason Chelsea was leading at 3 quarter time and finished with 3 goals. Phil Matherson played a blinder and was Chelsea's best player, used his creativity and was very effective when got it

Votes
5 Votes Adam McIntyre #16 (stp)
4 Votes Phil Matherson #11 (CH)
3 Votes Luke James #4 (stp)
2 Votes Darren Walsh #3 (CH)
1 Vote Jordan Perryman #25 (CH)

Chelsea Heights vs St Paul's
Going to the game today I thought it was going to be a whitewash but it was the opposite, credit to Chelsea Heights they don't have a lot of talent on the park but you certainly carn't question there effort, it was a pretty scrappy game in general with Terek getting sent off early on a hit on Adam McIntyre proberly cost Chelsea the game, St Paul's jumped them early but Chelsea fought back the lead changed many times throughout the game but St Paul's just had a bit more class, players that stood out for me was Adam McIntyre clearly the best man on the ground his grunt work through the middle was exceptional and also his defensive efforts were just as good, with a match saving tackle on Terek late in the last quarter. James again was the highlight up foward kicking 5 goals his presence and ability to keep his feet is one of many reasons why he is the best foward in the Comp. Ridgeway needs to lift for mine looks fat, lazy and selfish and is proberly one of the most overrated players in the comp, I mean he can play but just isn't in the top tear players of the SFL. Gilbert today was better and proberly had the better of Terek took some good grabs in defensive 50
For Chelsea Walsh again was pretty good playing a solid 4 quarter game off half back and set up many attacks. The unorthodox Perryman was again great and attracted plenty of the pill. Young Uthayakumar was lively up foward and lifted in the 3rd quarter and was the main the reason Chelsea was leading at 3 quarter time and finished with 3 goals. Phil Matherson played a blinder and was Chelsea's best player, used his creativity and was very effective when got it

Votes
5 Votes Adam McIntyre #16 (stp)
4 Votes Phil Matherson #11 (CH)
3 Votes Luke James #4 (stp)
2 Votes Darren Walsh #3 (CH)
1 Vote Jordan Perryman #25 (CH)

Bit stiff on Ridgway, he came second in the league for goals this season, broke his leg a couple of years ago playing rep VAFA football and prior to that kicked over 110 goals in one season in the SFL.

He's rated for a reason, but his season to date has been not to his best and he'd admit that.

Bit stiff on Ridgway, he came second in the league for goals this season, broke his leg a couple of years ago playing rep VAFA football and prior to that kicked over 110 goals in one season in the SFL.

He's rated for a reason, but his season to date has been not to his best and he'd admit that.
You think he is harsh on Ridgeway, what about Jack Gunston. I think you will find Gunston 100 per cent has kicked more than 7 goals in his last 6 finals games.
Otherwise great work toilet cleaner

East Brighton vs Dingly
This game was a ripper, never seen two teams go hammer and tong for the whole 100 minutes of the game, east Cleary identified Dinglys lack of grunt all over the field and made it there main focus point, to be quite honest the vampires should of won by more, Dingly were never in the game and rarely got there running game going, Toby Mahoney was great up forward and was everywhere kicking multiple goals and setting a few, Ben Douthie again showed his physicality was one of the vampires best, Bowman blanketed Dinglys cash cow Francis, Stewart also played a roll coming in 3rd man, Mark Jamierson again played a solid final whether up forward or down back. Dahl again was at his best winning every tap that he competed in, Walmesly properly got the better of Sabec. Dinglys best player I thought was Travis LaRocca his run and carry off half back was one of the main reasons Dingly were still in it. Patterson had a crack weather it was in the ruck or up forward and kicked 2 goals, Bolger and Boyle did there best to try and nullify clearances but Dahl was just to damaging but they can both be happy with there games, also Frost showed bits and peices of how damaging he could be but in the end Vampires were way to good and earned the week off, and on the other hand Dingly we'll they weren't soft but East were just harder and more experienced

Votes
5 Votes Toby Mahoney #1 (EB)
4 Votes Nathan Stewart #5 (EB)
3 Votes Travis LaRocca #9 (D)
2 Votes Hamish Dahl #19 (EB)
1 Vote Liam Bowman #9 (EB)
Great work Toilet Cleaner but I reckon spell check might be a bonus

Yeh I might be a bit harsh on Ridgway but from memory he was ranked number #7 in the SFL, he's a great player but I just think he isn't as good as what everyone thinks, I mean I would love to have him in my team but from the couple of games I've watched him play this year I certainly don't think he is the 7th best player in the comp, just my call though others might disagree. And on the Francis Gunston comparisons I was referring to big bags in finals not goals in consecutive finals but it was just a player comparisons but I come to agree Batfink,

Yeh I might be a bit harsh on Ridgway but from memory he was ranked number #7 in the SFL, he's a great player but I just think he isn't as good as what everyone thinks, I mean I would love to have him in my team but from the couple of games I've watched him play this year I certainly don't think he is the 7th best player in the comp, just my call though others might disagree. And on the Francis Gunston comparisons I was referring to big bags in finals not goals in consecutive finals but it was just a player comparisons but I come to agree Batfink,
Don't worry about batfink the man loves eating the pres' chokitos

Bit quiet in here....surprised by the weekends results.

Thought Dingley would be too quick on spread for EB, but the Vampires must have been superb.

As for Sunday, thought St Pauls would demolish CH, but the Heighters enthusiasm and competitiveness has shown what can be done on a limited budget with kids.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bit quiet in here....surprised by the weekends results.

Thought Dingley would be too quick on spread for EB, but the Vampires must have been superb.

As for Sunday, thought St Pauls would demolish CH, but the Heighters enthusiasm and competitiveness has shown what can be done on a limited budget with kids.

EB were good with their manic pressure, but Dingley as I mentioned weren't too far off on the scoreboard.

I still think that on their given day the premiership could go to any 3 left. Which is great for the competition.

EB were good with their manic pressure, but Dingley as I mentioned weren't too far off on the scoreboard.

I still think that on their given day the premiership could go to any 3 left. Which is great for the competition.
Agree all 3 sides left would fancy themselves as winning the flag this year. Last 3 years there was always a clear cut favourite 2. Two weeks ago everyone thought it was a 2 horse race but now there is no clear cut fav. Im tipping most people have picked 1 winner out of 4 so far, and that nearly went the other way. Hard to pick a winner for this week as Dingley have had the better form, but st.Pauls are a proven finals performer.

Can't wait to see the looks on the faces of hilly and the chrome dome when East Brighton choke up again and make it 1 from 4

Isnt football great
Even though we lost last week, a top night was had at the Dingley International

I heard a bit of a rumour about an incident at the DI involving a well known father/son combo.

Word was the player may not suit up on the weekend, but i'm struggling to believe this until I see it with my own eyes.

Just adds a bit more intrigue to the weekend.

I heard a bit of a rumour about an incident at the DI involving a well known father/son combo.

Word was the player may not suit up on the weekend, but i'm struggling to believe this until I see it with my own eyes.

Just adds a bit more intrigue to the weekend.
Haven't heard anything about this, please tell

Going to be a massive week. Dingo Seniors, Reserves, U/19 and Thirds all playing in GF's with A Grade Netball and Super Rules Flags already locked away. Commiserations to St Pauls who were defiantly robbed yesterday.

In light of recent events it will be interesting to see what security strategy the League will implement with both Div 1 & Div 2 Grand finals. Let's hope everyone behaves and enjoys what are sure to be very good matches.

Was a great game of football and congrats to Dingley. A few things of note:

1. Was surprised that Luke James was allowed back on the ground after been knocked out for a few minutes and then throwing up on the bench. Surely the coach has a duty of care here.

2. Graham Francis was at it again. Sneaking bottled beers into the ground and drinking them in plain sight. Then after the game running into the St Pauls supporters and screaming 'Go Dingoes' into their faces, which resulted in a scuffle in front of a heap of scared children. If I was from Dingley I would be getting rid of him, massive liability to the club.

Last edited:
The game was going along similar to last week against East Brighton. Dingley were staying in touch but could not kick 2 goals in a row. The opposition after weathering a fair bit of heat would then get it forward and 1 of their clever forwards would kick a goal against the run of play. Then it clicked.

Dingley got 2 goals and the crowd came alight. A third followed and then Deano marked well and coolly slotted his 4th to put us in front. 4 goals in the last 10 mins is a tough way to win and well done to St.Pauls for the way they played and their show of respect to our players after the siren. A very good club who can hold their heads high.

We now have 4 Grand Finals to prepare for this week which must be some sort of record not only in this comp.

"Go Dingoes"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back